New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old August 19 2008, 10:01 AM   #16
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: you're in charge of Stargate: what do you do?

^Why would Earth want Goa'uld ships with or without Hebridan technology ? They have access to Asgard and Ancient technology which is considerably more advanced.
Old August 19 2008, 10:08 AM   #17
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

^^yeah but it takes time to manufacture ships, even when the secret's out, and there are a ton of abandoned goauld ships floating around that match well against the furling ships, the show will be a bit space:above and beyond as it will cover a war with a mysterious enemy
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old August 19 2008, 10:27 AM   #18
Hermiod
Admiral

^I'm just not sure why we'd go around begging for inferior technology when we can build ships that are a match for the Replicators, the Ori, the Wraith etc.
Old August 19 2008, 02:47 PM   #19
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
You're given full, dictatorial powers over Stargate. You still have to turn in a profit, but other than that, it's your baby. What do you do?
I bash the writer constantly, however I can't write either so first thing is first I would see who I could put in command of the show Atlantis. I would have someone famous, if I can get them of course, who has a basic idea of how to fix and end the show within two years and then set up for the movies.

I then would hire a team of three people to put together a completely new idea for a new show. I pick three people in case some quit.

And I would have a miniseries or a trilogy of movies dealing with the Stargate becoming public, it's long overdo.
Old August 19 2008, 11:16 PM   #20
Nedersong
Captain

Have them find a factory place that makes ZPMs and fight for control over it.

Possibly a new race that protects it.
Old August 20 2008, 01:17 AM   #21
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Barbados Slim wrote: View Post
I'd have Keller hooking up with people on the base because she likes to have fun. A party girl who can be a competent doctor is an interesting place to take a character.
Well, outside of the fact that it would continue her notorious reputation of being a mattress, wouldn't that be completely opposite of what's already been established about her character? Maybe she and Hoshi were roommates.
Old August 20 2008, 02:39 AM   #22
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^I'm just not sure why we'd go around begging for inferior technology when we can build ships that are a match for the Replicators, the Ori, the Wraith etc.
once again, the war needs resources, and ship manufactureing is slow and there will be need for numerous ships quickly, and the goauld ships are capable of holding thier own (barely) against the mystery/furling ships
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old August 20 2008, 11:29 PM   #23
Barbados Slim
Rear Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Barbados Slim wrote: View Post
I'd have Keller hooking up with people on the base because she likes to have fun. A party girl who can be a competent doctor is an interesting place to take a character.
Well, outside of the fact that it would continue her notorious reputation of being a mattress, wouldn't that be completely opposite of what's already been established about her character? Maybe she and Hoshi were roommates.
Exactly. What's been established for Keller so far is completely uninteresting to watch unfold. She's so flavorless. I'd give her sex as a vice. Like Starbuck without the alcoholism and dysfunction. She's the only sci-fi example of a female Kirk I can think of (Jadzia Dax's Kirking happened offscreen) and I find the 'Gates writing of women characters to be so off and pedestrian. As the new showrunner, I'd make sure Keller is written as an adult.
Old August 21 2008, 07:07 AM   #24
Hermiod
Admiral

If I was running the show I'd firebomb Sci-Fi's HQ.

No, I am not taking this well. What gave me away ?
Old August 21 2008, 02:45 PM   #25
Skywalker
Admiral

Use the money to bring Farscape back instead.
Old August 21 2008, 08:04 PM   #26
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Use the money to bring Farscape back instead.
Bing bing bing, we have a winner.

Toss Joe Flanigan, Connor Trinneer and Robert Picardo in as recurring characters.
Old August 22 2008, 03:22 AM   #27
Cartoonist
Captain

Jayson wrote: View Post
Heck maybe you could do even do the story about the Stargate program being revealed to the public in this future setting thus allowing to to stay secret i nthe present.
I'd have it be revealed to the public in the present. I'm tired of all the threats to Earth going undetected or being explained away. Every time a fleet of Gou'auld ships surrounded Earth, fifty thousand amateur star-gazers should've gotten video. Makes no sense to me that it's still secret after all these years.