CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

View Poll Results: What did you think?
1 - V. Poor shouldnt have made this movie. 4 2.34%
2 - Pretty Poor 7 4.09%
3 - Meh.. okay. definitely worth a download.. 38 22.22%
4 - V. Good. 104 60.82%
5 - Best Stargate ever. 18 10.53%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 28 2008, 04:15 PM   #241
Harvey
Admiral

Re: Stargate Continuum - Grading and Discussion

chrinFinity wrote: View Post
Wellll, not exactly. Selmak died from Jacob's old age / disease. Selmak had deliberately stayed in Jacob far past the point of diminishing returns when it comes to restoring the host's body to good health, because he had important work that needed doing which prevented him from investing his efforts finding a new host. Selmak and Jacob both knew that Selmak needed a new host cuz Jacob was dying, but they agreed to ignore this fact in favour of finishing their work... effectively sacrificing Selmak in the process. When it finally came to light, it was too late, as Selmak no longer had enough strength to change hosts.
I must be misremembering the order of things in Reckoning/Threads. I thought for sure that it was Selmak who was dying, but Jacob kept Selmak around long enough for him to finish his work defeating the Replicators/Go'a'uld.

EDIT: Wikipedia, the cardinal source of all knowledge(tm), confirms my memory:

In "Threads", Jacob reveals that Selmak is dying of old age after living for 2,000 years. During the events of "Reckoning", Jacob insists that Selmak hold on so as to complete their calibration of the Dakara superweapon to defeat the Replicators. As a result of this effort, Selmak slips into a coma and can no longer exert the necessary will to save Jacob's life when he dies. Jacob tells Samantha of his intention to die with Selmak, and that he considers his years spent with him as a gift. Jacob passes away shortly after Selmak in the SGC.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old August 28 2008, 05:19 PM   #242
Hermiod
Admiral

kitkat wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post
^A fanboy's love for Carter is a quiet love. It's not noisy love like those fangirls and Flanigan.
Exactly what are you implying?

Oh yeah.....Flanigan.
Yeah, 'tis a quiet love.... not.

Old August 28 2008, 09:56 PM   #243
kitkat
Admiral

^A fanboy's love for Carter is a quiet love. It's not noisy love like those fangirls and Flanigan.
Exactly what are you implying?

Oh yeah.....Flanigan.
Yeah, 'tis a quiet love.... not.

I'm quiet....just....slobbery.

Past, present and future walked into a bar...it was tense.
Old August 28 2008, 10:03 PM   #244
RoJoHen
Awesome

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
Wellll, not exactly. Selmak died from Jacob's old age / disease. Selmak had deliberately stayed in Jacob far past the point of diminishing returns when it comes to restoring the host's body to good health, because he had important work that needed doing which prevented him from investing his efforts finding a new host. Selmak and Jacob both knew that Selmak needed a new host cuz Jacob was dying, but they agreed to ignore this fact in favour of finishing their work... effectively sacrificing Selmak in the process. When it finally came to light, it was too late, as Selmak no longer had enough strength to change hosts.
I must be misremembering the order of things in Reckoning/Threads. I thought for sure that it was Selmak who was dying, but Jacob kept Selmak around long enough for him to finish his work defeating the Replicators/Go'a'uld.

In "Threads", Jacob reveals that Selmak is dying of old age after living for 2,000 years. During the events of "Reckoning", Jacob insists that Selmak hold on so as to complete their calibration of the Dakara superweapon to defeat the Replicators. As a result of this effort, Selmak slips into a coma and can no longer exert the necessary will to save Jacob's life when he dies. Jacob tells Samantha of his intention to die with Selmak, and that he considers his years spent with him as a gift. Jacob passes away shortly after Selmak in the SGC.
Yeah, Selmak was dying. He could have left Jacob weeks earlier and saved Jacob's life, but he stuck around to help with the work. By that time, it was too late for Selmak to leave Jacob, and so they both died.
Old August 29 2008, 07:05 AM   #245
Hermiod
Admiral

I'm quiet....just....slobbery.
Dripping noises are extremely annoying.
Old August 29 2008, 08:35 AM   #246
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post

Yeah, Selmak was dying. He could have left Jacob weeks earlier and saved Jacob's life, but he stuck around to help with the work. By that time, it was too late for Selmak to leave Jacob, and so they both died.
Exactly. The reason Jacob is dead is because the symbiote died inside of him and released the toxins.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old August 29 2008, 09:28 PM   #247
chrinFinity
Commander

oops - my bad, sorry
Old September 5 2008, 06:13 PM   #248
DBR
Vice Admiral

Weak. I am sick of the Goul'd (most especially Baal), tired of time travel (which isn't Stargate's fault) and was just hoping for something more...
Old September 5 2008, 06:20 PM   #249
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

I thought it was OK, but truth be told, I liked Ark of Truth better. Reset Button episodes always have that "so what?" quality to them that just leave me feeling very....unaffected.