Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 15 2008, 07:50 PM   #226
Wouter2
Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I've been reading a lot of stuff about what the prophecy has said, and I wonder if we should be throwing that prophecy out the window. I also wonder if maybe the Hybrid is more than that and is really the 5th cylon.
Old June 15 2008, 09:06 PM   #227
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

AJBryant wrote: View Post
I'm kinda surprised Adama didn't wrek his ship model again.
Just before he started wrecking his desktop, I said "Dude, you need to break something."

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 15 2008, 09:38 PM   #228
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
^Is it? I thought all the Pythia scripture talked about Kobol being the place where man and the gods briefly lived together in harmony--implying that man came from somewhere else before that.
According to the Battlestar Wiki, Elosha said in "Kobol's Last Gleaming":

"This place is Kobol... birthplace of mankind, where the gods and men lived in paradise until the exodus of the thirteen tribes."
So maybe the whole thing is what it is, what we see is literally how it is, this is the 13th tribe, Earth, and they met their death. The entire 13th tribe, us, Gone.

So the 13 tribes go out, 12 make it to a system with a lot of planets and settle there, the colonies. The 13th really is lost, but over the thousands of years we of course develop to our current level of technology. Then something happens and we are all wipped out. Perhaps it was even the Cylons who wiped us out, whatever the cast, Earth is no longer habitable. So now they have to go find a new planet to settle on.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old June 15 2008, 09:55 PM   #229
USS KG5
Vice Admiral

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I've been reading a lot of stuff about what the prophecy has said, and I wonder if we should be throwing that prophecy out the window. I also wonder if maybe the Hybrid is more than that and is really the 5th cylon.
- You aren't going to stop spouting that Boomer stuff are you! Kudos to you sir, kudos!
Old June 15 2008, 10:04 PM   #230
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
It's not Earth...it's Terra!!!!!!!
Some have been seriously suggesting that....

Emh wrote: View Post
It's not Earth...it's Counter-Earth, an identical twin in the same orbit, but on the opposite side of the sun!
Oh, so it's Mondas! Watch out for the Cybermen!
Sounds like either Marvel or Doctor Who has been copying the other....
Am I the only person who ever caught rernuns of Land of the Giants?

O, the tenth planet predates it. Never mind.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Old June 15 2008, 10:16 PM   #231
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
^Is it? I thought all the Pythia scripture talked about Kobol being the place where man and the gods briefly lived together in harmony--implying that man came from somewhere else before that.
According to the Battlestar Wiki, Elosha said in "Kobol's Last Gleaming":

"This place is Kobol... birthplace of mankind, where the gods and men lived in paradise until the exodus of the thirteen tribes."
So maybe the whole thing is what it is, what we see is literally how it is, this is the 13th tribe, Earth, and they met their death. The entire 13th tribe, us, Gone.

So the 13 tribes go out, 12 make it to a system with a lot of planets and settle there, the colonies. The 13th really is lost, but over the thousands of years we of course develop to our current level of technology. Then something happens and we are all wipped out. Perhaps it was even the Cylons who wiped us out, whatever the cast, Earth is no longer habitable. So now they have to go find a new planet to settle on.
Since the Five are said to have been to Earth, I think it's logical to conclude they are actually from the Earth. So, either the 13th tribe was human, developed Cylons, and had a Cylon War or the whole tribe was Cylon. Personally, I lean toward the latter theory.

I'm also wondering now if the trajectories of the Five as the survivors of the war on Earth and the trajectories of the Colonials follow the same path, but in literally the opposite directions.

What the Colonials have done is, after being wiped out on the Colonies, leave for Earth. They have assumed that Earth was human. Put another way, they have assumed that they 13th tribe is a people like themselves.

Well, let's suppose that the Five are the survivors of the disaster on Earth who either left in bodies or found a way to transmit themselves through the stars as pure data (which could explain the Virtuals). Maybe they left Earth to find the 12 Colonies, assuming that they would find people like themselves, but not human, Cylon.

This could explain Cylon evolution after the war in a very simple way. If the Five met the Cylons in that period between the end of the First War and the Attack on the Colonies, it could be that they assumed the Cylons were the colonists, that is "people like themselves." They found them to be primitive machines with a hybrid, so they set about giving them the ability to evolve into skinjobs by giving information to the hybrid which in turn instructed the others, with the ultimate intention being to join them by incarnating into five of the resulting models that were developed.

That would fit with the idea on both sides that they need to survive by repopulating their respective races and each side assuming (mistakenly) that the other tribe/tribes would be like themselves.

But the Five were mistaken, insofar as they found people like themselves, Cylons, but they were not the people on the Colonies. The Cylons (the ones they found) having, you know free will and all, decided to use their newfound evolutionary advantage to destroy the Makers. The Five may have escaped, or maybe one of them (the first one out when the time came) took the others and ran off and found the Colonies and then hid there.

So, what the Five wound up doing was, maybe, restarting the ages old feud between the gods and man, or rather Machines and Man, which had its roots all the way back on Kobol. It played out on Earth in either a Cylon Civil War or a Human/Cylon war and it played out again on the Colonies in the First and later Second Cylon Wars. What has happened before will continue to happen again until the two sides decide to work together and live in harmony.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old June 15 2008, 10:22 PM   #232
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

It didn't look like early Earth. It looked like the city was pretty advanced. I wonder if just over the horizon is a huge army of robot cylons ready to wipe them out.
Old June 15 2008, 10:24 PM   #233
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

By the way, I'm surprised nobody else noticed this...

It appears Tigh had selected Dee to be his XO. That makes sense since she was Lee's XO on Pegasus.

And then when Tigh was arrested and Adama was a basketcase, who do we see standing next to Lee? Dee

So, was Dee in command of Galactica during that period?

After Adama retakes his command, Dee was the one who oversaw the jump to Earth.

Perhaps this is what will catapult her into that major storyline that we've been told about for the back half. Will she wind up being the new XO if Tigh resigns? Or will that fall to Helo, with Starbuck as the new CAG?

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old June 15 2008, 11:11 PM   #234
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
AJBryant wrote: View Post
I'm kinda surprised Adama didn't wrek his ship model again.
Just before he started wrecking his desktop, I said "Dude, you need to break something."
At that point, I was literally saying, "Somebody hide the ship!"
Old June 16 2008, 12:30 AM   #235
spocklives
Fleet Captain

Excellent.

Good enough to get me out of forum retirement for a short while - and that says something. Closing off a season (I hate all that 4.0 and 4.5 crap) that has been slow and reflective, it was refreshing to see that the creative team behind this show can still churn out a spectacular finale.

However, that ending had a strange effect on me: it got me completely depressed. So depressed in fact, that I'm not entirely sure I can handle watching the remaining episodes of BSG. The fact RDM chose to throw the imagery of a dead Earth at us, seconds after the greatest display of euphoria in the show's history, made me realize just how bad things can still get in the future. I'm starting to think this show crossed the line from "Gritty" to being plain mean-spirited.

And about the Final Cylon, go back and watch the scene where Baltar comes to talk De'ana out of facing off with the Humans. Watch her expression as he enters the control room.

He is the Final Cylon.

FUCK BRAGA.

Old June 16 2008, 12:38 AM   #236
David cgc
Vice Admiral

spocklives wrote: View Post
And about the Final Cylon, go back and watch the scene where Baltar comes to talk De'ana out of facing off with the Humans. Watch her expression as he enters the control room.

He is the Final Cylon.
I think she just still loves him (remember where they're relationship left off), so found his visit a pleasant surprise.

Wait, that reminds me: Is she ever going to tell him what he was right about? Those were her last words in the Temple of Five.
Old June 16 2008, 01:54 AM   #237
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Perhaps this is what will catapult her into that major storyline that we've been told about for the back half. Will she wind up being the new XO if Tigh resigns?
I would think so. Dee (and Helo) both stayed on board the respective battlestars instead of settling on New Caprica. They've done their time. It makes sense. They're both capable officers, Dee especially. She seems very by the book.

Oh, after finally seeing the episode--grade EXCELLENT with a few quibbles. This one really knocked me on my ass with that ending, and I can't say I wasn't expecting it. What I didn't expect was that Galactica doesn't have at least two lines on its intercom system.

Great, great, superb character work all around. Can I praise Michael Hogan any more than anyone else has? That confession was a moment of supreme courage for the character, and he makes me believe how much this crotchety old one eyed man loves Bill Adama. Saul's more tormented by hurting his friend than by being a cylon at this point. That's the kind of character ladened relationships we need--not endless shipping like we had during season three. I bought it when he looked at Lee and asked him what he was waiting for, just do it. I love you, Saul Tigh. I can even forgive you for knocking up that genocidal cylon, Caprica. That's quite a leap for me.

James Callis did excellent work, though his cylon Jesus routine wears thin. Thanks for not murdering me, Laura, indeed. You'd better thank her, you twit. Laura was luminous as always. Olmos did his breakdown scenes justice. It makes sense that Bill was pushed past his limits by Saul. Saul being a cylon not only shocks, it hurts. EJO gave us that hurt and then some. Did anyone else feel like a peeping tom watching Lee assure his father he'd take care of it when Bill was wailing that he couldn't kill the son of a bitch? That was as intimate a father/son moment as you'll ever see. Bamber and Olmos bring it. They are so good. Three years later, one mutiny, and an accusation of cowardice later, I still buy they love each other more than life. Sometimes they hate each other, but the father/son bond never wavers. More rich characterization to lick off a spoon.

It kicked ass to see Lee kicking some ass and be willing to push the button. No, you deal with me. Of course it's not too late. They still have 12 episodes. There's plenty of time for him to gain 100 pounds and be a pussy over Starbuck again. Can you tell I hated season three?

Nice episode. The looks on those faces at the end. Pure despair. Ouch

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old June 16 2008, 02:03 AM   #238
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

Here's a question.

If the Cylons and humans are going to be buddy-buddy now, and if Earth is all nuked and dead, why not just go back to KOBOL? It's a garden of a world, and there are apparently few enough humans and Cylons left to be a population problem.

Tony
Old June 16 2008, 02:16 AM   #239
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I thought of that, but do they have enough supplies to get back? Maybe the rebel cylons do. That would serve to establish some good will. They can't get any food or fresh water from Earth, and the algae planet is nuked. No more yummy high protein algae mash. Don't the cylons believe if you die on Kobol, there's no afterlife?

However, Kobol does seem the only alternative, doesn't it? Maybe it's the promised land of the scriptures. Head!Elosha said the prophets got some of it wrong.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old June 16 2008, 02:28 AM   #240
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Head!Elosha said the prophets got some of it wrong.
To make a distinction: She said the Ancients got some things wrong... not the prophecies themselves were wrong - both statements can hold true at once.

Sharr