TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old September 7 2008, 02:46 PM   #16
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: A Wolf 359?

JDW wrote: View Post
I understand what you're saying, what gets me is those people you say would view Picard unfavourably don't understand what he went through.
Was it Picard's fault he got assimilated?

JDW
From their POV, yeah it was. And to a degree, they might be right.
Old September 7 2008, 08:02 PM   #17
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

Timo wrote: View Post
48 were mobilized.
Where does that figure come from?
Hanson says over subspace what sounds to me more like 48 than 40. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not a gimme as far as language goes!

The Enterprise apparently did no recovery operations and there were no life signs when they reached the battle site, so the survivors were likly picked up by whatever ships were left.
And one might think they went on some sort of doomsday mode, deciding not to go to the nearby Earth because that was a lost cause already, nor to answer any hails because the Borg might track them down.
Agreed, but the fact that there were no life signs in the area (That one I did hear right! Lol) indicates that the survivors however many there were had left the scene of battle, also had any survivors been within transporter range, it's likely that Riker would have ordered them to swoop in fast beam them up quickly and move on.
Old September 8 2008, 12:45 AM   #18
SeerSGB
Admiral

Well remember, Hansen (I'm thinking that's the right Admiral) said the Klingons were sending ships. So it's likely that the Klingons got late to the fight and scooped up some survivors, along with whatever surviving starships did as well. Then, as Voyager informed up, we know some captives were taken and shipped back to the Delta Quad. So it's very likely that it's was a combination of the three things that lead to the area being vacant when the 1701-D rolled up on the scene.

Here's a ghastly thought, how many people in those escape-pods committed suicide upon when they saw the battle doing south, thinking they were going to be assimilated.
Old September 8 2008, 08:00 AM   #19
Huntingdon
Fleet Admiral

Probably not many - Picard was the first one they knew of being assimilated and that appeared like a special case. I can't see Starfleet equipping escape pods with suicide pills either. More likely after First Contact events.

I'm not sure Klingons could have scooped up the survivors. They'd have gone straight after the cube to fight it - and would have been destroyed. So if Sisko had been picked up by them, he would be dead. It's unlikely they couldn't catch up with the cube as the Enterprise did so and made no mention of overtaking support ships.

I'm really easy to get along with, once you learn how to worship me.
Huntingdon is offline   Reply With Quote