Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

View Poll Results: What did you think?
1 - V. Poor shouldnt have made this movie. 4 2.34%
2 - Pretty Poor 7 4.09%
3 - Meh.. okay. definitely worth a download.. 38 22.22%
4 - V. Good. 104 60.82%
5 - Best Stargate ever. 18 10.53%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 4 2008, 11:54 PM   #31
DWF
Vice Admiral

Re: Stargate Continuum - Grading and Discussion

As I said, I'm not saying it should have been done in Continuum, and I don't hold the fact it holds to the usual conceit against it. It would just be interesting to see something like that, something different, happen. Basically, I'm thinking out loud.
Continuum is all they've got and they have to think of it that way since this could be the end of SG1 it's all of nothing.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
Old July 5 2008, 12:03 AM   #32
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile

DWF wrote: View Post
As I said, I'm not saying it should have been done in Continuum, and I don't hold the fact it holds to the usual conceit against it. It would just be interesting to see something like that, something different, happen. Basically, I'm thinking out loud.
Continuum is all they've got and they have to think of it that way since this could be the end of SG1 it's all of nothing.
Well, personally, I think I'd have preferred something else to be the last SG1 story. But if that's all we've got, it could have been worse.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Old July 5 2008, 12:28 AM   #33
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

Bomber wrote: View Post
To the comments about things slowly dissappearing in the beginning: My take on that is that Ba'al was making changes slowly, and each change net a dissappearance in their future. Just my 2 cents.
Old July 5 2008, 12:46 AM   #34
DWF
Vice Admiral

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Well, personally, I think I'd have preferred something else to be the last SG1 story. But if that's all we've got, it could have been worse.
If Stargate Universe is greenlit it is possible that this'll be the last we see of SG1 although I hope not and I'm still looking forward to seeing this movie.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
Old July 5 2008, 06:44 AM   #35
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Or even, what if they accidently changed the timeline for their better, but someone else came by and told them it needed to change back? Do the story from the opposite perspective, with the other guy winning and changing the timeline, and just don't even try to explain it in Atlantis, just one week, all of a sudden everything is ever so slightly different.

You know what you just described? That DS9 Episode... Children of Time or whatever it was called, where "future" Odo stops the Defiant from crashing, saving Kira but "killing" all of the unborn children.

As a reset time travel episode, I think at the very least it had more of an impact that this one.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old July 5 2008, 04:15 PM   #36
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Is there a reason this thread is even open before the dvd is available legally? Every person who has downloaded this should really be in jail, you know that, right?
Old July 5 2008, 04:31 PM   #37
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Is there a reason this thread is even open before the dvd is available legally? Every person who has downloaded this should really be in jail, you know that, right?
Since when was copyright infringement a jailable offence? Fined, maybe.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Old July 5 2008, 06:10 PM   #38
Valandil
Captain

Not true.

There are legally available promotional discs out there as we speak.
Old July 5 2008, 06:40 PM   #39
OmahaStar

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Valandil wrote: View Post
Not true.

True. What part of "downloaded" did you not understand?
Old July 5 2008, 07:22 PM   #40
Valandil
Captain

Valandil wrote: View Post
Not true.

True. What part of "downloaded" did you not understand?
Allow me to reiterate the line, "Is there a reason this thread is even open before the dvd is available legally?".

The DVD is legally available. By the way.

In the mean time, my thoughts are noted here: http://www.scifiheaven.net/index.php...tinuum-review/
Old July 6 2008, 12:09 AM   #41
jbny67
Commander

I liked it. Not the best thing the Stargate team ever produced but I found it highly entertaining. In the end that's all that really matters from a movie or tv show. Isn't it?
I stopped trying to nitpick any show or movie a long time ago. All that does is lessen the enjoyability of anything I watch. Sure there were things that could have been done better and things that don't work in science as we know it but, who gives a shit. Like I said, it was entertaining and didn't leave me groaning or disgusted.

I would have loved to have seen Don Davis given a bit more to do but, who knew when they were making this that it would be his Stargate swan song.

Here's hoping that there are more SG1 movies coming in the future.
Old July 6 2008, 10:08 PM   #42
Seventh White Boomer
Rear Admiral

It was pretty good. All the fuss made about RDA in this movie I thought he would play a bigger role. I really liked the purple wormhole travel when the timeline was changing, it looked really cool.

The Tok'ra's city was pretty huge. From late SG1 I was under the impression that there weren't many of them left. Weird that there were no reps from the Free Jaffa at the de-snaking of Baal. The only person I can think of who would have been good would be Bratac...can't think of any senior Jaffa still alive.

The only thing it was missing was an Asgard name drop.
Old July 7 2008, 08:56 AM   #43
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Is there a reason you didn't just notify the mods instead of pissing more vitriol on this thread?
Old July 7 2008, 03:25 PM   #44
Mr J
Rear Admiral

Personally I think there's plenty of room for conflict, from the characters emotional state, the conflict between wanting to stay in a better place, but if that came at the price of something bad happening, say the whole Jaffa race being extinct.
I don't think even O'Neill would think twice about making a choice like that.
Doesn't even have to be something that big, could be something very personal, like Odo changing the timeline in Children of Time.
Exactly, there is plenty of dramatic potential in a situation like this. What if your dead wife was still alive in the new timeline but your friend's wife was dead instead? What if that baby you lost was still alive in the new timeline but Australia was at war with American and millions were dying everyday elsewhere? These are just random examples but its obvious there is plenty of dramatic potential in the 'what if the alternate timeline was actually better?' setup.
Old July 7 2008, 03:48 PM   #45
OmahaStar

Mutarada wrote: View Post
Is there a reason you didn't just notify the mods instead of pissing more vitriol on this thread?
Lady, what is your obsession with me? Seriously, stop trolling me.