Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 9 2008, 07:12 PM   #16
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Batman 3 rumors

JKTim wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
MODS can we just have one standard Batman 3 rumor thread.

Frankly until Nolan gets back and even decides what his next film will be EVERYTHING will be just rumor. Hardly worth noting. Yet in the weeks since TDK was released this is about the 4th or 5th thread with rumors on the next Nolan Batman.

I'm all for people wanting to discuss them. I'd just rather not have a new one every 10-12 days and frankly thats the current track record.
You know, we tried that with the Dark Knight Megathread ... and you know what happened? People bitched and moaned, they said that their own topics were so fundamentally important that they needed to exist outside of the Megathread, and no one paid any attention.

So, no. You rubes have shown that Science Fiction & Fantasy can't have nice things. Enjoy the weekly threads with new tidbits of information that suggest Christopher Nolan may or may not return for another Batman movie (and, of course, "plans are subject to change").
Didn't know people moaned about the MegaThread. After TDK had been out a few weeks I stopped popping in there. Must have missed the crying about it.

Well then obviously put me down in the "Megathread as acceptable" column when its deemed necessary.

Did people moan about all Megathreads or just TDK? Mods merged the Superman Returns Reboot threads and I don't recall any bitching about that.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2008, 07:22 PM   #17
Aragorn
Admiral

Someone at Warner will demand Nolan insert Venom as one of the baddies.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2008, 07:47 PM   #18
Zachary Smith
Vice Admiral

I'm still hoping for Angelina Jolie as Catwoman.

My favorite TV show is "Cool Hand Luke Skywalker--Texas Ranger". The best episode is the one where he fights Samantha's wacky Sith Lord Uncle, Darth Arthur . . ."
Zachary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2008, 07:49 PM   #19
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
Once DVDs are sold, The Dark Knight will have made just short of a bazillion dollars. So, I imagine the pressure is on to use the better known villains and even better known actors for a sequel. But I hope Nolan resists the urge, and he may. This is the guy who relaunched the franchise on the backs of Ra's al Ghul and the Scarecrow.

Surprise me.
Heh - the next film surprising us is one thing I'm not worried about.

I don't think it's about better known actors so much as good actors. Luckily there are many good actors who are well known, and so far the execs who are running the Batman franchise and Nolan have done just fine balancing those two aspects. I mean, it's not like Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a giant box office draw. How many people here saw The Savages? But Johnny Depp is, while still being highly skilled. It would be a good mix, though as many say it's just rumors. What's been interesting about the rumors so far in the history of these movies is that the villains are usually right (we heard about Scarecrow and Ra's pretty early on, and Joker too) and the actors are often wrong, because the rumors are generated either by the actors themselves (or at least their agents) making bids for the parts or just looking to up their media cache, or by fans who'd like to see so-and-so in such-and-such part. The one reason to not dismiss completely the actor business is that the very earliest rumors were fan-generated... and turned out to be right. Not only was Christian Bale cast, but he's been amazing in the part.

See, we're not always just wanking ourselves. Only part of the ti... well, maybe 50% of the... okay, most of them time - but not always.
Old September 9 2008, 08:00 PM   #20
Aragorn
Admiral

I think Catwoman would be ideal for the next movie. Batman's being treated as an outlaw and fugitive, and coming across someone like her who isn't a clear-cut "evil doer" could blur his lines a bit. Then you have an actual menace to Gotham to counter Catwoman.
Old September 9 2008, 08:26 PM   #21
Saul
Rear Admiral

I usually ignore these rumors but I put faith in what Michael Caine says. I think they'll still go for a more unknown villain with the possibility of a popular one next to them.
Old September 9 2008, 11:34 PM   #22
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

Ive said it before...The 3rd film will have the Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman.
DontFeedPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2008, 11:42 PM   #23
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive

Depp denies the rumour of Riddler:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00017996.html
Old September 9 2008, 11:57 PM   #24
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

I'm going to wait until I hear news that Christopher Nolan is officially working on the film before I start listening to rumors, especially at this stage.
Old September 10 2008, 12:02 AM   #25
EnterpriseF
Commander

Hoffman denies the rumor as well:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/09...-good-penguin/
Old September 10 2008, 12:20 AM   #26
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
Once DVDs are sold, The Dark Knight will have made just short of a bazillion dollars. So, I imagine the pressure is on to use the better known villains and even better known actors for a sequel. But I hope Nolan resists the urge, and he may. This is the guy who relaunched the franchise on the backs of Ra's al Ghul and the Scarecrow.

Surprise me.
That man is our last hope..........

Raimi was a false reading

We've all heard the Depp and Hoffman rumors for months now and the news outlets and various online movie sites are just picking it up.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2008, 02:06 AM   #27
Aragorn
Admiral

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
Ive said it before...The 3rd film will have the Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman.
The Bat
The Cat
The Penguin
?
Old September 10 2008, 02:07 AM   #28
nx1701g
Admiral

Canadave wrote: View Post
Doesn't matter what Warner wants, really, does it? I would think it's all up to Nolan.
I think because of the success of TDK WB will essentially write him a blank check.
Old September 10 2008, 03:19 AM   #29
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Skip to the chase and have the Batman battle the Legion of Doom. He's saved Gotham twice, it's boring...save the world. It's the only way Spacey's Luthor will be seen again, and who doesn't want that? Ron Perlman as Gorilla Grodd! Ben Kingsley as Brainiac! Hugo Weaving as Riddler!

He can recruit The Outsiders. Don Cheadle as Black Lightning. What more could anyone ask for?
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2008, 04:40 AM   #30
suarezguy
Commodore

Not a big fan of Penguin (what's good about the character?) or Hoffman (good in CWW, annoying in Ripley and Red Dragon). I like Riddler and think he could be well-developed though. Depp's got a lot of range, could play a seriously obsessed villain, perhaps too famous though.