RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,653
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 582
Newest member: Damix

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old August 26 2008, 03:00 AM   #31
MattJC
Fleet Captain

Re: Instead of being cancelled why wasn't ENT moved to SciFi?

I don't see how I personally could benefit from this reboot or the next reboot or a sequel to Abrams' reboot. You and other fans who welcome a reboot might benefit, but I won't. As far as I'm concerned, Trek IS dead for me period.
All I have left are the DVDs and reruns on TV, the conventions and if it ever leaves the west coast, I got the Star Trek Tour as well. That's all I got to say about that for now.

Last edited by MattJC; August 26 2008 at 03:42 AM.
MattJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2008, 07:01 AM   #32
Kalen Archer
Rear Admiral

Let's keep this thread focused on Enterprise please. This isn't the appropriate forum to be discussing the movie.
Kalen Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 01:10 AM   #33
Jeri
Vice Admiral

pookha wrote: View Post
...but moonves possibly for reasons related to soon to happen spilit of viacom wanted the show dead...
Having just rewatched TATV yesterday, I'm reminded how that episode was intended not just to end ENT, but all of Trek.
Old August 27 2008, 03:25 AM   #34
Aike
Commander

several different companies including the inhouse spike and usa put out feelers as well as turner broadcasting.
turner was the most vocal with one vice president ridiculing the decision to kill a show that was long term showing a profit.
Do you have a link to this?
Aike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 12:37 PM   #35
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Kalen Archer wrote: View Post
Let's keep this thread focused on Enterprise please. This isn't the appropriate forum to be discussing the movie.
Well, someone really needs to tell MattJC that. He seems to need to turn every thread toward his one-note "anti JJ" agenda and frankly it is beyond tiresome.
number6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2008, 03:59 AM   #36
galleywest
Hallowed Weenie

number6 wrote: View Post
Kalen Archer wrote: View Post
Well, someone really needs to tell MattJC that. He seems to need to turn every thread toward his one-note "anti JJ" agenda and frankly it is beyond tiresome.
Posts, not poster, please. Yes, MattJC has been informed.
Old August 28 2008, 05:42 AM   #37
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile

Aike wrote: View Post
several different companies including the inhouse spike and usa put out feelers as well as turner broadcasting.
turner was the most vocal with one vice president ridiculing the decision to kill a show that was long term showing a profit.
Do you have a link to this?
i will try and find it .
but here is one of the quotes about spike..

Like UPN and Paramount Television (which produces the show), cable's Spike is part of the Viacom media borg. And while a UPN spokesperson told the Boston Herald that the decision to cancel Enterprise is final, a Spike spokesperson said her channel wouldn't rule out adding new Enterprise episodes to the channel's lineup of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine reruns. ''It would definitely be something we would look at, and we know how devoted the show's fans are,'' Spike's Debra Fazio told the Herald.
Old August 28 2008, 08:01 AM   #38
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

why wasn't ENT moved to SciFi?
It wasn't offered to SciFi, and SciFi couldn't afford it anyway.

If Paramount had any interest in moving ENT to SciFi they would have done it in the 4th season. SciFi would have gladly paid the lower than usual license fee that was charged that season, and ENT would have been part of a more compatible lineup of shows (Stargate or BSG instead of being paired with reruns of the Top Model show).
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2008, 08:17 AM   #39
jealousblues
Lieutenant

Trekwatcher wrote: View Post
While I was very, very sad to see ENT go off the air, I wonder if moving to Scifi would have been a good thing. ENT via Paramount had awesome production values and most Scifi shows have a decidely cheap feel to them. S3 and S4 had, IMHO, great scriptwriting that could have easily been continued on Scifi, but I wonder if the whole thing would have become shoddy looking. Plus, I wonder if all of the cast would agree to go from a prime network slot to a cable only show.

to save money they could have gone to all cardboard and paper mache sets.l..call it an homage to TOS.
Ok, so it would never happen but it would have been AWESOME for an episode or two.
jealousblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2008, 02:12 AM   #40
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Replace Travis with a cardboard cut out...no one would notice for a few episodes.

Other ways to save money:

Have Trip stuck in on a shuttlepod or soundstage "planet" with a guest star every other week. Like they did in season 2.

Have all the guest parts actually played by the series regulars. They did that on DS9 for like a whole season's worth of episodes.

Recap everything noteworthy that happened in the entires series before the opening of each episode. That should shave off 1 or 2 minutes

Changing the opening credits cop-show style, with exciting montages from older episodes that promise a lot but deliver nothing since the reduced budget prohibits much action. (Much like most cop/detective shows were.)
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote