Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 13 2008, 09:24 PM   #31
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

If there was a rating one notch higher than excellent, I would pick it. IMHO, this is the best episode since the evacuation/battle sequence of Exodus Part II. Brought tears to my eyes in several scenes and had me saying "holy shit" in several others. One amazing way of ending this half of the season. Kudos to all involved.
Old June 13 2008, 10:16 PM   #32
Warp Core Breach
Commodore

There's hardly any way this couldn't be an excellent. The ending was truly something to behold.
Old June 13 2008, 10:28 PM   #33
DanCPA
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA

Warp Core Breach wrote: View Post
There's hardly any way this couldn't be an excellent. The ending was truly something to behold.
The whole episode was great! SOrry to say this, but this would have been better as a 90 min episode!

My only regret is that we didn't get a real chance to see Cylon Tigh in command of Galactica
Old June 13 2008, 10:32 PM   #34
Warp Core Breach
Commodore

TighsEye wrote: View Post
The whole episode was great! SOrry to say this, but this would have been better as a 90 min episode!
Absolutely. They managed to cram a lot of "revelations" into 42 minutes. I wonder how much was left on the cutting room floor this time? But I have no complaints at all. Somehow, it worked and the pacing wasn't noticeably disturbed. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.
Old June 13 2008, 11:10 PM   #35
Ensign

Am I the only one who sat there thinking "Are they in Iowa or something? Oh, there's a car! Hey, that kinda looks like Manhattan. Oh, yeah, there's the Brooklyn Bridge. Holy crap." ?
Old June 13 2008, 11:23 PM   #36
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

^^^

On the SCi-Fi board many people there are convinced they were on Ellis Island andwere looking at a destroyed New York skyline.

The only thing I thought was a bit lame was Kara running through the Galactica to get to Lee and tell him about the Viper and the colonial signal coming from Earth. Why not call him? It just seemed unnecessary. On, well not that big of a deal.

Oh and Tory has turned into a real bitch since she became aware that she was Cylon.
Old June 13 2008, 11:29 PM   #37
Warp Core Breach
Commodore

Another favorite part that I don't think has been mentioned: The look on D'Anna's face at the end as she approaches Roslin and Adama. It seems like she's reaching out to them for answers now, and all of the other Cylons (except for the laughing dejected Tyrol ) seem equally lost.
Old June 13 2008, 11:34 PM   #38
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Oh and Tory has turned into a real bitch since she became aware that she was Cylon.
True... but I like her even more because of it. Strange that, or maybe not all that strange cause I'm also one of the few around who still like Roslin. I get over all where she's coming from and can grasp why she does what she does. Though I think she's a changed person as she reaches the end of her life.

I can see how this could have functioned as a series final but am also glad we'll get to explore the repercussions of what has been discovered here. Bet the series final flashes forward.

Oh, Dee is now off my list of Final Five suspects (was Geata on the surface?) she's had contact with Three. My new leaning is the last Cylon is the one who revived Kara, set her up with the cool vipers and has been pulling the strings from afar. Whomever it is ties in to the virtual-people.

Sharr
Old June 13 2008, 11:36 PM   #39
Magisterfrodo
Vice Admiral

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
^^^

On the SCi-Fi board many people there are convinced they were on Ellis Island andwere looking at a destroyed New York skyline..
Possible, but I hope not. Why does almost every post-apocalyptic movie or TV show have to use the New York skyline? I would think Ron Moore would be a little more original than that.
Old June 14 2008, 12:04 AM   #40
DanCPA
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
^^^

On the SCi-Fi board many people there are convinced they were on Ellis Island andwere looking at a destroyed New York skyline..
Possible, but I hope not. Why does almost every post-apocalyptic movie or TV show have to use the New York skyline? I would think Ron Moore would be a little more original than that.
Maybe he did LA! After all, that is where he works!
Old June 14 2008, 01:18 AM   #41
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
True... but I like her even more because of it.
Well, she does have more personality now for sure.

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
^^^

I don't think Moore would do something that cliched. Unless he was doing an homage to Planet of the Apes.
Old June 14 2008, 01:24 AM   #42
Lookingglassman
Admiral

Just a few more hours and it will be on! I cant wait to see it!
Old June 14 2008, 02:51 AM   #43
ialfan
Fleet Captain

Simply Excellent!

Did anyone else notice Dualla was on Earth with the Landing party while everyone else there was either a cylon or very important human?

I think that was a hint towards her being the final cylon.
Old June 14 2008, 03:33 AM   #44
zenophite
Rear Admiral

ialfan wrote: View Post
Simply Excellent!

Did anyone else notice Dualla was on Earth with the Landing party while everyone else there was either a cylon or very important human?

I think that was a hint towards her being the final cylon.
I think thats a bit of a reach. Deanna has seen them all - why would she emphasize that there are only 4 in the fleet? At best I think it's actually more of a hint that the final cylon was amongst the humans on the base ship (and hence not 'in the fleet') and the best candidate there is Baltar IMO.
Old June 14 2008, 03:34 AM   #45
zenophite
Rear Admiral

I don't think Moore would do something that cliched. Unless he was doing an homage to Planet of the Apes.
As soon as I heard the geiger counter and the bleak background I was actually repeating out loud "please not the statue of liberty" until the credits rolled.