Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old September 7 2008, 06:50 PM   #1156
Harvey
Admiral

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

I think discussion has been siphoned away towards RoJoHen's threads in General Sci-Fi at this point. Perhaps this thread will come alive again in the future, although without hope for more Lost Tales (or more anything Babylon 5) I don't know what would motivate such a resurgence in Babylon 5.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2008, 08:20 PM   #1157
Jan
Commodore

Well, it may be a small thing but JMS did mention possibly finishing the long-overdue B5 graphic novel this fall. No telling how long before it would be drawn and published after he turned in the script, though.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2008, 11:07 PM   #1158
Harvey
Admiral

A graphic novel, you say? I'm not very interested into comics, but I do make exceptions from time to time and would be interested in this one. Any sense of what the story is about?

I'm hard pressed to see where else new enthusiasm for the show is going to be shored up. The DVDs have already been dropped in price to under 20 dollars. No new DVDs are on the horizon. All the script books for the series regular have been released (and been discontinued). There aren't any Babylon 5 computer games coming out. Any chance at a new novel line has been stalled, if not finished entirely. No more Lost Tales will be made. Chances of a movie that Straczynski has pondered are almost zero.

I imagine it will continue to bring in a small, steady stream of dedicated fans, but as far as great numbers of new viewers are concerned, Babylon 5 seems to have gone out to the pasture. It's not even regularly aired on any prominent television channel anymore.

Old September 8 2008, 05:22 AM   #1159
Jan
Commodore

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
A graphic novel, you say? I'm not very interested into comics, but I do make exceptions from time to time and would be interested in this one. Any sense of what the story is about?
No, 'fraid not. *If* if turns out as originally planned, it's supposed to be quite long, though, at 100 pages. Back in 2005 he posted that the script was about halfway done but he also mentioned at a con that he'd had to steer the story away from what he'd written for TMoS.

When/if I hear anything new, I'll be sure to post it.

Jan
Old September 19 2008, 12:47 AM   #1160
dauntless111
Cadet

"We are now at war..........we are now at war"

G'Kar, "Coming of Shadows"

dauntless111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2008, 06:44 PM   #1161
Jan
Commodore

dauntless111 wrote: View Post
"We are now at war..........we are now at war"

G'Kar, "Coming of Shadows"

Also from "The Coming of Shadows":

By this time tomorrow, we will be
at war with the Narn. May the Great
Maker forgive me....

Londo Mollari

Old September 21 2008, 05:54 PM   #1162
Mal
Rear Admiral

The Coming of Shadows also has a Sinclair cameo.

I wish we had seen more of the events from To Dream of the City of Sorrows in the show - just one episode would have been enough... just one.
Old September 21 2008, 06:10 PM   #1163
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

Mal wrote: View Post
The Coming of Shadows also has a Sinclair cameo.

I wish we had seen more of the events from To Dream of the City of Sorrows in the show - just one episode would have been enough... just one.

So do I. An episode set on Minbar of the flip-side of an event occurring on Babylon 5 or something like that but featuring Sinclair and how he barely crosses paths with the regulars. Much like the climatic sequence in the novel.

I wished that they'd been able to do a transitional episode from Sinclair to Sheridan similar to the first issue of the DC comic book.
Old November 17 2008, 01:06 AM   #1164
Neroon
Mod of balance

A question to pose:

My friends have been clamoring for a B5 marathon, as we havne' thad one in quite awhile. My idea is to show a couple of "hidden gems", epiodes that aren't usually named on people's "best episode lists" but are still well regarded. Got any suggestions?

There is a second part. I thought it might be fun to print off a couple of copies of a script fromteh jms scriptbooks and have folks read through an episode while we watch it. Which do you think might be a good choice for that?
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 09:59 PM   #1165
JoeD80
Captain

Neroon wrote: View Post
A question to pose:

My friends have been clamoring for a B5 marathon, as we havne' thad one in quite awhile. My idea is to show a couple of "hidden gems", epiodes that aren't usually named on people's "best episode lists" but are still well regarded. Got any suggestions?
The Geometry of Shadows & A Day in the Strife

Neroon wrote: View Post
There is a second part. I thought it might be fun to print off a couple of copies of a script fromteh jms scriptbooks and have folks read through an episode while we watch it. Which do you think might be a good choice for that?
Depends what you are going for I suppose. The episodes follow the scripts pretty closely. A lot of the scripts have extra scenes that were cut for time. Maybe "Severed Dreams" would be interesting since the script in the book still has the character of General Hague in it. "War Without End" was reorganized quite a bit from the script once John Schuck was not available for the episode.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2008, 07:14 PM   #1166
Jan
Commodore

I've always been fond of "Rumors, Bargains and Lies" myself.

Trivia note: November 25 is the ten year anniversary of "Sleeping in Light" airing. Time flies...

Jan
Old November 19 2008, 09:37 PM   #1167
Neroon
Mod of balance

Jan wrote: View Post
Trivia note: November 25 is the ten year anniversary of "Sleeping in Light" airing. Time flies...

Jan
I remember that so very well, because the next day was Thanksgiving Day. We watched the episode that Wed. night, and then inexplicably the next morning ... I woke up before the sun had come up. Hadn't planned it. Didn't set the alarm for it. In truth, I'd rather have slept in.

Instead, I got up, fixed a cup of tea, and went out onto the deck to watch the sun come up.

Last edited by Neroon; November 19 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old November 19 2008, 10:03 PM   #1168
Harvey
Admiral

I've always been partial to "Revelations" from season two, and think "The Face of The Enemy" from season four could easily be the best episode of the series as well.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old November 21 2008, 04:03 AM   #1169
Neroon
Mod of balance

"Eyes" from season 1 is an episode that I think doesn't get quite enough love. The B story of Lennier building Garibaldi's motorcycle is a lot of fun. But the A-story of Ben Zayn attempting to usurp Sinclair's command is a plot element that I'd definitely expect.
Old November 21 2008, 04:56 PM   #1170
Harvey
Admiral

"Eyes" doesn't work as well as it should, I think. It works, but not as well as it should. The guy who comes to take Sinclair's power (is Zayn his name?) has that huge scar and an over-the-top performance to go with. I know the scar was his own, but it's just a little much.

That said, Jeff Combs and the B-story (product placement that isn't as annoying as it has every right to be) are fun.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.