To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old May 23 2008, 04:40 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Star Trek: Of Gods And Men: Part III

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, will conclude with the release of the third part in June.

As reported by Startrekofgodsandmen.com, June 15th will be the release day for the final part of Of Gods and Men which stars Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols and Alan Ruck (Captain John Harriman).

Of Gods and Men is set a dozen years after the disappearance of Captain James T. Kirk into the Nexus while trying to save the crew of the Enterprise-B. Three characters from that fateful trip, Chekov, Uhura and John Harriman, come together in Of Gods and Men for the dedication of a ship, but a distress call cuts short their reunion. Soon, they find themselves in a very different place in a parallel timeline due to the actions of Charlie Evans (Star Trek: Charlie X). An older and bitter Evans has found the means to take revenge against the man he blames for returning him to his jailers, namely James T. Kirk.

The third and final part of Of Gods and Men will feature a spectacular battle between Rebel and Galactic Order forces in addition to dealing with the personal dilemmas of the main characters in the film. The film promises "drama, action and suspense sure to please 'Star Trek' fans of all ages."

TrekMovie.com was able to obtain exclusive photos, including some battle scenes, one of Grace Lee Whitney, one with both Nichelle Nichols(Uhura) and William Wellman Jr.(Charlie X) and Herb Jefferson as Colonel Galt. They can be found here.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men was written by producer Sky Conway and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine freelance writers Jack Trevino (Little Green Men, Indiscretion) and Ethan H. Calk (Children of Time, Visionary).

To read more, head to the article located here.

Old May 23 2008, 12:26 PM   #2
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: Star Trek: Of Gods And Men: Part III

I can't help but to wonder, is this third part going to suck as bad as the previous parts? Cuz that may just create a black hole of suckiness.
Old May 23 2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
I can't help but to wonder, is this third part going to suck as bad as the previous parts? Cuz that may just create a black hole of suckiness.
QFT
Old May 23 2008, 06:33 PM   #4
ancient
Vice Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
For some reason this made me laugh. Surprise value I guess.

I haven't seen this fan movie, my computer's too slow and I'm not about to do a 20 hr download for a fanfic. Yay tele-net!
Old May 26 2008, 11:34 PM   #5
Aragorn
Admiral

If you get around to watching this, the Uhura voiceover near the beginning where she awkwardly states the status of everyone who's NOT in this fan film tells you all you need to know.
Old May 28 2008, 12:32 PM   #6
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

I'm always torn by fan fiction like this - on the one hand, those people are putting a lot of time and effort into getting their vision onto the screen and they have to be applauded for that.

On the other hand, I then watch about five minutes and think "man this SUCKS!", "wow - those actors are reduced to THIS?"
Old June 6 2008, 07:02 PM   #7
Kaziarl
Commodore

For all of your negative comments, try to remember one thing. These guys are working on a far smaller budget then is available to paramount. They don't have the fancy editing systems for sound, they don't have the massive computer banks for cg, and for all that, they did a fairly deacent job.