TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old August 14 2008, 07:28 PM   #1126
Wouter2
Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

I don't think much salt is necessary; the BSG wrap video also seemed to point at lots of flashback scenes (Cally, Ellen, Kat, Tigh with 2 eyes). The IMDB info, while we don't know for sure if it correct, only seems to fit with what we have seen in that video.
Old August 14 2008, 07:35 PM   #1127
Harvey
Admiral

I'll remain skeptical. I've been following spoilers for 24 for too many years to believe anything found on IMDB.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old August 14 2008, 09:54 PM   #1128
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
I was right on board with all those spoilers, until I read the words "From IMDB." I'll take that news with a huge grain of salt until I see verification from somewhere else.
Me too, but it fits. IMDB is terrible, they have one woman listed for some show that she wa sonly in eight episodes. She was on the show at least 5 years, each 20 episodes.
Old August 14 2008, 11:09 PM   #1129
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Those photos are all fantastic, wish they where higher res!

Old August 21 2008, 08:27 AM   #1130
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

I'll remain skeptical. I've been following spoilers for 24 for too many years to believe anything found on IMDB.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Kirsten Dunst's guest shot on 24.
Old August 21 2008, 03:53 PM   #1131
Harvey
Admiral

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Kirsten Dunst's guest shot on 24.
What about Leslie Hope's return to the show as Aunt Carol?

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old August 22 2008, 06:02 PM   #1132
batboy853
Lieutenant

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
-There may have been a time jump, as there seems to be an older actress for Hera
i'm sorry but thats not an older actress thats RDM
Old August 22 2008, 07:47 PM   #1133
flux_29
Commodore

Nice.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
Old August 25 2008, 01:22 AM   #1134
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I saw Edward James Olmos in Toronto today, he spoke for about an hour and Aaron Douglas unexpectedly crashed the Q&A about 10 minutes in...It was probably the best hour I've ever seen from a celebrity convention appearance.

Anyway, they both said what I've seen posted a couple of times, that the final episodes of the show are dark and that "it gets bloody, a lot of us don't make it."
Old August 25 2008, 02:05 AM   #1135
B_L_T
Lieutenant

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I saw Edward James Olmos in Toronto today, he spoke for about an hour and Aaron Douglas unexpectedly crashed the Q&A about 10 minutes in...It was probably the best hour I've ever seen from a celebrity convention appearance.

Anyway, they both said what I've seen posted a couple of times, that the final episodes of the show are dark and that "it gets bloody, a lot of us don't make it."
Wow, I am very jealous of you, I wish very much to see Edward James Olmos in person one day
Old August 26 2008, 11:12 PM   #1136
Wouter2
Captain

The August issue of SFX magazine has an interview with Aaron Douglas in which the actor gives away massive, massive spoilers about one of the deepest mysteries of the show (though not the identity of the final Cylon, to be sure - it's more important than that). Unless Aaron is bullshitting us (seems unlikely in an interview published in a fairly well-known magazine), this explains a thing or 2 about the Cylons. I don't have the issue, but someone on another forum kindly provided this description (and a bit of speculation about it):

(be sure you want to read this before you do)

Apparently the situation was that the original Cylons were created on Kobol to serve the humans there, 4,000+ years ago, and evolved a humanoid faction like the later Cylons. There was a war that partially devastated the planet, splintering the people into twelve factions or colonies, plus the Cylons as the thirteenth (it's unclear if this was an intercine human war or another robotic rebellion). The Cylons took off into space on their own, but it seems they were on better terms with the humans of the other colonies and left messages for them. The Cylons went and set up home on another planet: Earth. The other humans later left Kobol and went to settle the Twelve Colonies and all contact was lost. The Cylons of Earth built up a civilisation there, but fell into warfare of their own and devastated the planet some decades ago. At least four survived (he doesn't bring the fifth up at all) and travelled to the Twelve Colonies to find out why humans and their creations have this self-destructive streak to them. They 'switched off' their Cylon sides (with a failsafe that they would 'wake up' if they got close to Earth again) and went to live amongst the humans. Apparently the Final Five are very interested in the Cycle of Time and believed they could better understand it by becoming human.

No explanation is given for how three of them ended up on Galactica and the fourth on Caprica as one of the handful of survivors. No explanation is given for how the modern Cylons have myths and legends about the Final Five (although a logical exrapolation is that the FF were involved in the creation of this generation of Cylons, or perhaps their programming). No explanation is given for the large age gap between Tigh and Tory/Anders/Tyrol either. There is also no confirmation that the Earth in the show is 'our' Earth, a parallel reality Earth or whatever. My guess is that no relationship will be shown between the real world and Earth in the show: it will be left vague, with the possibility that Earth in the show is our world many, many thousands of years into the futuere after humans have left Earth, gone to Kobol etc.

Some comments of my own:

We did see the "real" Earth in Crossroads - with America clearly visible. I suspect this planet will turn out to be "the promised land", "new Earth" and what they call Earth in the show will be what they call Earth, in-show.

The spoilers are consistent with a much earlier one (from Ausiello) that said the name of the 13th tribe was "Cylon". Given that technology like the Hub appears to be a one off, I would not be surprised if this technology was inherited from the 13th tribe, and the humanoid Cylons, at least, are copies (technology-wise) of the Cylons of the 13th tribe.
Old August 27 2008, 03:14 PM   #1137
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

It fits into what we know/heard, but I can't say it makes a lot of sense.
Old August 27 2008, 03:46 PM   #1138
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Doesn't really surprise me I have to say, and it does track to a certain degree.

The only surprise for me is that AD was so happy to disclose the information already.

Interesting though.
Old August 27 2008, 08:50 PM   #1139
Wouter2
Captain

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6557
This is the link to another forum, where Werthead (who posted this originally) also provides the relevant part of the transcript, verbatim.

I guess Moore and co don't mind this too much, it's extra hype for them. It looks like Aaron will have a very important part in the upcoming movie, anyway.
Old September 6 2008, 03:01 AM   #1140
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Here is the transcript itself:

[COLOR=#000000]"The four that were revealed at the end of season three," Douglas tells SFX on set in Vancouver, "are what they are, but they're one-offs. They're the original Cylons. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, when there were 13 colonies on Kobol, 12 went that way and one went that way to find Earth - or create an Earth - and that colony was actually Cylons. They're individuals, there's no multiple models. The seven that we know are a different kind of Cylon that came much later. They're probably ten, 20 years old, born out of the metal machines that fought back 40 years ago in the Cylon Wars of the 12 Colonies. So they're essentially like the gods. And we were on the new Earth, and destroyed that and came back to the 12 Colonies to rejoin humanity to find out the cycle of time. Why do we create a world and destroy ourselves? Why does humanity do that? And why do we as Cylons follow that path to humanity? So we sort of turned off the Cylon part of us and went and joined the humans. They don't know we're Cylons and we didn't know until we started getting closer to Earth - what's when we started hearing the music at the end of last season and get woken up to the fact we are."[/COLOR]
Now, we also know that Three has said only 4 are in the Fleet.

Following the idea that 1 colony (Cylon) went to Earth and the rest went to the 12 Colonies, I wonder if this accounts for what Three said...

4 of the Final Five went to the Colonies.
1 of them found the Cylons.

Ergo, Three says 4 are among the Colonists, and 1 is, presumably, among the Cylons.

So, the division between the 4 and the 5th is a repetition of the pattern within the Cycle of Time itself.

Maybe this holds the key to Cylon Evolution. The Fifth, finding the Toasters, intended to start a "new" race of Cylons in its own image, leading to the Skinjobs, in the same way that the original 13th tribe established Earth and evolved into the "final five" type of Cylons.

Something may have gone awry with its plan. The Cylons, like Number 1, turned on it and set about their own plan - the destruction of humanity itself.

Also, the Four heard the music, because they used it as a signal to reactivate their Cylon consciousness as they neared Earth. Presumbably the reason, then, the Fifth, if we've seen it, didn't hear it is because it is still aware of who and what it is. It never turned itself "off" in that way, so it didn't need the music.

So, the question remains is whether or not the Final Cylon, assuming it found the Toasters, left them. If so, then that would, in fact, account for the discrepany in the numbers 1 - 6, 8. Maybe Number 1 is, in fact, lying about the numbers, that is, the Final Cylon is "Number 1" and the rest follow in line after it. Cavil has simply coopted the number for himself, perhaps. At the same time, Three may think the Final Cylon is among the Cylons, but because it left (maybe in a different body than the one that it was using when it first met them), she simply isn't aware that it's gone.

On this view, the Final Cylon could well be the Virtual that we've seen, or it could be one of the physical characters. I still lean toward Dualla, if it is a physical character, but, if not, then IMO, the next most likely candidate is that it is the Virtual model we've been seeing.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!