An Idea For A Game/Project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

Fantastic work PlanetMudd!!

I was thinking something very similar myself. ;) It's been an incredibly high standard all round... I'll certainly not be able to keep up, I'll give it a good try, though. :)

2. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Seconded! The turnaround time alone has been eye-popping (except for that lazy-a$$ Ptrope guy!), all the more so for the quality and diversity of the entries. It's great to see the excitement!

3. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Re: The Trek Art Comic Project

Might want to tweak that Spock model a bit, Ptrope. He looks kinda young. The chin/jaw area needs to be more prominent.

McCoy's mouth looks like it should be a little wider, too...a little less jowls.

4. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like it's going to come down to the wire for me. Planet Mudd's one-day turnaround really caught me off-guard and I've been scrambling to put my entry together. The way my schedule is looking this week, I may actually have to pass until the next go-around. I should know for sure by early tomorrow.

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, thanks for the warning (as I'm next on the "chopping block"). I'll be sure to check the boards in the morning. (Not that it's a problem; I take a peek several times a day, anyway.)

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Yeah, the Spock was done pretty quickly and isn't anywhere near a finished morph; McCoy was more a case of the lighting showing up flaws I hadn't seen previously under different lights.

Might have to start learning Z-Brush or Mudbox ... :D

7. Klondike307

Klondike307 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

sign me up!

8. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Cool! You're number eleven on the list ...

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307

ETA: Ptrope, I noticed that you have seperated the two threads. Thank you for that. Also, thank you for stickying the comic thread. :)

9. Klondike307

Klondike307 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Great to hear! Here's a peek at the style I'll be using for the strip when it's my turn.

[​IMG]

10. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^ Looks promising. :bolian:

11. Vektor

FYI, I am scrambling to finish my entry by tomorrow. I will have one but my "style" may wind up to be "minimalist impressionism." ;)

My entry will be posted in the pinned thread by tomorrow afternoon or evening at the latest.

12. BJensen

BJensen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh! I just noticed this project.
    Nice :) One of the better threads to come up in the art forum- by a long shot.

I'll follow this one!

13. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

^^

So, you gonna sign up? :D

No problem! They were already separate, anyway, but I thought moving the comments over here really was the best way to handle it, and, yippee, they moved over in chronological order with all the other posts! :bolian:

BTW, unless someone new signs up in time, I'll be happy to tackle Lucky 13 ... (don't want to be a hog, of course :D)

14. BJensen

BJensen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^
    No- too busy.
    I'm really happy to see people doing original work in this thread. People are even drawing!! lol

keep it up ^_^

15. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

Actually I figured when we ran out of new artists the circle would start in the same order...but I guess that's up to the group to figure out?

16. PlanetMudd

PlanetMudd Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's what I thought too, Thomas.

17. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

^^ That's fine with me :bolian:. I didn't make that assumption, though, just because some folks may not want to go through a second round, and others will obviously join in after we've already started repeating; I guess I figured it would continue as members signed up to 'the list,' in whatever order they did so.

18. Vektor

Putting the finishing touches on it now. Should be up within the hour.

19. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Very nice, Vektor! Well worth the wait; love the style and the layout :techman:. Is this drawn and scanned or completely digital? (btw, "something" is misspelled in the last panel :eek: )

I love the way this is going, overall - we should've done something like this a long time ago ;).

20. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OK, looks like I'm in the hot seat now. And I bet you guys think I'm gonna' "shoe horn" M'Ress into my offering. As tempting as that might be, I don't see how I can do that without it appearing blatantly forced.

So, Vector depicts Gary Seven's "widget" still in "Kirk's" hand. Hmm, yeah, I think I can work with this.

BTW, Vector, that is a very well illustrated portrait of McCoy. It looks like the good doctor has been the best captured likeness in this visual narrative.

Sincerely,

Bill