Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old August 22 2008, 01:30 PM   #181
Kpnuts
Commodore

Re: Stargate Atlantis CANCELLED

I'm a little upset to be honest, I quite like SGA. Shep, McKay and Ronan are for the most part excellent for the show.

But I'm not surprised. MGM/TPTB completely lost interest in the series and want to try something new, kewl and exciting.

Come on guys, Atlantis was going NOWHERE these last few years. It was stuck in a massive rut, boxed in with the dullest bad guys imaginable, the Asurans/replicators; Wraith who have no personality, ancients that have no personality/mystery any more; and an inbaility to tell any decent storylines whilst using the Stargate.

Universe by the way, will be crap. And the series has now lost all respectability with all these "DVD movies" they're releasing.
Old August 22 2008, 03:50 PM   #182
Jax
Admiral

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
Universe by the way, will be crap.
Then don't watch it....I am really unsure about the idea for Universe but will hold off calling it crap until I see it.

I want Conner Trinner as lead actor.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old August 22 2008, 09:51 PM   #183
gastrof
Rear Admiral

NX_01 Mark wrote: View Post
Universe by the way, will be crap.
Then don't watch it....I am really unsure about the idea for Universe but will hold off calling it crap until I see it.

Eh. Who wants a converted Wraith being any kind of leader?

Old August 22 2008, 09:53 PM   #184
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Come on guys, Atlantis was going NOWHERE these last few years.
Now we have SG:U. I'm sure that will go somewhere, for at least a couple episodes, before settling into the same old derivative rut.

I want him on SG:U in some capacity. He's already been established as Michael, so like it or not, that's gotta be the character he plays. I guess he could somehow revert to human form, but in some "tame" way that allows him to be a good crewmember.

Or maybe a Tok'ra can take over Michael as host and tame him that way. Nice inversion of the usual symbiote thing - in this case, the symbiote is what's making an evil character good. If the symbiote ever dies, they got a wraith onboard.
Old August 22 2008, 10:00 PM   #185
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
^^let me guess, they drained thier power source flying the ship to the planet across the street that just happened to be mostly water, so Skiffy didn't have to pay for a new set of CG stock footage, and had to find a new ZPM that was rumored about a billion years ago on planet X but the locals were working with the wraith/genai/repliwhatevers and was 90% drained so they at the end of the episode were in the exact same boat as when they started, right? would it be so difficult for them to find a ZPM factory or something, i'm sure atlantis had one
Well, the spent a few episodes floating in space first after Atlantis' hyperdrive broke. And they stole the new ZPM from the Asurans. But more or less.
Old August 22 2008, 10:11 PM   #186
Harvey
Admiral

^^
Isn't the new planet a little different? I seem to recall a couple of moons in the sky or something like that that set it apart (but not apart enough to have to redo all the stock shots of the city, of course).

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old August 22 2008, 10:29 PM   #187
Baerbel Haddrell
Commodore

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
I know... Five seasons is more than most shows get and I am grateful for what I have got as a fan. But this sucks because I really enjoy this series.

Hopefully the SGA movie/s will be better than the SG1 ones!
Old August 22 2008, 11:40 PM   #188
Jax
Admiral

I meant Conner Trinner playing a different character but This won't happen because he will be in at least one DVD SG-A movie.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old August 23 2008, 12:00 AM   #189
hxclespaulplayer
Commander

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
^^
Isn't the new planet a little different? I seem to recall a couple of moons in the sky or something like that that set it apart (but not apart enough to have to redo all the stock shots of the city, of course).
5 moons IIRC
Old August 23 2008, 01:21 AM   #190
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

MrPointy wrote: View Post
I'm not terribly bummed out over SGA cancellation. I like the show, but it had very little direction and purpose, so it didn't entirely click with me. I'm still watching it because of Rodney, Shep, Kaylee, the EMH and Trip, and it is generally a fun sci-fi show.
Good point. I mean, I doubt anyone would be particularly bummed about Atlantis ending so long as they could somehow work Dr. McKay onto the new spin-off.
Old August 23 2008, 02:13 AM   #191
Kpnuts
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I want him on SG:U in some capacity. He's already been established as Michael, so like it or not, that's gotta be the character he plays. I guess he could somehow revert to human form, but in some "tame" way that allows him to be a good crewmember.

Never stopped the unimaginative casting crew before. They could easily recast him as someone different and think that no one will care.
Old August 23 2008, 02:39 AM   #192
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Never stopped the unimaginative casting crew before. They could easily recast him as someone different and think that no one will care.
He'll play a southern engineer for the destiny who likes catfish
Old August 23 2008, 05:35 AM   #193
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

Not surprised. Think the franchise needs a bit of a rest.
Old August 23 2008, 05:42 AM   #194
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

rofeta wrote: View Post
Looks like it'll get a six month rest.
Old August 23 2008, 06:53 AM   #195
Harvey
Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
rofeta wrote: View Post
Looks like it'll get a six month rest.
More so, really. Only the pilot is being aired next year, correct? aren't they holding over the first season until a year later or something?

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.