IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 15 2008, 05:31 PM   #136
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Re: The Art of Star Trek: Reanimated - The Sequel

I like Kor's cabin... but it might seem more Klingon if you removed the mattress and just used the wooden 'shelf' (as Data would say).
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2008, 05:44 PM   #137
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

Kelso wrote: View Post
I like Kor's cabin... but it might seem more Klingon if you removed the mattress and just used the wooden 'shelf' (as Data would say).
Heh heh... the famed "Backbreaker of Kahless?"
Old March 18 2008, 04:41 PM   #138
johndialys

I am arties,I think I can made oil painting from your photos or posters,more infomation please visite [link deleted]

Last edited by Ptrope; March 18 2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Post is advertising for external business or website - user warned for spamming
Old April 18 2008, 09:01 AM   #139
c5maier
Commander

New animated (fan) episodes in the offing - kewl. I always like attention being given to TAS and I hope this will help raise interest in your project as well.
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2008, 01:20 AM   #140
Ptrope
Agitator

Just thought I'd post this, since it will undoubtedly figure in my creation of Spock (this is actually the original Vulcan image I used for the figure in my June forum challenge entry):

I need to work on the texture somewhat, to eliminate where the original reddish color of the lips bleeds out of the material zone - more just a matter of adjusting the overall tone of the texture map, since the green cast here is added under the normal fleshy texture map. And, yes, Spock is going to get green lips, in keeping with his green blood .

The black eyes are not for the project - I wanted them that way for the composition image. (not knowing at the time that I was going to invert it, in the end)

Last edited by Ptrope; May 16 2009 at 03:21 AM.
Ptrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2008, 04:12 AM   #141
Kagan
Commodore

Ptrope wrote: View Post
The black eyes are not for the project - I wanted them that way for the composition image. (not knowing at the time that I was going to invert it, in the end)
Soooo....are the eyes going to have green blood vessels and the eyelid edges...will they be green cast as well. If so, that makes you one kewl dude!
Old June 27 2008, 01:46 PM   #142
Ptrope
Agitator

Yep, the 'soft parts' will be colored accordingly - hey, if Filmation can eliminate the whites of the characters' eyes entirely, it's no less 'non-canon' to make them appear to be biologically unique and not just California actors in makeup
Old June 27 2008, 08:42 PM   #143
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

Wow! That's amazing! Can't wait to see more.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 01:37 AM   #144
Redfern
Commodore

Say, Ptrope? Someone inquired about your project and I intended to share the link you post within your signature line. Unfortunately, it seems to access nothing more than a "holding Page". Did the site "expire"? And reviewing this thread, many of the renders you hotlinked from your domain no longer appear, possibly due to same issue, whatever it may be.

Can you provide a "heads up"?

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 02:43 AM   #145
Kirk1980
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Kirk1980 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirk1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Kirk1980

Yeah, now I'm intrigued to wonder what's going on here myself!

Let's see what's out there...
Kirk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 03:23 AM   #146
Ptrope
Agitator

Thanks for the heads-up, Redfern - you've always got my back! I changed my web host, and even though the paths were right, the new host is case-sensitive, unlike the previous one, so "images" is not the same thing as "Images." I've tried to fix all the image links I could find. Hey, it's almost like a whole new thread now!
Old May 17 2009, 04:43 PM   #147
Q2UnME
Commodore

Ptrope, the link in your sig. still does not work....

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2009, 11:56 PM   #148
Redfern
Commodore

Since two scenes in "The Time Trap" take place within engineering (the first when the Klingon Kara places the bomb behind a hardware access panel and the second when Spock and Scotty discover the capsule), obviously that section of the ship will have to be depicted. Now, Ptrope will probably want to go with his own model-work, a "wild" set that can have bulkheads and components moved about for maximum cinematography.

However, just to get a rough idea how such a "stage set" might appear, allow me to present two shots using a model constructed by one Alt1701. I replaced the supplied "binocular island" with a slightly more accurate one modeled by Xcalpro, and to fill some of the "wasted" deck-plan, I included his "dynamo" units, those huge hardware "blocks" used more during the first season. The engineering staff are all based upon the Poser 4 male figure. (Cary L. Brown uses a Polo shirted version to represent scale in his latest Enterprise modeling project.)

No, this isn't an official part of Ptrope's project. Consider them nothing more than unsolicited "conceptual" renders.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2009, 03:04 AM   #149
Ptrope
Agitator

A couple more great renders of this set, Redfern! I continue to be impressed by how good it looks, and it's most likely what will be used for the project.

Let me add, too, especially after how long this project has gone virtually (no pun intended) nowhere, that I've never intended to do this alone, nor to build all the sets; I've just been building the ones that I thought needed to be built, and shared them with the rest of the community, because I've always seen this as a community project. Think of me as "the director/producer"; it's always been my hope to bring together volunteers who have skills far greater than mine, and who all share my enthusiasm for the idea of recreating the visual aspects of "The Time Trap" (and, if that succeeds, maybe more episodes) in 3D, for release back to the fan community. I know almost nothing about animation, so I hope to gather those who do have the skills, the time and the enthusiasm; the same goes for those who wish to model the sets and props that are unique to "The Time Trap" and want to contribute that to a larger project capable of demonstrating the viability of updating the animation of TAS to modern standards. For now, the website is offline (I've updated my sig so the link no longer leads one to a brick - or any wall), but I am working to completely revamp it so it can function as it was intended, as a community clearing house and project management tool, as well as simply a place to discuss Trek and relax, someplace where folks can volunteer and contribute, where elements can be discussed, assigned, explored and tested, ultimately to result in the first episode of "Star Trek: Reanimated." Who knows - maybe someone associated with Filmation will find a way to put us in touch with the original recordings so the best quality of the soundtrack can be achieved - but first, we'll need to produce something that moves . And that's my responsibility - to create a proof of concept so maybe folks will want to join in and show me and everyone else how it should and can be done.

Last edited by Ptrope; May 18 2009 at 04:44 AM.
Ptrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2009, 06:32 PM   #150
Ptrope
Agitator

Inspired by Redfern's post above, I've started 'upgrading' alt1701's already-excellent engineering set to what I'm calling the '4th season'; this is the direction I hope to take the set for "The Time Trap," even though the scene which takes place here is a short one. As with the modification to the bridge (the MSD over the engineering station), these changes assume a 4th season with an expanded budget; in a way, it's also a response to Trek XI - rather than relabeling a brewery as 'engineering,' I thought it would be an interesting exercise to start with the right set, and add a bit more mechanical detailing to it, so that the pipes and catwalks actually related to familiar areas and weren't just there to look like a lot of, well, pipes and catwalks. This is just a WIP, not the finished piece, but it's an idea of how this room might've looked if Matt Jefferies had been tasked with making it look a little more 'industrial.' (the lighting, btw, is only for mood, not for actual use )

The bulk of the set is still alt1701's, but I've replaced the bulkhead, ceiling and the central island (which now has some additional detail, as well, as evidenced by this short AVI), as well as adding the various pipes and conduits above and below, breaking through the floor so that the island is now clearly part of a system that continues below-deck, and adding the 'tower' that continues up through the ceiling. I still need to build the framework for the catwalk, add a monitoring station at the end of it (there's got to be some reason for it to be there, right ?), and open up the upper decks where the catwalk stairs connect; there's also the entire forward section to detail. But it's a start!