Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old August 21 2008, 11:59 PM   #1
vwqueen1967
Cadet

Quark's Bar Recipes from Las Vegas?

Greetings all,

Would anyone happen to have duplicated any of the Quark's Bar drink recipes?

Husband and I were in Vegas for DEFCON16 and flipped out over the food at the Star Trek Experience-Quark's Bar and Restaurant !

I have found some of the Warp Core Breach drinks online, but not the food recipes.

Since the Experience is being demolished in December of this year, I figured the Foodies need to work fast!

Deanni Troi's Chocolate Obsession Drink...OMG< OMG< OMG!!!!!
vwqueen1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Dale
Vice Admiral

Re: Quark's Bar Recipes from Las Vegas?

The Experience is going to be closed after September 1. The demolition will be COMPLETED by the end of the year. We need to work faster than you think!

My wife says Deanna Troi's Chocolate Obsession tastes a bit like a Mudslide.

We accidentally recreated the original Bolian Sunset cocktail (not the one they serve today, the one that included Goldschlager) but I can't remember what the second ingredient (the blue liquor) was.

I heartily agree that we need to smuggle Quark's food and drink recipies out before the end. I just don't know how to get the job done.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 12:13 AM   #3
Mistral
Vice Admiral

I'll be there on the 30th-lemme see what I can do. I talk restaurant-ese, maybe I can weasel some info out of the employees.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 04:53 AM   #4
Dayton Ward
Word Pusher

View Dayton Ward's Twitter Profile

My writing partner and I actually put together a pitch for a full-blown Quark's Bartender's Guide to the folks at the Experience a few years back. The idea would've been to make it an honest-to-goodness bartender's book as well as Trek collectible, with the actual drink recipes along with other stuff like recipes for NABs (non-alcoholic substitutes), "hosting tips," "Scotty on Scotch," and even "Tales from Quark's Bar." It would've been sold exclusively at the Experience and through the online store.

The initial reaction was favorable from the folks we sent it to, and we even had buy-in from bartenders and other folks working at Quark's. The pitch got kicked up a couple of levels before somebody way up there nixed the idea. They were worried that if folks knew how to make the drinks, they wouldn't want to come to the Experience. You know, like all that home beer-making stuff has driven all the breweries out of business....

Oh, well. It was fun for a while

"tlhingAn HoL, Mother F*cker! Do you speak it?!"
Dayton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 05:01 AM   #5
Dale
Vice Admiral

I say we just bribe Darren or maybe Lydia into giving up the secrets.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3
Old August 22 2008, 05:21 AM   #6
KlingonZ
Commodore

I smuggled a menu from Quarks quite awhile ago. The date is 1997. It is one of the thick large ones. It as everything listed, including the ingredients but not the amounts.

It lists the Warp Core Breach as:
a seven liquor blend of cranberry, pineapple, ruby red grapefruit, guava, orange juice, sour mix and grenadine!
Old August 22 2008, 05:24 AM   #7
Dayton Ward
Word Pusher

View Dayton Ward's Twitter Profile

^ Yeah, I've got the original menus, too. They sold copies for a while early on, mostly (I heard) because fans were stealing them off the tables

"tlhingAn HoL, Mother F*cker! Do you speak it?!"
Dayton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 05:48 AM   #8
Dale
Vice Admiral

phrog wrote: View Post
Had this saved, still need to try it.

Las vegas hilton makes them this way http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink75.html

posted by buba @ 07:03PM, 5/25/06
First we use a 120 ounce Warp Core Bowl. You might be able to find something close a places like Pier 1 Imports or Home to Home. If you want the bubble effect you'll need some dry ice. Place a small amount of water 1 ounce on the bottom of the bowl and then pack it with ice. This will fuse the dry ice to the bottom of the bowl so it does not float to the top.

The recipe is as follows;
2 ounces Bacardi 151 Rum,
1 1/2 ounces each of Bacardi Limon, Bacardi Spice, Bacardi Select and Bacardi Light,
2 ounces of Razzmatazz or a quality Raspberry Liqueur,
Top that off with 30 ounces of a high quality berry juice. Suggestions are Snapple Aceola Berry, Sobe Power or other energy or natural beverages similar. Stay away from anything such as cranberry, it's too bitter.

And as far as I know, a James "Tea" Kirk is an Electric Iced Tea... also known as an "Adios Motherf***er", "Code Blue", "Alaska Iced Tea", etc. which is a Long Island Iced Tea with Sprite instead of Coca-Cola and utilizes blue curacao instead of triple sec.
This is the single most valuable piece of information ever posted on TrekBBS.

Thank you.
Old August 23 2008, 12:46 AM   #9
iatro
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to iatro

I've worked in restaurants before, and i like to experiment with cooking - i'll see what i can do. i know how to make the Saucer Sections and sauce, but quesadillas are super-easy!

SAXON/VOLDEMORT 2008 - why vote for a lesser evil?
iatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 04:53 PM   #10
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

When i was there the other week i did ask one of the bartenders for the warp core breach recipe and he did tell me he was planning to post the recipes on the internet after the place has closed.
Not long to wait now!
nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 02:30 AM   #11
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Dayton Ward wrote: View Post
The idea would've been to make it an honest-to-goodness bartender's book as well as Trek collectible, with the actual drink recipes along with other stuff like recipes for NABs (non-alcoholic substitutes)
If somebody could get that part working, that would be GREAT for me--and I know I can't be the only one out there who doesn't drink.

Heck, the whole book is a great idea...if you got as much into it as you're discussing, I think I'd buy it.

Oh...since I unfortunately never got to go before the place closed, I was wondering if there's a list of what all was sold there. Did they have "Romulan ale"? "Saurian brandy"? "Kanar"? If so, I'd love to know what was in it.
Old August 24 2008, 03:14 AM   #12
Dale
Vice Admiral

You can download Quark's menu from the Star Trek The Experience website, but hurry... who knows how long the site'll stay up after the place closes!
Old August 24 2008, 05:09 AM   #13
iatro
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to iatro

phrog wrote: View Post
iatro wrote: View Post
I've worked in restaurants before, and i like to experiment with cooking - i'll see what i can do. i know how to make the Saucer Sections and sauce, but quesadillas are super-easy!
What's the sauce?
i don't know the exact proportions, i tend to never measure and just make to taste - but basically, just mix some fresh cilantro, chopped into little bits, and pure lime juice with sour cream. :]

SAXON/VOLDEMORT 2008 - why vote for a lesser evil?
iatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 05:20 AM   #14
Akiraprise

nacelle wrote: View Post
When i was there the other week i did ask one of the bartenders for the warp core breach recipe and he did tell me he was planning to post the recipes on the internet after the place has closed.
Not long to wait now!
This would be awesome, since I will never have the chance to make it to the Experience now.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2008, 06:20 PM   #15
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

The warp core breach recipe is up on the Las Vegas advisor's QoD!
http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/qod.cfm
nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote