Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old August 16 2008, 12:51 PM   #1
myselfeneye
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to myselfeneye Send a message via Yahoo to myselfeneye
Crossovers

I really want Star Trek to cross over with something. It's such a huge franchise, and huge franchises cross over with each other after they've been at it for a while, right? Marvel and DC comics do it all the time, Jason fought Freddy, the Alien fought the Predator, I mean, it's about time something went down, isn't it? The only crossover I'm aware of that Star Trek has ever done was with the X-Men, and I'm also aware that they did that three times. However, I could do with more. I know it takes a lot to get the right people and get companies to play ball and whatnot, but I believe it should happen. Crossovers are FUN. Anybody agree with me?
myselfeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Crossovers

myselfeneye wrote: View Post
Crossovers are FUN. Anybody agree with me?
Sometimes they don't end up serving either license well, though.

But what about the novel "Ishmael", which crosses over with TV's "Here Come the Brides" (which starred Mark Lenard as Aaron Stemple)? Spock is lost in time, and Aaron Stemple is able to pass him off as his nephew.

Peter David worked with Bill (Will Robinson) Mumy on DC Comics' "Return of the Worthy", which resembled a crossover with "Lost in Space", although using an alien family and their robot.

How about "Dr. Whom Meets Star Wreck"? There have been any number of parody crossovers (unlicensed) in comic form:
http://homepage.mac.com/mmtz/stcomix/parodies.html

There was also an unlicensed book, "The Doctor and the Enterprise", a compilation of magazine instalments for which not even the author, Jean Airey, was paid.

Last edited by Therin of Andor; August 16 2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: relative correction
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 01:20 PM   #3
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
"The Doctor and the Enterprise"
http://www.marketaz.co.uk/StarTrek/Stories/JA/ind.html

She-Hulk meets Shatner, Picard and Wheaton making a ST crossover movie!
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/20...-cleaning.html

Spider-man:
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/20...053792730.html

Last edited by Therin of Andor; August 16 2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Found some more links
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 03:17 PM   #4
msbae
Commodore

I'd like to see a crossover between Star Trek and Doctor Who and on the big screen too. Seeing the Enterprise fighting a Dalek battle fleet would be a geek delight for the ages.

It might even top seeing the 'Death Star trench' scene from A New Hope in a theater.
msbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 03:25 PM   #5
Cicero
Admiral

msbae wrote: View Post
I'd like to see a crossover between Star Trek and Doctor Who and on the big screen too. Seeing the Enterprise fighting a Dalek battle fleet would be a geek delight for the ages.

It might even top seeing the 'Death Star trench' scene from A New Hope in a theater.
I'm afraid I don't know enough about Doctor Who to know what that means. Were the Daleks one of those two societies at nuclear war in the 80s(?)?
Old August 16 2008, 03:41 PM   #6
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

John Ordover has said on occasion that a Star Wars crossover was considered in the mid-90s. Pocket and Bantam would each have done a book, telling the story from different perspectives. But it would have been an unofficial, character-obscured crossover, like the Marvel/DC Invaders/Freedom Fighters crossover in 1977.

DC Comics proposed to Paramount a Star Trek/Superman crossover in the early 90s.

There were rumors of other Trek/Marvel crossovers in the wake of Star Trek/X-Men. I remember hearing about a Voyager/Dark Phoenix story, but at the span of ten years I don't remember any more than that.
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 04:11 PM   #7
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Star Trek vs Predator.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 05:08 PM   #8
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

I read not long ago that Seth MacFarlane would like to do a Family Guy/Star Trek II crossover, along the same lines of last season's Star Wars parody.
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 06:01 PM   #9
CheapTrick
Lieutenant

I had a cool idea for a Star Trek/Aliens crossover, featuring an all new crew....that way you're never sure who's gonna make it out alive.
Old August 16 2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Christopher
Writer

William Leisner wrote: View Post
I read not long ago that Seth MacFarlane would like to do a Family Guy/Star Trek II crossover, along the same lines of last season's Star Wars parody.
Isn't that more a parody than a crossover? And I thought they were actually doing an FG episode with the entire TNG cast guest-starring.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 06:18 PM   #11
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

Christopher wrote: View Post
William Leisner wrote: View Post
Isn't that more a parody than a crossover?
If you're going to split hairs, I'm pissing off.

And I thought they were actually doing an FG episode with the entire TNG cast guest-starring.
Yep, although that's with the TNG actors playing themselves. (Although I fully expect Patrick Stewart's character from American Dad to put in a cameo appearance opposite PS himself. )
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 06:39 PM   #12
Lonemagpie
Writer

I'd kill to see Star Trek Vs Aliens...

John Peel and I briefly discussed doing a two-book Trek/Dr Who crossover (i.e. a Dr Who novel with a Trek element, and a Trek novel with a DW element) some years back, but we never took it anywhere, so nothing ever came of it.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 07:01 PM   #13
JD
Admiral

For along time I'd wanted to see a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover, but I've lost interest in that as time has gone on. Instead I would love to see a Stargate/Star Trek crossover, I think the two could actually work really well together. And for some reason I was thinking that Star Trek/Farscape could be cool. I honestly don't know where that came form, it just sorta popped into my head. Star Trek/Dr. Who would also work.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 07:12 PM   #14
foravalon
Fleet Captain

You guys should check out the eastern European fanfilm "Start Wreck: In the Pirkinning"
It's kinda the most epic crossover fan film i've seen. Plus for something with oddly translated english subtitles, pretty freaking funny. pretty much the highest quality special effects for something like this I've ever seen too.

It's a B5/Star Trek crossover. There's two versions, the latest has replaced all the ships with original designs since they probably got in trouble, but if you check out the previous version it's got all the actual ships from Trek and B5, Epic.

http://www.starwreck.com
foravalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 07:31 PM   #15
Trent Roman
Rear Admiral

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
I'd kill to see Star Trek Vs Aliens...
There was that holosuite scene in Mission: Gamma (I think it was Cathedral, but I don't recall precisely) where Taran'atar is fighting some rather familiar xenomorphs...

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman