Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Closed Thread

Old July 18 2008, 08:50 PM   #16
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Re: A Definitive Fan Film List

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Wowbagger wrote: View Post
I hear what you're saying. I'm really not trying to be misleading; I'm remembering my days as an uninitiate. Back then, when I saw the phrase "fan production," my eyes would glaze over and move on, or, at best, I might look at the phrase in disinterested confusion and then move on to greener pastures farther down the forum list.
Regardless, it is still misleading. Whether you like the use of production or not, it is still a more valid term.

If people's eyes are "glazing over" when they read fan production. they're not going to come into a forum labelled fan productions to read a thread entitled fan films.
Sounds like it's time for a compromise! Perhaps the title could read "A Definitive Fan Film/Audio List?
I'd settle for that.
Old July 19 2008, 02:59 AM   #17
Mallory

Let me know if you want me to change the title Wowbagger. I figured out how to do that once upon a time in vBulletin and I could probably figure it out again.
Old July 19 2008, 06:14 AM   #18
Wowbagger
Fleet Captain

Sigh... the only possible title I can imagine that would be worse than "A Definitive Fan Production List" would be Mike's slash-based compromise proposal. (Sorry, Mike. I hate "Definitive Fan Film/Audio List" with every fiber of my being.)

Well, no, that's not true. I toyed today with "Fan Undertakings," "Amateur Artistries," and "Fan Inwentions" (note the Russian accent!), all of which are immeasurably worse.

The ones I came up with today that I did sorta like were "Fan Fabrication" and "Fan-Mades" (as in "A Definitive List of Fan-Mades," with all due credit for the name to Anthony Pascale). Is there any popular support for either of those, or are we stuck with "A Definitive List of Fan Productions"?

Either way, I and the present thread title stand defeated by the overwhelming vox populi. I'll include the new and immeasurably more accurate title in my update to you Sunday, Mallory. (Hopefully I'll be able to take a few public opinions into account by then.) That'll be in your PM box right after I find out the runtime of "Where There's A Sea," which I'll know right after I download it, which I'll do right after it's released.

Did anyone else realize that Karl Puder has been in roughly 22% of all productions listed? I added that up today after I ran into his voice in a completely unexpected place. Scary how he gets around. Which only proves my point about him.

Last edited by Wowbagger; July 19 2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old July 19 2008, 02:11 PM   #19
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

No hard feelings James! If I helped kick start the creatie process then it's all good! Fan Mades works for me. After all, it's already in the Fan Productions forum, so it's not like anyone will be confused by what you mean.
Old July 19 2008, 02:15 PM   #20
USS Intrepid
Commodore

I still prefer fan productions. I really don't like fan mades I'm afraid. That really does make my eyes glaze over.

Last edited by USS Intrepid; July 19 2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old July 19 2008, 05:44 PM   #21
Racan
Cadet

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Racan

Hi,

I'm a director/writer/producer of "Chains of Betrayal", one of the film's you mentioned, and I wanted to assure you that we'll definitely be releasing the project on Youtube in the near future. We frantically finished the episode mere day before our premiere in Vancouver, and since then we've been trying to complete a limited DVD release for our cast and crew. There's also a few deadlines for film festival dates that have been occupying our time. We definitely haven't forgotten the Trek community, though. I'll let you all know as soon as we put the film in full on the internet.

Thanks for the interest,

Racan
Old July 19 2008, 08:08 PM   #22
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

I'll give it one more try. Why not just title the thread "A Definitive List". Like I said before the thread is already in the "Fan Productions" forum, so that should prevent anyone from asking "list of what?". Or maybe they'll be curious enough to open it and look for themselves?
Old July 19 2008, 08:23 PM   #23
Wowbagger
Fleet Captain

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
I still prefer fan productions. I really don't like fan mades I'm afraid. That really does make my eyes glaze over.
Touche!
Old July 19 2008, 09:25 PM   #24
Wowbagger
Fleet Captain

Actually, Mike, that's not half-bad.

Great news about "Chains," Racan! Let me know as soon as I have someplace to link to!
Old July 21 2008, 11:21 AM   #25
Wowbagger
Fleet Captain

Despite the huge bummer of the Intrepid delay (that's life, but... man, it totally ruined my 4:30 AM - 5:00 AM timeblock), I have delivered the updated list to Mallory.

The plus side of this is that, in all likelihood, Intrepid will get the "Updated" section all to itself in next week's update.

Today's trivia link: I've spent literally days looking for this, and I found it tonight purely by accident: the Star Trek: Defiant RPG list. This is the list that, as the godfather of both ST: Defiant and nearly all of Darker Projects Trek productions (Lost Frontier, Section 31, Crossroads), basically spawned audio fan shows as we know them.

Excelsior remains the first show to base its episodes directly on an RPG's actual written adventures, but clearly the connection between RPG's and fan audio runs very deep and very, very old.
Old July 21 2008, 05:14 PM   #26
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Tales of the Seventh Fleet is based on an RPG. Intrepid is also loosely based on an RPG.

Last edited by USS Intrepid; July 21 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old July 21 2008, 06:22 PM   #27
Mallory

Wowbagger wrote: View Post
Despite the huge bummer of the Intrepid delay (that's life, but... man, it totally ruined my 4:30 AM - 5:00 AM timeblock), I have delivered the updated list to Mallory.
I received the updates. I'm just getting my day started and have a few other things to do first, but I should get to it within the next couple of hours. I'll post here when it's been changed.
Old July 22 2008, 06:05 PM   #28
Mallory

I've updated the original post at Wowbagger's request.
Old July 23 2008, 02:08 AM   #29
Freman
Fleet Captain

What's going on with Tales from the Seventh Fleet these days, anyway?
Old July 23 2008, 03:50 AM   #30
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

We filmed two episodes back to back and are currently working on the CGI for both. I think we will have a trailer soon for the first of the two episodes titled "Street Fight."

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Closed Thread