Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 16 2008, 05:34 PM   #16
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Re: HEROES - Season 1

Smiley wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who loved the finale of the first season? There was enough sacrifice that the victory did not feel cheap, and evil was stopped in an exciting showdown. I was not as happy with what the second season did with the fallout from that episode, but there were some cool future possibilities contained in that finale.
I thought it was a good ending, yeah. I think some folks were disappointed by the fact that NYC didn't, once again, get toasted.

But the idea that it was his brother who essentially gave his life (no spoilers for S2 here!) to save him... that was the big event IMHO. It was an emotional, rather than a violent, climax.
Cary L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2008, 07:52 PM   #17
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Smiley wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who loved the finale of the first season? There was enough sacrifice that the victory did not feel cheap, and evil was stopped in an exciting showdown. I was not as happy with what the second season did with the fallout from that episode, but there were some cool future possibilities contained in that finale.
I initially was disappointed with it until I rewatched the whole season on DVD. While I'm not totally in love with the episode I do like it a whole lot.
Old September 16 2008, 08:06 PM   #18
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
^^^^
Is that a spoiler, or implied spoiler? I haven't seen S2 yet.
Hmm. I saw S2, and I don't think that even happened. I don't recall any implication that Sylar has healing ability, telekinetic or otherwise (tho I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility.) So that's not a spoiler at all.
Am I the only one who loved the finale of the first season?
I liked it!!!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2008, 08:13 PM   #19
Galactus
Rear Admiral

Heroes has turned out to be a big let down for me and my family on par with the let down with Lost. It was great TV but then it turned into something I didn't want to see anymore. I don't think i am going to watch the next season like I stopped watching Lost. I really don't think there will be another TV show that I will watch again. I mean if a show about people with super powers can't get me to watch then I don't know what can.
Old September 16 2008, 08:32 PM   #20
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Heroes has turned out to be a big let down for me and my family on par with the let down with Lost.
How ironic! If Heroes gets half as good as Lost did in S4, I will be very very happy.

Lost is one of the best TV series of all time. A worthy goal for Heroes to aspire to.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2008, 08:54 PM   #21
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

LOST is a great show, despite my ex thinking it getting to bogged down. She was down on it before we broke up and when we did "lost" interest in following it. She says she is done with it. However, she loved s2 of HEROES and thinks people are overly harsh on it.

Ironically its her S2 set I'm going to get tonight

I shall not compare or contrast the two until I've at least watched s2 and started s3 of HEROES.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 12:34 AM   #22
Galactus
Rear Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
How ironic! If Heroes gets half as good as Lost did in S4, I will be very very happy.

Lost is one of the best TV series of all time. A worthy goal for Heroes to aspire to.
I will have to take your word for it. I gave up on it. No one that I know that liked it still watches it. I know it is still popular, but I can work with it. Maybe I will get bored one day and watch the season. The only way lost could have gotten good was that something drastic happened and doubt it did. I guess I just wanted Lost to be a different type of show instead of the one it turned into. I bet if I tuned in it would be like I missed last week's episode.
Old September 17 2008, 12:51 AM   #23
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I gave up on Lost, too. My interest just dried up during season 2.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 04:59 AM   #24
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Oh yeah, Lost is definitely one of the best shows on TV at the moment. Only reason I included "one of" in there is because I haven't seen everything. It's easily my favorite of the current running lot.

Locke: "Hey, was he talking about what I think he was talking about?"
Ben: "If you mean time-traveling bunnies, then yes."
They're certainly making it up as they go, but they're doing such a damned fine job of it (usually) that I really don't care for once.

Especially now that the Oceanic Five will be trying to find their way back to the Island---if Jack can convince the others to go---should be some good times ahead.

Galactus wrote: View Post
I guess I just wanted Lost to be a different type of show instead of the one it turned into.
Well, since so far it's reinvented itself every season, I have to wonder what type of show you think it is currently and what you were hoping for.

While I do miss the "pure survival" aspect of early season 1, the more heavily scifi vibe it's had lately isn't really unwelcome.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 05:41 AM   #25
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Heroes has turned out to be a big let down for me and my family on par with the let down with Lost.

Lost was great in S1, and was surprisingly good in S4 - *BUT* S2 and S3 were pretty bad, IMO.

Until they started using the flash-forward device in S4 the show was just running on empty... we had already found out almost everything interesting about the characters in S1, and the mysteries on the island were going nowhere. But it seems like they finally plotted out the rest of the show when they started writing S4, and it made a big difference.
Hyperspace05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 05:53 AM   #26
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I love the two new promos for season three added at youtube. Whoever scored them did a wonderful job. The second one is very spoilery. Don't look if you don't want to know.

villains

All we want to do is eat your brains

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; September 17 2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old September 17 2008, 06:30 AM   #27
Aragorn
Admiral

^ Both links are the same.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 07:19 AM   #28
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Whoops! Sorry about that. It's fixed now.