Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old July 3 2008, 06:21 AM   #1036
pookha
Admiral

View pookha's Twitter Profile
Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

we didnt come down hard on you but rather on the info posted.

the zuzu petal is just a dead give away that you might not have noted if you had not seen its a wonderful life or remembered that about his daughter.

you have to understand so many fake spoilers have been posted on different things over the years people sometimes look at info with a critical eye.

just curious where was this web site.
Old July 4 2008, 02:15 PM   #1037
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
Yep, that "complete story" is moronic crap.
Does anybody know when the Sci-Fi Channel will be airing new episodes of Battlestar Galactica?????
Old July 4 2008, 06:52 PM   #1038
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

February 2009 probably.
Old July 4 2008, 07:08 PM   #1039
Lookingglassman
Admiral

How can Boomer be the final cylon when she is a Cylon already?
Old July 4 2008, 09:13 PM   #1040
Wouter2
Captain

Why not? How can Tigh be a Cylon when he is a human already, an old, aging, human, at that?

Anyway, this was discussed at some length in a recent, dedicated final Cylon thread. It's offtopic here unless there are new spoilers available, for or against it.
Old July 5 2008, 05:00 AM   #1041
kipron
Rear Admiral

Lookingglassman wrote: View Post
How can Boomer be the final cylon when she is a Cylon already?
Because some people think the most complicated and bizarre solution is usually the correct one.
Old July 5 2008, 11:52 AM   #1042
Wouter2
Captain

Never count out complicated and even bizarre solutions on BSG, certainly when said solutions offer dramatic payoff - Ron Moore is running the show, and didn't Grace Parks say that she had to read one of the final script three times and have RDM explain it some more to "get" it? Sounds pretty complicated to me, whatever it was being explained.

Anyway, on this board people usually are willing to consider the head Cylons, the entire human race, Kara's Viper, Galactica itself and even body-jumping ghost Cylons as the fifth Cylon.

For some reason, all those seem more plausible to many here than some trickery with model numbers and people not being what they seem at first, allthough this has been happening frequently in BSG. At least Boomer could easily have been one of the human shapes seen and recognized by D'Anna in her vision, and D'Anna would have had very good reason to be surprised.

Last edited by Wouter2; July 5 2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old July 5 2008, 09:49 PM   #1043
Wouter2
Captain

Some possible spoilers for S4.5, but beware as reliability is uncertain:

On this scifi thread ( http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2310800 ), mostly on the first couple of pages, there are some very interesting hints and tidbits about season 4.5. Or at least, from someone who claims to have spoken with a friend involved in the BSG production. I'm not certain if this person can be trusted - apparently he opened spoiler threads about "Revelations" before it was broadcasted, which got deleted by the scifi admins. So he claims at least, and I haven't seen anyone calling him upon that in the thread so I suppose he really did that (I not on scifi often enough to know this for sure myself).

Anyway, if it can be trusted (besides the person who posted the news being trustworthy, his source also has to be considered as RDM claimed they may put out foilers) than there are some interesting things:

"They will get to Earth, but this planet (New Terra if you like, although I wasn't actually given a name for the planet) is another stepping stone, like Kobol and the Algae planet. If I'm remembering correctly, they find the Temple ruins, uncover that the 13th tribe or what have you stopped off there, were wiped out, some fled and eventually got to Earth." (this was posted on page 7 of the thread, standard settings)
So, it would appear that the planet found in "Revelations" may not be Earth, or not our Earth at least (there is a whole shitload of discussion on scifi about this, some suggesting that the 13th tribe did call it Earth but after it was nuked they may have settled on nearby "New Earth", which could be our Earth...
He also writes: "Not Earth, it's [COLOR=#ffffff]another sign post, like Algae planet and Kobol"[/COLOR]

He gives some rather vague hints about some other things:
-"We have no choice, General Calrissian, our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!" A quote from Return of the Jedi, when the rebel fleet closes in on the superior Imperial fleet as alternative to just getting blasted from standoff distance by the death star. Probably a reference to the big battle at the final episode

-"FrankenStarbuck?" Points to Starbuck being a clone of some kind. He later also writes "she's very central to what's coming in the story and There's More Than Meets The Eye with her.. Even saying this little I've probably said to much." (more than meets the eye is a transformers reference) He also writes: "Earlier "rumors" are true = [COLOR=#ffffff]she finds her Viper and body, her and Leoban commit a cover-up and torch the works. [/COLOR]."
Don't like it, her Viper being on what-they-call-Earth is as miraculous as the intact one that she showed up in.

-"Baltar is the man..." No idea here, but he also writes: "Baltar plays a very important role, but just remember [COLOR=#ffffff]noone is safe in the BSG universe[/COLOR]."

-"Nicky and Hera" Likewise, no idea

-"Cavemen" Ties in with one the calls for extras in the finale, probably. May be what they will find on "new Earth" or perhaps survivors on "old Earth" (if that theory is correct)?

-"The Old Man Kicks ***." Not anything new

-"Romo!?" I don't have a clue, again. We know he will be back for one more episode.

-"Cavil Not Scared!" Does anybody get this reference (which I suppose is from some known movie or TV series)? Anyway, it indicates Cavil will play a quite major role, as is to be expected

- "My God.. what have I done?" "What you had to do, what you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live."
This is a reference to STIII, when Kirk and co are watching the original Enterprise burn up in the atmosphere after they set the selfdestruct. I guess it's not looking good for Galactica !?

Also about the final battle: "Epic Battle, very much so, biggest of the series and quite possibly biggest ever in a Sci Fi show, I was told, "Think the final battle between the Alliance and the Empire in ROTJ." "Epic space battle, huge, think Return of the Jedi.. Star Destroyers, Republic cruisers, thousands of Tie Fighters, hundreds of X Wings.. just massive and intense."

Just who is going to participate in that battle on the RTF's side? A possible "new Earth" fleet, a bunch of rebel baseships that were overlooked so far or a part of Cavil's faction breaks off from the rest? I guess Galactica and one half-destroyed baseship alone won't cut it in a battle of ROTJ proportions.
About Lee and Kara: "there is more Lee and Kara shipping, but Kara's destiny isn't to be a shipper.. there are bigger lights in the heavens for her future. Her story was a big surprise to me, definitely didn't see it coming."

About Kara and "Slick", the pianoplayer: "The Piano Man, indeed very important to Starbuck.. Theories I've seen posted are pretty spot on relating to their relationship.. we met her mother and saw that side of the story"

About Dee: "Dee.. I really want to spill the beans here, but I'm going to refrain because you will not want to ruin the surprises in store here. She's been MIA for most of 4.0, but not so for 4.5. We get her history some, but there's some Darth Vader in there."

Some general comments from him - keep in mind he hasn't actually seen anything though, only been told about it: "RDM has performed incredibly. Everything that we've griped about, loose ends of significance are tied up. Head people, FrankenStarbuck, The Fifth, The Final Five, Earth, there's more I'm trying to remember, but those are the big points I was told were tied up and in some of the cases how."

He also notes a few things he was not told about, including who the final Cylon is:
"I can say a few things I don't know..
1- The Fifth/Final Cylon.
2- minor to medium level details, like do Kara and Sam knock boots again..?
3- Doc Cottle, I forgot to ask, and I'd really like to know what's up with him
4- Tom Zarek, I know his fate, but no details"

I wonder if this is true. Hopefully we will get some secondary sources soon to either confirm or reject some of it, so we can get an idea how trustworthy it is.
Old July 5 2008, 10:53 PM   #1044
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

If those spoilers are from a poster named CongoRed, they're probably true. Congo's threads kept getting deleted over there because they revealed too much, but I noticed he/she was ALWAYS right. Sort of a Morpheus type for the skiffy boards.

FrankenStarbuck? You know, if this person isn't really Starbuck that's pretty creepy that she's being treated as such by the narrative. I hope that's not the case--a clone is NOT the same person. I hated that potential idea in Enterprise episode, "Similitude," and I hate it now. It just devalues a person. You can't exchange one for the other even if it's Kara, who's not my favorite character. If she is a clone, let it be acknowledged by the narrative that she isn't the same person. I hope she's not a clone.

Dee...Darth Vader? Much as I like Dee, that idea intrigues me. What could fine, upstanding Dee do that she'd be likened to Darth Vader?

More Lee and Kara shipping? I will *not* curse.....I will not bitch and moan...... Hopefully the bit about her destiny not being shipping is accurate. Just leave the romantic nonsense between these two alone, RDM. Please.

Cavil playing a big part works for me. So does the old man kicking ass.

Baltar is the man. Did his little speech to the centurian about the dog treats spark an insurrection of metallic cylon against organic cylon? That would be his style.

"My God...what have I done?"
"What you had to do...."

Sounds like another great father/son moment to me.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old July 5 2008, 11:03 PM   #1045
Wouter2
Captain

Yes, those are from CongoRed. So he is reliable - well, that means it is not Earth after all, not OUR Earth at least.

I also wonder about the Dee comments. It is confirmed by a tidbit given by one of the writers though, who said we would see a dark(er) side of Dee in S4. Still, Darth Vader??

Last edited by Wouter2; July 5 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old July 5 2008, 11:16 PM   #1046
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

If it's not the real Earth I'm going to be pissed. Honestly, that would be the first time I'm really dissapointed in BSG.
Old July 5 2008, 11:26 PM   #1047
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I have to admit, if it's not really Earth I'm going to be disappointed as well. They'll have to do some real tap dancing to justify that creative choice. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Yeah, CongoRed usually had it nailed. Maybe Dee sells out the colonials (thinking she's doing the right thing) because she's afraid that Apollo has made a deadly mistake by granting the rebel cylons amnesty? She might still love the guy. I don't know. There's lots of ways they could go with that.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old July 5 2008, 11:35 PM   #1048
Wouter2
Captain

I was also disappointed at first by the Earth news, it also made me doubt the reliability of CongoRed as it seemed unlikely.

However, the theory about "old-Earth", "new-Earth" like "Caprica" and "New caprica", that has been suggested by some on scifi, may have merit. In this case, the roadsigns really all were leading to Earth - only, it wasn't "our" Earth. That will be the planet the survivors fled to, and in time the "new" will fall off the name, I guess. And the with the help of the final Cylon, the colonials will find it, and Roslin will die before she ever makes it there. It is consistent with foreshadowing, that way, and some of the comments from writers like "what they call Earth, anyway" also point in that direction.

I think it could work.
Old July 6 2008, 12:19 AM   #1049
Paxil
Vice Admiral

If that's not our earth, its lame. Period.
Old July 6 2008, 10:02 PM   #1050
Wouter2
Captain

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
If those spoilers are from a poster named CongoRed, they're probably true. Congo's threads kept getting deleted over there because they revealed too much, but I noticed he/she was ALWAYS right. Sort of a Morpheus type for the skiffy boards.
Dorian, are you entirely sure that CongoRed indeed has given real info in the past that wasn't related to the "Revelations" pre-screening? Were his deleted threads all about the same subject ("Revelations"), and possibly after the screening so everything was basically spoiled already, or is there much more to it?

I ask because on another forum, I got the following reaction about him:
"In this case, you'll see that this particular poster recently claimed to have exclusive inside information about Revelations. It was posted after the Revelations screening. It was limited to the same three points leaked at battlestarblog after the screening. He got called on it."

This would put quite a different spin on his trustworthiness, depending on what you answer.