Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 27 2008, 02:01 PM   #61
Outpost4
Vice Admiral

Re: If you could erase five bands from ever having existed

Worf412 wrote: View Post
moocey wrote: View Post
1. Bob Marley

2. The Who

3. The Eagles

4. Nirvana

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers
I had an entire post typed out explaining the nuances behind why your list is worse than a six pack of Cave Creek Chili Beer, chased with 40's of warm Olde English 800, but I'll forgo the novella for this singular demonstration of the depths to which your post falls:

The fact that you (a self-proclaimed libertarian) would even jokingly decry the band that sang Won't Get Fooled Again, container of such wonderful lines as: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss", is an irony worthy of Oedipus himself.
Does this mean moocey fails because he wants to sleep with his mother?

Or because he doesn't know how nice it is to jerk off to Pictures of Lily?

And what of my declaring Tony Orlando & Dawn one of the Signs of the Apocalypse? Don't I get a shout out for that?
Old August 27 2008, 04:27 PM   #62
Crash
Vice Admiral

This is easy.

1.) Every band that imitated and watered down Nirvana. Nirvana wasn't great, but they were better than Live, Creed, Nickelback and all those morons.
2.) Any hair metal band. You suck. Period. Stop doing renunion tours and stop having shows on VH1. No self-respecting chick wants to sleep with your wrinkled ass.
3.) Anything that Drive-Thru Records spawned or was subject to imitation. Tight shirts and thick rimmed glasses don't make you deep. Crying like a baby, in fact, makes you a pansy. Want real emo? Listen to Cursive or Hot Water Music after they get done kicking the shit out of you.
4.) Avenged Sevenfold -- You're the best example of the rampant abuse of metalcore. You suck, your politics sucks, and even your mother hates you. You're not an '80s band, and the world would be a better place if someone killed you and your mouthbreathing fans.
5.) Any band on Warped Tour: From the Christian bands who claim it's hard to resist some fat emo chick blowing you on the back of the bus to the lame metalcore acts to the $7 bottles of water. Can you say suburban angst? By the way, this label excludes The Lawrence Arms, who were invited to Warped Tour, accepted, and then, within a few weeks, were kicked off of the tour for bashing the tour while on stage. Hilarious stuff, gentlemen, and kudos for having some balls.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 08:01 PM   #63
Outpost4
Vice Admiral

I love Crash.
Old August 27 2008, 08:03 PM   #64
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Crash wrote: View Post
This is easy.

1.) Every band that imitated and watered down Nirvana. Nirvana wasn't great, but they were better than Live, Creed, Nickelback and all those morons.
2.) Any hair metal band. You suck. Period. Stop doing renunion tours and stop having shows on VH1. No self-respecting chick wants to sleep with your wrinkled ass.
3.) Anything that Drive-Thru Records spawned or was subject to imitation. Tight shirts and thick rimmed glasses don't make you deep. Crying like a baby, in fact, makes you a pansy. Want real emo? Listen to Cursive or Hot Water Music after they get done kicking the shit out of you.
4.) Avenged Sevenfold -- You're the best example of the rampant abuse of metalcore. You suck, your politics sucks, and even your mother hates you. You're not an '80s band, and the world would be a better place if someone killed you and your mouthbreathing fans.
5.) Any band on Warped Tour: From the Christian bands who claim it's hard to resist some fat emo chick blowing you on the back of the bus to the lame metalcore acts to the $7 bottles of water. Can you say suburban angst? By the way, this label excludes The Lawrence Arms, who were invited to Warped Tour, accepted, and then, within a few weeks, were kicked off of the tour for bashing the tour while on stage. Hilarious stuff, gentlemen, and kudos for having some balls.
Oh I LIKE you my friend...
Old August 27 2008, 08:25 PM   #65
Worf412
Angry Pirate

Location: Cleaning up, moving on, going straight and choosing life.

Mises institute.
No... Cato

http://www.cato.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_Institute

We've talked about it over many a round of drinks.
Old August 27 2008, 08:37 PM   #66
Top41

NO DOUBT

I use all 5 of my votes on them. Seriously can't stand that band.
Old August 27 2008, 08:43 PM   #67
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Top41 wrote: View Post
NO DOUBT

I bought a load of new cd's recently and cleared out the shelf. Found one of their cd's which I'm now sorely tempted to use as a target for my pellet guns.

Bullseye if you hit Stefani.
Old August 27 2008, 09:00 PM   #68
Jim Steele
Vice Admiral

Kaiser Chiefs

Coldplay

Arctic Monkeys

Voice of the Mysterons (fucking awful "creationist punk", pretentious bollocks fronted by utter twats)

Um, that's all I got.
Old August 27 2008, 10:36 PM   #69
Top41

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Top41 wrote: View Post
NO DOUBT

I bought a load of new cd's recently and cleared out the shelf. Found one of their cd's which I'm now sorely tempted to use as a target for my pellet guns.

Bullseye if you hit Stefani.
Hahaha, that's awesome--you should!
Old August 27 2008, 11:28 PM   #70
Pingfah
Admiral

This is easy.

I quite like Live
Old August 28 2008, 01:54 AM   #71
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

^ Live really only had one good album ... Throwing Copper.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2008, 02:10 AM   #72
Moocey
Vice Admiral

Worf412 wrote: View Post
Mises institute.
No... Cato

http://www.cato.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_Institute

We've talked about it over many a round of drinks.
Next few posts: Cato! Mises! Cato! Mises! Cato! Mises! Cato! Mises!

Anyways...

Fuck the political message of music. I own a few RATM albums, you want that should make me a communiss?
Moocey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2008, 02:29 AM   #73
I am not Spock
Commodore

This is easy.

Hear, hear!

You're my new best friend.
Old August 28 2008, 02:54 AM   #74
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Fuck the political message of music. I own a few RATM albums, you want that should make me a communiss?
Well, no ... but it does make you a bearer of utterly terrible taste in music.

also lol ron paul
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2008, 03:34 AM   #75
Moocey
Vice Admiral

JKTim wrote: View Post
Well, no ... but it does make you a bearer of utterly terrible taste in music.

also lol ron paul

Yeah, RATM isn't exactly the best band that I like.

also: lol whoeveryousupportforpresident.
Moocey is offline   Reply With Quote