TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old August 7 2008, 06:27 AM   #151
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: An Idea For A Game/Project

I leave it up to my future additions and those of my fellow writers to elaborate on.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2008, 06:46 PM   #152
Starscape
Fleet Captain

My panels are up. I was trying for a single page, but it didn't all fit, so it kind of expanded a little.

Looks like it'll be a while until it's my go again, so I thought I'd make the most of the opportunity - keep the momentum going and get all the characters on the same page.

That's the way it crumbles... cookie-wise.
Starscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2008, 07:00 PM   #153
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Nice work there, starscape. I love the way Chekov says "keptin". Didn't they stop doing that in the comics at one point?

*gulp*

Well, looks like I'm up to bat.
Old August 9 2008, 11:05 PM   #154
M
Vice Admiral

I agree, that's a very nice panel, Starscape! I just knew you would deliver! Another distinctive style added to the project.

I love the inclusion of Giotto and the way in which you are furthering the story. I think you also have a knack for caricaturing the likenesses of the Trek characters. (I think I like your Chekov the most.)

Now I'm looking forward to Jon's stick-figures.

Also, a sincere thank you to everyone who's participating. I really love how this project is going. All of your contributions have exceeded my expectations. And all of this wouldn't be possible without you. So, again, thank you.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2008, 07:05 PM   #155
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Now I'm looking forward to Jon's stick-figures.
*shakes fist*

Its coming together. A couple of panels don't look too bad, but I decided to try and colour them in photoshop, which may take me forever.

Prob should have something by next weekend.
Old August 10 2008, 07:35 PM   #156
Starscape
Fleet Captain

Thanks NCC-1701, jon1701. It was a bit of a struggle to get likenesses for the characters, I tried getting inspiration from 'official' Star Trek comics, but it it was fairly hit-and-miss.

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with my Chekov. And Giotto, well for security you just have to have Giotto, I know he only appeared in one ep but I tend to think of him as the permanent chief of security on the Enterprise.

Looking forward to your section jon1701, hope the cliffhanger didn't cause you too much trouble.

And thanks, for starting this NCC-1701, it's a been a lot of fun so far, despite the shock when you realise it's your own turn.

That's the way it crumbles... cookie-wise.
Starscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2008, 09:56 AM   #157
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Hi

Just to let you know, I'll have mine done by Sunday.

Sorry for the delay - I've just not had the time (and I'm a bit slow), but I'll def complete it this weekend. I'm not sure who's up next but sorry for the delay.

Old August 15 2008, 12:37 PM   #158
M
Vice Admiral

^ I'm looking forward to it.

As for who's next ...

[01.] NCC-1701
[02.] ThomastheCat
[03.] Ptrope
[04.] PlanetMudd
[05.] Vektor
[06.] Redfern
[07.] Masao
[08.] Venardhi
[09.] Starscape
[10.] jon1701
[11.] Klondike307
[12.] Ihlecreations
[13.] Gryndl

So who wants to start the next round?
Old August 15 2008, 02:41 PM   #159
ThomastheCat
Captain

View ThomastheCat's Twitter Profile

I've really been looking forward to get back into it! Sign me up please.
Old August 15 2008, 03:14 PM   #160
Masao
Fleet Captain

Perhaps the new guys should be put at the top of the list or the front of the line, so that they don't have to wait until everyone else gets two whacks before they get their first.
Old August 15 2008, 04:38 PM   #161
Vektor
Rear Admiral

I assume the intent is for everyone on the current list to get their turn before the next round begins. I had also assumed that each "round" would simply start over with the same list of participants in the same order, but I suppose we could also have everyone "re-up" each time around in whatever order they fall.
Old August 15 2008, 08:51 PM   #162
ThomastheCat
Captain

View ThomastheCat's Twitter Profile

Vektor wrote: View Post
I assume the intent is for everyone on the current list to get their turn before the next round begins.
That's what I had been thinking as well.

I had also assumed that each "round" would simply start over with the same list of participants in the same order, but I suppose we could also have everyone "re-up" each time around in whatever order they fall.
I had been running under that assumption, but I think it was decided a couple pages back to just have everyone volunteer for a different order for the next round.

I'm cool with whatever the group decides, I just thought I'd volunteer since NCC-1701 asked.
Old August 15 2008, 11:11 PM   #163
PlanetMudd
Lieutenant

How do we determine when a 'round' is over? What about the folks who keep getting added to the list? Are they first round or second? What if someone doesn't wish to participate in the next round? Is there a deadline to get in on the next round? Sign me up.

Not trying to overly complicate things here, just tossing out a few immediate questions I'd thought of ...

Art of a Deviant: My gallery of D&D, Trek, whatever ...
PlanetMudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 03:11 AM   #164
M
Vice Admiral

Maybe I should not have called it 'round'. It's just that I felt there wasn't really someone who joined the project in some time while the list slowly but surely is reaching its end. So I thought about a continuation and how maybe not everyone who has already submitted a panel would want to participate again. I believe it was just the logical and most polite thing to let people sign up for it again (as opposed to just take it for granted they would want to post a panel again).

Please believe me, I'm very happy to see that some of you are still interested in participating at all.

Also: Of course everyone is still invited to take part! Indeed there's nothing that would make me happier, as I'm sure new folks would only enrich the whole thing!

However, here's the updated list:

[01.] NCC-1701
[02.] ThomastheCat
[03.] Ptrope
[04.] PlanetMudd
[05.] Vektor
[06.] Redfern
[07.] Masao
[08.] Venardhi
[09.] Starscape
[10.] jon1701
[11.] Klondike307
[12.] Ihlecreations
[13.] Gryndl
[14.] ThomastheCat
(2nd panel)
[15.] PlanetMudd
(2nd panel)
[16.] NCC-1701
(2nd panel)
[17.] Venardhi
(2nd panel)

Last edited by M; August 16 2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old August 16 2008, 03:15 AM   #165
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

I'm game for another go at it. Hopefully it'll come up when I have more time and can do a proper job with it.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote