Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How do you rate this episode?
Excellent 21 40.38%
Very Good 22 42.31%
Good 4 7.69%
Mediocre 4 7.69%
Terrible 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 20 2008, 06:12 AM   #16
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Eureka - "I Do Over" (spoilers)

You know what I've really liked about the last couple of episodes?

No Zane.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 06:50 AM   #17
Nedersong
Captain

Well, I for think he will eventually come back from time to time. After all, this is a science fiction show and in science fiction death is very rarely permanent. Unless you're uncle Ben or Bruce Wayne's parents.

The only other way to have a permanent death for a main character is when the actor leaves the show for whatever reason.

I still like SG1s time loop episode though. There were some great images in that one. Especially them playing golf and General Hammond screaming at them for doing it.

But while it can be a pain to be stuck in a time loop for ages, there are some great advantages. You don't age and you get to learns lots of new skills.

But if you ever actually leave the time loop and you have fifty years of experience playing the guitar all of a sudden when just yesterday you had none can be disconcerting to those who were outside the time loop.

And if you learn the lottery numbers woo-hoo....
Nedersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 07:46 AM   #18
WalkinMan
Commodore

Wow, what an episode, and a surprising ending. I found myself disliking the Stark character quite a bit, well-acted as he was, and was in the end hoping that Fargo was not sacrificed (thinking that Stark had 'character shielding')...that is a stunning development.

But considering how they had Stark the head, then Allison, then co-heads this year...

Non Sync wrote: View Post
The promo for next week's show right at the very end was a bit jarring considering the moment.
Yeah, I would think they would spend more time on the aftermath of what happened...or maybe it's just Scifi's promo decision.

Nedersong wrote: View Post
Anybody else getting frustrated with skiffy's overuse of the advertisement "It's the END for somebody and EVERYTHING changes!" It's been used in Doctor Who and Stargate and now this. Come on, get some new material.

And it's also misleading, because "the end" is not neccesarily a death either.
I agree that the 'everything changes' thing is overused, but for Eureka promos it was a departure from the comic typical versions, and this time it lived up to the billing, methinks...

Skywalker wrote: View Post

No Zane.
Agreed, not anything against the actor, but his character works best in a minor supporting role IMO. Plus we have Fargo!

Nedersong wrote: View Post
Well, I for think he will eventually come back from time to time. After all, this is a science fiction show and in science fiction death is very rarely permanent. Unless you're uncle Ben or Bruce Wayne's parents.

The only other way to have a permanent death for a main character is when the actor leaves the show for whatever reason.
Those are often the case, but I think that sci-fi's reliance on that 'killed off then resurrected' line cheapens it, with some recent shows making it 'not a big deal' because 'no one really dies in scifi.' By contrast, say Desperate Housewives kills off characters and they do not magically return, of course that's not scifi...

That said, this interview with Ed Quinn before S3 began airing does not hint a bit about him leaving the show. He talks about filming the longer season (more episodes) and how it affects their schedule, so maybe he's coming back...

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/th...808061247.html

Last edited by WalkinMan; August 20 2008 at 07:51 AM.
WalkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 07:56 AM   #19
zenophite
Rear Admiral

Well I haven't seen it yet but if it is Stark that dies then they pretty much gave it away in the promo. that's just dumb.
Old August 20 2008, 08:18 AM   #20
Mistral
Vice Admiral

I found this one of the meatier stories-and I guess using FF to go through commersials pays off-I never saw it coming. Hell of an ending IMO!

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 10:03 AM   #21
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Yeah, the Degree product placements are annoying, but they're not too obvious (except for the shirt a couple of weeks ago). The actual commercials are hideous. Thank God for TiVo.
True. but the shameless self-promotion of Skiffy is kinda fun...BSG a few weeks ago and tonight Doctor Who. "I love that show!"

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 10:14 AM   #22
Nedersong
Captain

Actually I just realised something else about this episode that gives it more points...

No reset button. People actually died Usully it's a reset button.
Nedersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 01:21 PM   #23
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Well, I hope Stark comes back soon, because the back and forth competitive banter between him and Carter is a big part of the show's charm.

Though I guess they kind of painted themselves into a corner with Stark and Allison getting back together if they wanted to develop the relationship between Carter and Allison again eventually.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 02:45 PM   #24
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Another very good episode... Nice to see Fargo step up, and Stark say "I knew I had it in you." Showing there is something there under his annoyance.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what this degree product placement is? I guess I just don't know what Degree is, so I haven't spotted it.
Old August 20 2008, 03:07 PM   #25
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

It's body deodorant. In this case, it's the stuff Jack picks up from his shelf every morning.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 03:12 PM   #26
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

It's body deodorant. In this case, it's the stuff Jack picks up from his shelf every morning.
Guess that explains it. Since I've never heard of the brand it may as well have been generic for all I knew.
Old August 20 2008, 03:16 PM   #27
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Guess that explains it. Since I've never heard of the brand it may as well have been generic for all I knew.
I guess you don't get the "Made in Eureka!" Degree commercials in the UK.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 03:24 PM   #28
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
I guess you don't get the "Made in Eureka!" Degree commercials in the UK.
As far as I know Degree isn't sold here. Although I do seem to remember Made in Eureka spots on Sci-Fi channel, unless they were on the DVDs?
Old August 20 2008, 03:26 PM   #29
witchie
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post

No Zane.
Me too!

They can leave him as the Degree guy. That'll make me happy because I usually switch channels during the commercials.
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2008, 04:15 PM   #30
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Yeah, the Degree product placements are annoying, but they're not too obvious (except for the shirt a couple of weeks ago). The actual commercials are hideous. Thank God for TiVo.
Yeah I suppose they could of had that 2-3 second close up of Carter grabbing the Degree every single time the day restarted instead of just the first few times.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote