Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old July 23 2008, 03:44 PM   #316
cbp44189
Commander

Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

That's the whole point, I have a Land Rover, and I CANNOT pass a gas station. I use the gas gauge as a speedometer.
cbp44189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2008, 07:59 AM   #317
tauzo
Lieutenant

Hello everybody!

I just finished the last disc of Enterprise, and I'm so bummed there's no more Why oh why?? Browsing around, it looks like there's a lot of disagreement, but I really enjoyed what Enterprise adds to the ST canon. More so than with the other series, even when I didn't always like an episode, I at least appreciated where they were trying to go. [Well, except for what they did with Trip ... I'm gonna pretend that was just a holodeck program glitch.]

I've been watching trek ever since I can remember (I watched TAS in its original run!). I've considered myself mostly a TNG & VOY fan, but I've got gaps in my DS9 and now that I've watched all of ENT, I think I'm gonna have to pull a switzerland and just not play faves.

See you 'round the threads
tauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2008, 08:54 AM   #318
star
Vice Admiral

Welcome tauzo! I too am a fairly "neutral" fan myself... though I did more follow TNG and VOY as well. ENT has my heart, though. I got more emotionally involved in this series than any of the others (and that's saying a lot, cuz I love trek!).

Enjoy your stay!
Old August 17 2008, 06:39 AM   #319
T'Lin
Ensign

Hello everyone! I'm technically not new here just a returning member. I think some of you know me already. So.....I'm back!
T'Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2008, 07:39 AM   #320
star
Vice Admiral

T'Lin wrote: View Post
Hello everyone! I'm technically not new here just a returning member. I think some of you know me already. So.....I'm back!

Your starship was too close to the black whole of the ENT forum to completely break free of orbit as well?

I keep trying to leave and I keep coming back. I've decided to not bother trying to leave anymore. It's easier that way.

Old August 19 2008, 12:03 AM   #321
borgboy
Captain

I'm a long time ST fan. Around early seaon three I was living in a rural area where I couldn't get UPN. I recently got the dvds for all 4 seasons ( and the ENT relaunch novels ) and am watching the end of ENT S2 now and really looking forward to seeing all the episodes I've never seen before.
My favorite character is T'Pol, she is the outsider on the ship who sees things differently, and her emotional journey of growing so much as a person makes her fascinating. Jolene Blaylock is such a great actress she really steals all the scenes she's in , for me anyways.
Phlox I find annoying and wish the ship had a different doctor, preferably another woman since the show has so many more male main charactrers than female. Other ST alien races work as a comment on humans, with Vulcans representing logic, Bajorans represent spirituality, Klingons represent agression, etc, but Phlox's race lacks that quality to make them stand out, I can't even remember what their race is called. His race had the potential to represent free sexuality given their nonmoganamous relationships, but despite Phlox discussing his family he comes off as asexual imo.
Trip is the cutest guy on the show, although Archer and Reed are also pretty yummy, just to end my intro on a totally frivilous note. ( Nothing against Mayweather, he has a great body, but I find his personality to be too dull to take much intrest in him. Maybe he's just too young for me.)
Old August 19 2008, 02:02 AM   #322
Bak_and_Blue
Captain

Welcome Borgboy. Love a fellow ENT fan and you have interesting opinions. Look forward to hearing more.
Old August 19 2008, 03:11 AM   #323
borgboy
Captain

Having watched thru the end of ENT S2, they do say that Denubian ( sp?) males are more inhibited than the females, which explains why Phlox's wife was like an alley cat in heat when she visited while Phlox barely shows signs of having a libido, ignoring advances of a cutie like Cutler who was WAY too good for him, and rejecting T'Pol during her false Pon Farr ( which ethicly was the right thing to do since her judgement was impaired, but still he didn't even seem tempted the way Reed was. You knew Reed wouldn't go there - well probably not anyways, but you could still tell he wanted to, while Phlox didn't seem remotely interested.) , and seeming to not really connect with his visiting wife while she was trying to seduce Trip ( not that I blame her. Okay enough, I 've talked about Phlox's lack of sexuality WAY too much tonight lol.
Bak and Blue - great WET Archer!
Old August 19 2008, 05:13 AM   #324
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive

If Reed didn't have the whole "chain of command" protocol hangup, he'd totally jump on it.

As far as other races reflecting on humanity, I think the Denobulans represent the ability to see good in all things. They are also the aspect of responsibility in science that humanity seems to always lack (re:AUGMENTS!)

Welcome to the board!
Old August 19 2008, 07:19 AM   #325
star
Vice Admiral

Pensive wrote: View Post
If Reed didn't have the whole "chain of command" protocol hangup, he'd totally jump on it.
Ha! Who wouldn't?? I'm a straight girl and I might have even been convinced to try.

Anyway, welcome, borgboy! I look forward to seeing what you think of the latter two seasons.
Old September 5 2008, 12:03 AM   #326
John O.
Rear Admiral

Hi, I'm not really new, but I've been gone from the forum for a LONG time, but I might be back around some more
Trip n' T'Pol are Alive and Well at Triaxian Silk
John O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2008, 12:34 AM   #327
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Still lovin' ENT...three-plus years after her untimely death and a finale that would give cancer cancer. Can't wait for Sci-Fi to plug the show back into the new weekday slot its been given.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2008, 07:26 PM   #328
judge alba
senior street judge

I'm new to this from having only just started to 'rediscover' enterprise.
i'm in me late 30's love most of the trek series' though not too keen on voyager.
i remeber when enterprise was first on t.v watched half of the first season and got bored only started whatching it again when a friend of mine swapped my two voyager dvs sets for seasons one and four of enterprise.
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2008, 08:58 PM   #329
Penguin
Commander

Hi, I am Penguin, Trek fan from the first season of TOS,

Now am an avid Enterprise fan.

Hope I can add to yoour Board.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2008, 08:03 PM   #330
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive

Welcome both !!