Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How do you rate this episode?
Excellent 21 40.38%
Very Good 22 42.31%
Good 4 7.69%
Mediocre 4 7.69%
Terrible 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 23 2008, 10:07 PM   #91
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Eureka - "I Do Over" (spoilers)

propita wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
witchie wrote: View Post
Lost in the Stark stuff was Eva's actions. We know she was surveying that area, but Henry said there was a pocket of radiation. I think. What is she up to? Is she evil or just a capitalist trying to make a buck?
I've been wondering about that as well. I don't think it's about money, rather it's about power. She's trying to unearth a powerful weapon (or research and resources leading to such a weapon).
Well, it obviously ties in with the A-bomb tests footage from 1936(?) and the discovery of underground "chambers."

So, what's down there? Or is it who's down there?
Right, I figured it was connected to the A-bomb tests footage (hence my reference to power and weapons). I'm guessing there's some special kind of special bomb buried deep underground and she's trying to figure how to properly access it without 1) Alerting anyone and 2) Killing herself.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 01:53 AM   #92
bigsmokeco
Cadet

ok ye sorry i was wondering cos stark aid remember my ego is as big as this building and that was the day before he died so i found it strange that stark remembered that when carter and the time guy were the only ones who remembered thing from the days before
bigsmokeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 02:26 AM   #93
Neroon
Mod of balance

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
You're not going to warn for an obvious flame? Because he's on staff, he gets a free pass?
You know the protocol for discussing moderator actions.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 05:19 AM   #94
Velocity
Commodore

In order for the Allison and Carter romance to happen, Stark had to disappear. That was the only way for Allison to believably get close to Carter without appearing to be a fickle woman. On their wedding day or after they are married, I think Stark will return for dramatic effect. I think the character will return, whether the same actor plays him or not.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 06:51 AM   #95
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Nah... Stark could have cheated on Allison, or yelled at Kevin. Plenty of ways to break up the relationship.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 08:13 AM   #96
Pilot Ace
Captain

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Nah... Stark could have cheated on Allison, or yelled at Kevin. Plenty of ways to break up the relationship.
However, a noble death was probably the best way to maintain the character's likability.
Pilot Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 08:48 AM   #97
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!

I've been wondering about that as well. I don't think it's about money, rather it's about power. She's trying to unearth a powerful weapon (or research and resources leading to such a weapon).
Well, it obviously ties in with the A-bomb tests footage from 1936(?) and the discovery of underground "chambers."

Right, I figured it was connected to the A-bomb tests footage (hence my reference to power and weapons). I'm guessing there's some special kind of special bomb buried deep underground and she's trying to figure how to properly access it without 1) Alerting anyone and 2) Killing herself.
I don't believe they ever mentioned what happened to The Artifact after they separated its field from Kevin last season, did they?

It was buried on Earth for hundreds of millions of years, and they never specified precisely where it was found. Maybe they built Eureka where they did specifically because they found The Artifact near there accidentally while doing the A-Bomb tests, and it was in the underground chambers Eva is studying. It would explain the weird radiation signals Henry picked up, and it might have "evolved" somehow after connecting with Kevin and thus may be unrecognizable to Henry and the others, but Eva knows what it is, and is possibly a member of The Consortium and a replacement for Beverly, albeit with more power.

Also, that Dr. Carlson guy once told Stark that "he would someday know what The Artifact had revealed to him" and now Stark has had a very scifi "death" so he might be experiencing that version of enlightenment or "heaven" within The Artifact right now.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 03:21 PM   #98
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Except both of those actions would be completely out of character for Stark. A noble death is not.

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post

I don't believe they ever mentioned what happened to The Artifact after they separated its field from Kevin last season, did they?

It was buried on Earth for hundreds of millions of years, and they never specified precisely where it was found. Maybe they built Eureka where they did specifically because they found The Artifact near there accidentally while doing the A-Bomb tests, and it was in the underground chambers Eva is studying. It would explain the weird radiation signals Henry picked up, and it might have "evolved" somehow after connecting with Kevin and thus may be unrecognizable to Henry and the others, but Eva knows what it is, and is possibly a member of The Consortium and a replacement for Beverly, albeit with more power.

Also, that Dr. Carlson guy once told Stark that "he would someday know what The Artifact had revealed to him" and now Stark has had a very scifi "death" so he might be experiencing that version of enlightenment or "heaven" within The Artifact right now.
Hmmm...interesting points there. You might be onto something there.

Old August 24 2008, 03:52 PM   #99
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Except both of those actions would be completely out of character for Stark. A noble death is not.
A bit of an aside, but did they ever say explicitly if Stark was Kevin's father? As I recall, they always played it a bit ambiguously, and I'm curious about where the kid actually came from.
Old August 24 2008, 04:00 PM   #100
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

David cgc wrote: View Post
A bit of an aside, but did they ever say explicitly if Stark was Kevin's father? As I recall, they always played it a bit ambiguously, and I'm curious about where the kid actually came from.
I've been wondering the same, particularly during this episode. As far as I recall, it has never been stated that Kevin is Stark's son and that's something I would have expected to be mentioned sometime in the first two years, especially in the season two finale. I'm guessing Allison had Kevin prior to meeting and marrying Stark, perhaps even before she moved to Eureka. Do we know how long she's been at Eureka?

Old August 24 2008, 04:32 PM   #101
witchie
Commodore

Kevin's Wiki page states his father died when he was younger.

That is a pretty good theory about Stark and the artifact. That would leave open the possibility that Beverly, the Consortium, and Stark might return. They can't leave the Consortium thread loose. It was too much a part of S1-S2.
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote