New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 22 2008, 12:59 AM   #1
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
True Blood 1x3 "Mine"

Episode three starts in the Western and Central areas in just a little over an hour. Everybody got the popcorn ready?

Zap2It - "Malcolm, Liam, and Diane make a hasty retreat after Bill lays claim to Sookie."
Old September 22 2008, 02:04 AM   #2
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Re: True Blood 1x3 "Mine"

I... do not have Showtime. I'll get back to you tomorrow. I have the show beamed into my head overnight.
Old September 22 2008, 02:17 AM   #3
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

I'll watch it later too.

I think I might like this series

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2008, 03:11 AM   #4
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
I... do not have Showtime. I'll get back to you tomorrow. I have the show beamed into my head overnight.
Adjust your brain beam accordingly cuz it's actually on HBO.

As for tonite's episode...I like the sex lives of southern working class angle of the show, but the vampire thing...they need to dump that.
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2008, 05:17 AM   #5
OmahaStar

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
As noted already, it's shown on HBO. I'm really hoping you're not talking about downloading the episode.

Mods, this post is not encouraging illegal stuff, so please don't close.

Back to the post ... HBO is being very ... anal ... about people who are torrenting this show. I have seen some of the letters they're sending out. HBO is documenting every IP addy that's doing downloads and having their lawyers notify the service providers. Supposedly, within 2 days of sharing episodes of True Blood, people are getting notified in the mail that they've been caught, ordered to delete the file, and being warned that a second notification will result in prosecution.

I already don't encourage downloading, and I don't want anyone here to get in trouble because of their love of a really good show. Please be careful. Check with your cable/satellite provider and see if there are any deals that include HBO. When I did, I found out that by adding HBO, my total price per month went *down* seven dollars, thanks to package deals.

Now, back to the episode itself ...

My, oh, my ... yeah, behind spoilers for those in the far East.

Well, let's see what next week brings us. Looks like someone's headed right back where they were before, that can't be good. lol
Old September 22 2008, 07:04 AM   #6
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

I actually get HBO. It's called the VCR! Chill!
Old September 23 2008, 01:09 AM   #7
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Got my tape (from a friend who has satellite) and I must say I'm liking this show (and the music) very much. Sookie's brother dancing for his Vamp blood was hilarioius!

LJ

LJ2
Old September 23 2008, 05:16 AM   #8
Ryan
Commodore

The series is getting boring damn quick. Nothing new or interesting is being done with the vamps and we were given an incredibly bad "I survive by magic!" speech by Bill.

Yawn.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2008, 06:26 AM   #9
kitkat
Admiral

Great episode.

Bill is hot.

Sookie sooooooooooooo needs to get laid.

Sam barking in his sleep was hilarious!!!

The hierarchy with the vampires could make it very interesting to say the least. If I wasn't so tired right now I would post more.

In any event I'm already hooked so I'm sure I'll keep watching.

Past, present and future walked into a bar...it was tense.
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2008, 03:20 PM   #10
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Ryan wrote: View Post
The series is getting boring damn quick. Nothing new or interesting is being done with the vamps and we were given an incredibly bad "I survive by magic!" speech by Bill.

Yawn.
No attempt at a scientific explanation for vamps in this world. Magic.

That explains how someone with no working circulatory system or glands could have an erection, too. Making vamps impotent would sure taking a wrecking ball to their mythos, though.

I wonder if Bill has even taken a dump in over 150 years. "I don't shit, Sookie."
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2008, 03:54 PM   #11
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

Okay, I'm sorry, but this episode was bad. Diane and bald vamp were absolutely laughable, and if they don't stop having scenes that are nothing but painful exposition, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to stick with this. Did we need Tara and Sam's discussion of her mother when the very next scene was her going home and having the altercation with her mom? And it is (of course) going to take Sookie about five seconds to find out that Tara and Sam slept together thanks to her handy dandy telepathy.

So far the show is coming off as stilted, over the top, and unfunny even though it sometimes tries very hard to get a laugh. It is lacking the charm of the books, having pitched that in order to make this the most sex-obsessed town in America. I'm not giving up yet, but I wish they'd take the sensisibility they applied to the opening credits and get more of that feel into the actual show. Right now there is zero menace to the "evil" vampires, who are just ridiculous. The writers are also tap dancing on any mystery or ominous atmosphere by constantly having the characters discuss things that shouldn't be spelled out.
Old September 23 2008, 04:50 PM   #12
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

We need a poll!

The weakest of the three episodes so far, by far. Jason and Lafayette are colorful characters in small doses, but any sustained screen time is wearing out their welcome. Particularly Jason. But, they appear to be in the main cast so I'm stuck with them. I guess I'm supposed to feel sorry for Tara - to this point the most interesting character in the show - but her mother is so over the top pathetic I couldn't concentrate on anything else when she hit the screen; making a mockery of a key sympathy inducing moment.

The story didn't seem to move anywhere short of introducing us to the Evil Vampires and giving us pointless hookups, more Sookie romantic soul searching and a little sleep barking.

Right now there is zero menace to the "evil" vampires, who are just ridiculous.
Hoo boy, the Evil Vampires. Currently they are something between the Lost Boys and a liberal mix of a fake vampire from Scooby Doo. But, with way more rampant libidos. And worse dialogue.

Below Average

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2008, 05:51 PM   #13
OmahaStar

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
We need a poll!

I'll start putting a poll in with next week's thread.
Old September 24 2008, 03:25 AM   #14
ancientone51
Rear Admiral

Got to agree, the show is a bit slow. I've read the books and am enjoying them, but seems to be taking too long.

Daughter hasn't read teh books and is enjoying it as well.

We shall see. It is surely still on our radar.

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2008, 03:34 AM   #15
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

kitkat wrote: View Post

Bill is hot.
Oh my yes he is indeed

Sookie sooooooooooooo needs to get laid.
she sure does...and I have a feeling that'll be drawn out a while yet...

Sam barking in his sleep was hilarious!!!

In any event I'm already hooked so I'm sure I'll keep watching.
As will I

LJ

LJ2