Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 16 2008, 11:40 PM   #31
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Heroes interview!

Don't go to youtube and watch any new season three previews if you don't want to know who shot Nathan.

Nathan.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 09:20 AM   #32
Hermiod
Admiral

I watched the alternate ending to "Powerless" and the footage they had already shot for episodes 12 and 13 before the strike on the season two Blu-Rays last night.

Most of it has been scratched now but there is one scene that they took the time to put a "SPOILER ALERT" caption over suggesting that it will still come to pass.

Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 09:51 AM   #33
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Yowza on that!! I think that'll still happen, too. Angela Petrelli seems heavily featured in that great new preview promo.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old September 17 2008, 10:33 AM   #34
Hermiod
Admiral

^As I said, it was the only piece of footage from what would have been episodes 2x12 and 2x13 that had a "SPOILER ALERT" caption.

There were other scenes that Tim Kring says cannot be repurposed as they've decided to go in another direction now.

This part is not a spoiler. In the alternate ending the Nikki, Monica and Micah and Sylar cliffhangers are the same. Nikki still gets blown up and Sylar still regains his powers. In addition, Hiro still buries Adam alive.

My non-spoiler guess with Nikki is that Jessica resurfaces which reactivates her powers and allows her to escape.
Old September 17 2008, 11:03 AM   #35
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

No, I think Nikki's dead. I think Ali will be playing a new character. I think.

Season two (though I basically liked it) lacked a great deal, IMO, because it's two best "couples," Hiro and Ando, and Peter and Nathan, were apart for too long. I liked Noah's continued development and the introduction of Elle, but Mohinder bored me to tears. He didn't used to, but he was woefully misused IMO. I am excited with spoilers I've read, because the Peter/Nathan Hiro/Ando interaction problem seems to have been solved and then some. I love the stories planned and the ramifications they'll have.

Old September 17 2008, 11:29 AM   #36
Hermiod
Admiral

I try not to criticise season two too much. It was obvious that they were just getting going when the strike cut them down in their prime. Seeing the large scale plans they had for season two beyond "Powerless" I can see what they were trying to do.
Old September 17 2008, 11:37 AM   #37
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I got out my DVD (I just love working graveyards and not being able to sleep on my nights off ) and watched the alternate ending to "Powerless" just now. I agree that the virus spreading would have been a powerful storyline as it played out. I liked Nathan collapsing to start off the epidemic, which would have motivated Peter to do whatever it took.

I definitely like the storyline planned for Peter and Nathan for next season, though. Definitely. Pasdar and Ventimiglia's dynamic will lend itself to the emotional stakes big time.