Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 9 2008, 02:32 AM   #16
splodenode
Fleet Captain

Re: Something to ponder: The Dark Knight isn't all that much about Bat

whats a batpod?
splodenode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2008, 05:01 AM   #17
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

splodenode wrote: View Post
whats a batpod?
its to play bat-tunes.

seriously, it's his new tumbler-style motorcycle.
Old July 9 2008, 06:05 AM   #18
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

While I think Ledger's Joker is receiving a lot of hype, for a couple of reasons - of course his death, but before that because people are rather amazed that anyone would follow Jack Nicholson - though that baffles me since his Joker was pretty weak IMHO. It was the exact opposite of what Ledger's performance is being reported as. Ledger supposedly disappears into the role, which an actor should do with something as elemental as Joker, whereas in Batman '89 it wasn't Joker but Jack Nicholson as the Joker!

However, the reviews I've seen from respected critics have made plenty enough reference to Bruce Wayne's development for me to have few fears that the movie will actually be about Batman. Every interview I've read from Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale are all about what happens to Batman as a character, for which Joker is a means to an end. Recall the hype of Ra's al Ghul for Batman Begins. And that movie was completely about Batman.

Ledger's tragic death is going to continue to draw media attention. Who cares? The media isn't the movie.
Old July 9 2008, 06:44 AM   #19
splodenode
Fleet Captain

Broccoli wrote: View Post
splodenode wrote: View Post
whats a batpod?
its to play bat-tunes.

seriously, it's his new tumbler-style motorcycle.
snazzy
splodenode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2008, 09:44 PM   #20
Defiant-A
Commodore

View Defiant-A's Twitter Profile
Trailers Before The Dark Knight

Over at JoBlo, they have a listing of a few of the trailers that will be before The Dark Knight.

It will have a trailer for Body of Lies, Terminator 4 and Watchmen, all of which I am pretty excited to see. Now, herein lies the rub. I have tickets to see the movie in IMAX, which if I remember correctly, they don't show the same trailers, but I don't remember. Does anyone know if they will show these trailers before the IMAX version or no?

http://joblo.com/index.php?id=21920&s=

Old July 10 2008, 12:38 AM   #21
Superman
Fleet Captain

Cuts made from IMAX version of The Dark Knight?

Is it true that the IMAX format allows for only two hour films or some such, thus resulting in the removal of a half hour from TDK?

\S/
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2008, 12:42 AM   #22
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

Re: Cuts made from IMAX version of The Dark Knight?

No. That was only for Attack of the Clones and Apollo 13. Newer IMAX projectors don't require cuts at all. Superman Returns wasn't cut.
Luke Lightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2008, 02:24 AM   #23
Superman
Fleet Captain

Re: Cuts made from IMAX version of The Dark Knight?

Thanks, LL. I'm going to try and find a nearby IMAX now, if I can.

\S/
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2008, 02:30 AM   #24
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

"The Dark Knight" Megathread (USE THIS YOU RUBES)

Spiff and I have noticed over the last week or so that every time anyone has a question about The Dark Knight, there's a new thread about it. "Will it be cut for IMAX?" "There's a new Dark Knight TV spot!" "New pictures from The Dark Knight!" "What trailers will be in front of the movie?" "There's another new review of the movie out!"

I say thee, nay.

From here on out, use this thread for all miscellaneous discussion regarding The Dark Knight (As housekeeping, I'm merging several existing threads into this one, as well). This is the megathread for the movie. For reviews of the movie, there's Agent Richard07's Grading thread on the first page of this forum. For everything else, use this!

Or else.

Last edited by Timby; July 10 2008 at 02:37 AM.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2008, 02:35 AM   #25
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight" Megathread (USE THIS YOU RUBES)

JKTim wrote: View Post
Spiff and I have noticed over the last week or so that every time anyone has a question about The Dark Knight, there's a new thread about it. "Will it be cut for IMAX?" "There's a new Dark Knight TV spot!" "New pictures from The Dark Knight!" "What trailers will be in front of the movie?" "There's another new review of the movie out!"

I say thee, nay.

From here on out, use this thread for all miscellaneous discussion regarding The Dark Knight (As housekeeping, I'm merging several existing threads into this one, as well). This is the megathread for the movie. For reviews of the movie, there's Agent Richard07's Grading thread on the first page of this forum. For everything else, use this!

Or else.
What, are you a San Angles cop from 2032?
Old July 10 2008, 02:48 AM   #26
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight" Megathread (USE THIS, DON'T START NEW THREADS!)

Where are the pictures of Two-Face?
Old July 10 2008, 03:53 AM   #27
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

JKTim wrote: View Post

I say thee, nay.

Or else.
Ooooorrrrrrrrrr....

You guys could just make a Comicbook forum already. To cover all comicbook films, movies, shows, the comics themselves, what not.

I feel compelled to point out, though, that the reason so many start new topics for such, is because many people will not SEE whatever new has occured unless it's a new topic; people stop reading multi-page topics after a point.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2008, 04:21 AM   #28
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

cool the megathread merges my "New tv spots from the dark knight" and the cuts thread.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2008, 05:55 AM   #29
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I'm starting to get swept up in the excitement for this movie.

However...if this movie doesn't feature a boner crime, I'm walking out and demanding my money back!
Old July 10 2008, 05:56 AM   #30
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA BATMAN!!!
Luke Lightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote