Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 6 2008, 02:56 AM   #16
M
Vice Admiral

Re: 100% laugh-free trailer for DISASTER MOVIE. Ugh.

Wow, that was not even remotely funny!
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2008, 03:23 AM   #17
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

I guess why I agree it doesn't seem funny, I'm not so sure why we get all worked up about these kind of movies. I figure if there are people out there that enjoy them, more power to them, have fun. No skin off my nose. Plenty of other movies for me to watch and enjoy.
Old August 6 2008, 03:39 AM   #18
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
I guess why I agree it doesn't seem funny, I'm not so sure why we get all worked up about these kind of movies. I figure if there are people out there that enjoy them, more power to them, have fun. No skin off my nose. Plenty of other movies for me to watch and enjoy.
They're an erosion to culture and good "art" of the movies. They make me hate people and think people are idiots more than they really are.

I saw a trailer for this movie a couple months ago and I beat my head on my desk for a solid half hour. I still have the wood-grain impressions on my forehead.

These types of movies make ever fiber of my being and exsistance HURT like they're being stabbed with icepicks. They make me want to go back in time and dis-invent movie-making. It's also frustrating to me as a screenwriter to see absolute SHIT like this get made and know that my finished scripts don't stand much chance of ever being made.

Movies like these are just complete and total bullshit that they get made and I don't even want to walk past the kind of people who DO find them funny on my way to far better movies.
Old August 6 2008, 03:46 AM   #19
Tomato
Rear Admiral

jezz... these movies are so bad who in their right mind watches them?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2008, 04:07 AM   #20
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
They're an erosion to culture and good "art" of the movies. They make me hate people and think people are idiots more than they really are.

I saw a trailer for this movie a couple months ago and I beat my head on my desk for a solid half hour. I still have the wood-grain impressions on my forehead.

These types of movies make ever fiber of my being and exsistance HURT like they're being stabbed with icepicks. They make me want to go back in time and dis-invent movie-making. It's also frustrating to me as a screenwriter to see absolute SHIT like this get made and know that my finished scripts don't stand much chance of ever being made.

Movies like these are just complete and total bullshit that they get made and I don't even want to walk past the kind of people who DO find them funny on my way to far better movies.
Well you're kind of proving my point. Why waste this much energy on something you really hate. I mean it's not like A) You're forced to watch these kind of movies or B) there aren't other choices.

I'm saying yeah these kind of movies suck, but I really don't give a shit. I just don't watch them.

Of course this thread kind of reminds of various threads about cancelling this TV show or that TV show. I don't get those threads, I guess I don't get this one either. I just don't watch things I don't want to watch. Got plenty of other entertainment options.
Old August 6 2008, 04:30 AM   #21
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

Well you're kind of proving my point. Why waste this much energy on something you really hate. I mean it's not like A) You're forced to watch these kind of movies or B) there aren't other choices.

I'm saying yeah these kind of movies suck, but I really don't give a shit. I just don't watch them.

Of course this thread kind of reminds of various threads about cancelling this TV show or that TV show. I don't get those threads, I guess I don't get this one either. I just don't watch things I don't want to watch. Got plenty of other entertainment options.
It's just annoying that shit like this gets made and that people enjoy it. That doesn't make sense, I agree, but that's the way I feel. I see these trailers and I just weep at the time, effort and money put into making this crap (which just erodes comedy and good parody as a whole) and it makes me weep for the inteligence of people who go to see this shit and laugh in it.

Also makes me upset that it's so damn hard to get a script sold, yet, here's total shit getting made.
Old August 6 2008, 05:17 AM   #22
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

It's nothing new, though. There have always been terrible movies that have done well.

It's not a sign of anything decaying. It's more of the same.
Old August 6 2008, 06:09 AM   #23
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I wonder who the exec was for Lionsgate who had to write that description. I wonder if he did it with a straight face or not.
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2008, 08:15 AM   #24
Jax
Admiral

These movies stopped being funny after Scary Movie, which had 2 funny ones then a meh 3rd one and a improved 4th one. Since then this genre has sucked big time.

However saying that am not going to jump on my high horse and say this is causing the erosion of art and cluture cause that started happening long ago my friends.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2008, 08:30 AM   #25
Super Grover
Vice Admiral

I saw SuperHero Movie, knowing what I was getting myself into. It was not a great movie, nor even a good movie, but I could tell their hearts were in the right place when they made it. They did manage to pull a coherent story together and it didn't feel like a bunch of scenes from other movies randomly strung together. I'll say the same thing about The Comebacks as well. They weren't Airplane! or the Naked Gun, but what is?
Bobby "Oh, you mean like Chlamydia?"
Super Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2008, 08:40 AM   #26
Hermiod
Admiral

^Why can't we have something as good as those these days ?
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2008, 08:46 AM   #27
Super Grover
Vice Admiral

I'll put Walk Hard the Dewey Cox story up there on the same level as Airplane! as far as spoof movies go.

Oh man, remember the first Hot Shots. That movie was comedy gold.

Last edited by Super Grover; August 6 2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old August 6 2008, 09:00 AM   #28
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

That's it, I was planning on watching some DVDs today, I hadn't decided which, but this thread has helped me decided, Hot Shots! and Airplane! it is.
Old August 6 2008, 09:22 AM   #29
Super Grover
Vice Admiral

Glad to be of help.

Hell, I just thought of another, remember Jane Austen's Mafia? It was ok.
Old August 6 2008, 12:43 PM   #30
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Twilight wrote: View Post
Don't watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDws_tDZ-8c

Honestly, the fact that I took time out of my life to (a) watch the trailer and (b) post a thread about it on TBBS will really make me re-evaluate my life's priorities.

-Twilight, hereafter a new man.
^^^
Man i got more laughs from passing a kidney stone.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote