Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old July 28 2008, 07:50 PM   #16
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: COSMOS

tenmei: Could we make friends with the Kelvans the day after we say "Neener neener neener! We can travel to other galaxies too!" ?

Newspaper Taxi: They're going to report what they see. It's just that once they're out of the quadrant the reports won't get back to the Federation instantaneously, and once they're out of the galaxy it will be the Federation's great great grandchildren who will be receiving them. In fact, BoxWhatBox's ideas track with what I was thinking about what might happen if the ship returns. Also, I see no reason why former enemy Alpha Quadrant species can't go along, since it is supposed to be a time of peace.

But yeah, no Borg. I'm done with Borg.

Thanks for the gold star!

RobertScorpio: As I stated in another thread, look up the definitions of the words "Star" and "Trek". "Ship in space" has not been done to death. It's what the title suggests.

And Trek fans might have been more receptive about leaving the neighborhood if the powers that be had just been a little more creative in the process of creating new neighbors. Frankly, I think all imagination flew out the window after The Immunity Syndrome (Where do you go after you've encountered the giant space amoeba?) The TNG era's definition of alien was "How strangely can I apply this pancake make-up to this obviously human being?"

Thanks for the continued feedback, everybody!

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2008, 08:52 PM   #17
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Here's a strictly silly suggestion: After one of their slingshot galaxy hops, the crew wakes up to find everything painted pink. Since it wasn't pink when they went to sleep, someone must have done it while they were between galaxies... but who?

Q, being mischievous? Some alien who thinks the crew lacks any sense of interior decorating? Some natural phenomenon that turns everything pink? Some microscopic pink alien life that's coating the entire ship(s)? Let the mystery (and the repainting) begin...

(inspired by lots of "Trading Spaces and "While You Were Out" episodes on TLC )

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2008, 09:20 PM   #18
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Here's a strictly silly suggestion: After one of their slingshot galaxy hops, the crew wakes up to find everything painted pink. Since it wasn't pink when they went to sleep, someone must have done it while they were between galaxies... but who?

Q, being mischievous? Some alien who thinks the crew lacks any sense of interior decorating? Some natural phenomenon that turns everything pink? Some microscopic pink alien life that's coating the entire ship(s)? Let the mystery (and the repainting) begin...

(inspired by lots of "Trading Spaces and "While You Were Out" episodes on TLC )
Admiral Nighthammer awakes from coldsleep to find a strange woman standing next to his sleep chamber. "Hi!" the woman says cheerfully, "I'm Paige Davis! Welcome to your new starship!"

Seriously, though. The idea of the ship being altered in transit is not a bad one. Done right that could be a creepy episode...

Old July 28 2008, 09:27 PM   #19
Timewalker

If Hildi did the redecorating, it would be creepy!

Old July 28 2008, 09:41 PM   #20
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Yeah, that does sound pretty cool if extrapolated right. Any more thoughts on the main characters and the first season, Admiral2?
Old July 30 2008, 12:54 AM   #21
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

tenmei wrote: View Post
Yeah, that does sound pretty cool if extrapolated right. Any more thoughts on the main characters and the first season, Admiral2?
Well, lately I've been trying to work out the captains of the Defiants as a next step, so how about:

Sonora Arias: (Human) Captain of the Defiant-class vessel Thor. A science officer before an act of heroism caught the attention of Starfleet Tactical, she was fast-tracked up the ranks until she was given command of a dedicated combat vessel. It's a command that she has always had doubts about accepting, doubts that have become more pronounced since the onset of the project. By volunteering her ship for assignment to the Verthandi, her real hope is that she'll have more assignments that involve the ship's primary mission than ones that involve fighting, although Admiral Nighthammer will come to regard her as his greatest asset in times of conflict.

Zad Onara: (Andorian) Last scion of a long line of warriors on his homeworld, the captain of the Defiant-class ship Freya sees the mission as an opportunity to do the things he trained to do as a tactical commander in Starfleet. A peaceful home galaxy left little opportunity to show his combat prowess, but a sojourn into a greater unknown than anyone has ever experienced is - in his eyes - likely to provide challenges that will require the application of force. Those challenges are the things he looks forward to.

Old July 30 2008, 10:11 PM   #22
Timewalker

Are the characters' names set in stone? 'Cause "Sonora" and "Onara" could be confusing...

Old July 30 2008, 11:42 PM   #23
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Are the characters' names set in stone? 'Cause "Sonora" and "Onara" could be confusing...
Not especially. I'm not really planning on writing all this myself, so I'm not married to anything about it. This just a creative exercise for me.

Old July 31 2008, 04:36 AM   #24
hellsgate
Commodore

A Federation "City-Ship" designed by Fongsaunder of Wolf Shipyard.

I could see this as the perfect "Exodus" vessel, capable of piggybacking Defiant-Class vessels in its enormous ventral-side multirole docking/cargo bays.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/shipyard/...forum=shipyard
hellsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2008, 12:57 AM   #25
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

hellsgate wrote: View Post
A Federation "City-Ship" designed by Fongsaunder of Wolf Shipyard.

I could see this as the perfect "Exodus" vessel, capable of piggybacking Defiant-Class vessels in its enormous ventral-side multirole docking/cargo bays.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/shipyard/...forum=shipyard
It's interesting, but when I think of the main ship it usually looks in my head like a giant Galaxy-class or something along those lines. Someone in the thread you linked said this looks like Mon Calamari meets Trek, and it does, and I'm not big on Mon Calamari ships.

Old August 1 2008, 01:51 AM   #26
Timewalker

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
Not especially. I'm not really planning on writing all this myself, so I'm not married to anything about it. This just a creative exercise for me.
Darnitall. Now that I'm interested in the idea, I wish somebody would write it.

Old August 1 2008, 02:32 AM   #27
Katrine
Fleet Captain

I like the idea. I also like the looks of that city-ship! WOW! BUT...
We need a Denoblian on board, as a Scientist perhaps? Along with a Vulcan or 2 of course. What about a Bajoran doctor, well versed in many forms of medicine. Or even a half Bajoran/half Card?
What species would we pull from the Delta Quadrant? PUHLEEZ don't say Kazon!!!!!
Katrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2008, 06:24 PM   #28
hellsgate
Commodore

We need all the classic (ENT, TAS/TOS) to TNG/VOY races (Tellarites, Vulcans, Edosians, Humans, et al.) with Talaxian character cameos, among others. The ship is more Xindi Aquatic / Federation than Mon Calimari.
hellsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2008, 06:37 PM   #29
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
Darnitall. Now that I'm interested in the idea, I wish somebody would write it.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, if someone did write it, "Sonora" and "Onara" would spend most of their time being called "Captain". Confusion problem solved.

And the ship is going to big and populous enough that having all those races aboard wouldn't be a problem. You'd see them over the course of the series, just not every single one in the first episode.

And Mon Calamari or Xindi Aquatic, it still looks like it was built by fish for spaceflight, so it still isn't what I'm looking for.