RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,232
Posts: 5,438,523
Members: 24,957
Currently online: 629
Newest member: zanejc

TrekToday headlines

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the movie...
Excellent 271 79.47%
Above Average 46 13.49%
Average 17 4.99%
Below Average 2 0.59%
Poor 5 1.47%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 23 2008, 06:32 AM   #526
David cgc
Vice Admiral
 
David cgc's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
Near as I can tell, he was testing to discover shatter patterns for the bullet so that when they reconstruct the actual bullet they can recover the maximum amount of information, which they would need to recover the fingerprint.

The mystery is - what did they do with the fingerprint once it was recovered?
If I remember right, the fingerprint on the bullet was found to belong to a thug, and his address was the false sniper's nest for the Mayor's speech where Bruce found the kidnapped cops and was almost killed by the ersatz cops.
__________________
“I come here to have fun and fuck around merrily. I expect to showered by all kind of random crap.”
iguana_tonante
David cgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 12:51 PM   #527
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Evil Headhunter's Avatar
 
Location: Emh
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
So JacksonArcher...where's your review?

And no, your mock "Meh. It was okay." post doesn't count.
Well, since you asked...
Thanks. That was a fantastic review! Wonderful play-by-play comparison to Tim Burton's Batman (which I've never been a fan of despite being a big Burton fan).

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
- I'd love to see more on Harvey Dent's journey from hero to madman on my next viewing which will have to wait until the movie is out on DVD.
I don't know about anyone else, but I am hoping and praying there's an extended cut. Early rumors were that the original cut was closer to 3 hours long.
Likewise, although I can live without having an extended cut, whereas with Norton's The Incredible Hulk, I would be quite disappointed if we don't get the proper cut even though I thoroughly enjoyed the theatrical cut.

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
- Okay, the Joker has plans, so what really sets him apart? I think he goes with the flow a lot more than the average person does. He lets himself go and just goes with it. The end result is that he comes off as a carefree individual. Also, he can spontaneously take advantage of little moments and opportunities that most people would miss because they aren't as open to them.
His goal is to rip down people's civilized veneer, and drive them mad.
Interestingly, that's exactly what Ra's Al Ghul tried to do, but The Joker's method was more natural and more successful (if nothing else, he won over Harvey Dent).

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
The mystery is - what did they do with the fingerprint once it was recovered?
I think Batman used the finger print to lead him to that abandoned apartment on where the honor gaurd were tied up. If I recall, they got five possible criminal matches to the print, and only one lived on the parade route (the "sniper roost").
David cgc wrote: View Post
Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
Near as I can tell, he was testing to discover shatter patterns for the bullet so that when they reconstruct the actual bullet they can recover the maximum amount of information, which they would need to recover the fingerprint.

The mystery is - what did they do with the fingerprint once it was recovered?
If I remember right, the fingerprint on the bullet was found to belong to a thug, and his address was the false sniper's nest for the Mayor's speech where Bruce found the kidnapped cops and was almost killed by the ersatz cops.
Which just shows yet another facet of The Joker's masterful planning. He set up the whole thing so The Batman would arrive there during the Mayor's speech.
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:16 PM   #528
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Location: Ontar-ri-ario
View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Emh wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
So JacksonArcher...where's your review?

And no, your mock "Meh. It was okay." post doesn't count.
Well, since you asked...
Thanks. That was a fantastic review! Wonderful play-by-play comparison to Tim Burton's Batman (which I've never been a fan of despite being a big Burton fan).
See, now I loved the Burton films (well, at least the ones with Keaton, who was surprisingly a fantastic Wayne/Batman...Kilmer was passable and don't even get me started on Clooney) and was hesitent about the re-do...and though I enjoyed Begins, I'm totally a fan now with TDK.

I've been wondering about another film...do you think they'll re-introduce Robin? Who could it be? (*yacks a little at the memory of O'Donnell*)
__________________
Fanfic

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:20 PM   #529
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Director Christopher Nolan has gone on record saying Robin is in some crib somewhere in his films. Translation: Don't expect to see Robin anytime soon.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:21 PM   #530
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07
 
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

A few things...

- Thanks everyone for some clarification on a few of the points I made.

- As of this posting we have 193 votes. Looks like this movie isn't as popular around here as Indiana Jones (273 votes) or Iron Man (267 votes). Anyone think that The Dark Knight will catch up?

- I saw something in the movie that I forgot to bring up yesterday. When they were filming, was Heath Ledger actually at the site where the Hospital was being blown up, or was he put in later during post production? The latter would make sense since having him actually be there would have been dangerous, plus if he messed up, they wouldn't have been able to do another take. If it is the latter, then that's the best blue screen work I've ever seen.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:22 PM   #531
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Heath Ledger was there. According to Nolan, they rehearsed that scene for hours and hours. Ledger only had one take to do it right. And he nailed it in exactly one take.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:26 PM   #532
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07
 
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Director Christopher Nolan has gone on record saying Robin is in some crib somewhere in his films.
A few years back, someone here pointed out that Robin enters the picture fairly early in Batman's career, so he should be older than a baby.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:27 PM   #533
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07
 
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Heath Ledger was there. According to Nolan, they rehearsed that scene for hours and hours. Ledger only had one take to do it right. And he nailed it in exactly one take.
They took quite a risk with that. Thanks.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:28 PM   #534
S. Gomez
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Heath Ledger was there. According to Nolan, they rehearsed that scene for hours and hours. Ledger only had one take to do it right. And he nailed it in exactly one take.
Sweet.
__________________
Marvellous Adventure--Online periodical with escape, excitement, and adventure
S. Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:28 PM   #535
Caligula
Vice Admiral
 
Caligula's Avatar
 
Location: Knoxville, TN USA
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
- As of this posting we have 193 votes. Looks like this movie isn't as popular around here as Indiana Jones (273 votes) or Iron Man (267 votes). Anyone think that The Dark Knight will catch up?
As far as I'm concerned, it isn't about the number of votes overall, but rather the percentage of those which are positive. "Excellent" right now is getting approximately 80% of the vote. Not too shabby.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:29 PM   #536
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Director Christopher Nolan has gone on record saying Robin is in some crib somewhere in his films.
A few years back, someone here pointed out that Robin enters the picture fairly early in Batman's career, so he should be older than a baby.
I think Nolan was probably just poking a little fun, but he has definitely gone on record saying he doesn't think Robin will be in any of his films. Christian Bale has even said that he hopes never to share the screen with such a "ridiculous" character as Robin.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:35 PM   #537
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

^ Coincidentally Bale was in the running for Robin but was turned down. Could be bitterness...
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:41 PM   #538
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07
 
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Christian Bale has even said that he hopes never to share the screen with such a "ridiculous" character as Robin.
Like most people he probably has every popular version of Robin stuck in his head and thinks that that's what the character will be like in Nolan's movies. If that's the case, I think that's too bad.

Last edited by Shamrock Bones; July 23 2008 at 05:35 PM.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 04:42 PM   #539
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07
 
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ Coincidentally Bale was in the running for Robin but was turned down. Could be bitterness...
Yeah, but in the end, he got "Batman".
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2008, 05:19 PM   #540
TheBrew
Vice Admiral
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Location: Fox Lady
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Emh wrote: View Post
Interestingly, that's exactly what Ra's Al Ghul tried to do, but The Joker's method was more natural and more successful (if nothing else, he won over Harvey Dent).
I think Ra's wasn't trying to show animalistic nature of society or the corruption of man. He already believed it was corrupt and wanted to spread a cleansing fire so that it could start anew and pure.
__________________
Sing glorious, victorious,
One keg of beer for the four of us.
Sing glory be to God that there are no more of us,
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
batman, christopher nolan, grading & discussion, superheroes, the dark knight

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.