Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 5 2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Farscape - Starburst DVDs

I understand that these are the superior editions of the show on DVD. Were they ever collected into packages, or should I just go about and pick up the individual volumes? I've seen a number of episodes of the show, and I have the "Peacekeeper Wars" DVD, but I'd like to see the entire thing from the beginning.
Old September 5 2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Re: Farscape - Starburst DVDs

Good luck finding the first season they are oop. Sony bought the rights and has no plans to release it because... well they are Sony.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Neroon
Mod of balance

Yeah. I was hoping I could replace by dual sided discs with single-sided versions, but that's looking less and less likely.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2008, 07:37 PM   #4
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Really? Crappy...
Old September 5 2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about that because I never got the chance to buy the first season (I held off until they released them as single-sided, but then I never got to it). Stupid Sony.

eBay and Amazon Marketplace are your best bet for the first season, but it'll cost you a few pretty pennies.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2008, 11:59 PM   #6
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Emh wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about that because I never got the chance to buy the first season (I held off until they released them as single-sided, but then I never got to it). Stupid Sony.

eBay and Amazon Marketplace are your best bet for the first season, but it'll cost you a few pretty pennies.

Last year, when I decided to watch Farscape for the first time, I bought Starburst Vols. 2 & 3 over eBay, but I couldn't find Vol. 1 anywhere, so I had to buy the DVDs that just had 2 episodes each, so I could watch the first third of season 1. The season set of season 1 was $300.00 if I remember correctly. I think I paid 80 for Vol. 2 and 50 for Vol. 3. I can't remember how much the other Season 1 episodes were.
The Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 12:20 AM   #7
Hennessy Badger
Fleet Captain

Leroy wrote: View Post
Good luck finding the first season they are oop. Sony bought the rights and has no plans to release it because... well they are Sony.
I hope one day sony chooses do to something with the property. Was farscape filmed in HD? Cause that show would look freaking amazing on Blu-ray.

One day I hope to purchase seasons 1 and 2...again. But this time on single sided disks ~ that actually work!
"Gene Roddenberry used to say that Star Trek is a way of saying that the way things are is not the way they have to be. It's about imagining other possibilities, better possibilities." - David Gerrold
Hennessy Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 12:28 AM   #8
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Damnit! Just a year or two ago I was going "should I buy the first few, but I will later", and never did.

Yet another in a long list of things that fucking piss me off about Sony. Sony sucks.
Old September 6 2008, 12:34 AM   #9
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

Leroy wrote: View Post
My wife bought me the entire Farscape series, including Peacekeeper War for our anniversary this year. She had to buy season 1 off of Ebay.
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 12:51 AM   #10
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Hennessy Badger wrote: View Post
I hope one day sony chooses do to something with the property.
Right after Universal releases Earth: Final Conflict S1/S2 outside of R2, I suspect.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 03:28 AM   #11
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I hope someone buys out Sony.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 07:03 AM   #12
Subjective
Captain

Yeah, I just got season 1 at the tail end of the buy-out so I only own season 1 starburst edition.

I should buy the rest soonish.
Subjective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 12:22 PM   #13
roguephoenix
Captain

i think the only starburst you'll find these days are the ones in the candy store with juicy flavors as the dvds seem to be out
roguephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 12:28 PM   #14
Skywalker
Admiral

Man, I knew I should have bought those Starburst Editions when they were first coming out. I was kind of holding out in hopes that the show would be released in proper season sets.

Get with the program, Sony!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2008, 03:36 PM   #15
WHF
Captain

I was waiting for the boxset version to come out. ADV did it with the first release but unfortunately did not repeat this practice with the Starburst DVDs and I missed out. Hopefully now that Sony has the license they will release an even better set.