Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old May 23 2008, 06:54 AM   #91
M
Vice Admiral

Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
Stop reading my mind! I thought about the exact same addition to the "ship". No kidding.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
Old May 23 2008, 06:54 AM   #92
ITL
Vice Admiral

I must bow down in worship. Youse guys made the awesome possible. It really doesn't get better than that.

Old May 23 2008, 07:00 AM   #93
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Stop reading my mind! I thought about the exact same addition to the "ship". No kidding.

Maybe when Anthony does the write-up, he should include a compendium on all the variations that are starting to appear.
Old May 23 2008, 07:01 AM   #94
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

Great.. er.. twisted minds think alike .. It just seemed like the only thing missing
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
Old May 23 2008, 07:16 AM   #95
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

This must be what it feels like to be Matt Jefferies. Does that make Sam Gene Roddenberry?

I think we must patent this immediately. Those paramount bean counters are probably working on an Enterprise with detachable Pez dispensers as we speak.
Old May 23 2008, 09:13 AM   #96
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

jon1701 wrote: View Post
Does that make Sam Gene Roddenberry?

I think I am as equally loved and hated as Roddenberry is, just by far less people.

And I'm going to have to upgrade to the Cookie Monster version, as well. That came out far better than I could have ever imagined. Incredible work to all involved, especially NCC-1701, who knocked it out of the ballpark.
Old May 23 2008, 09:23 AM   #97
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
ncredible work to all involved, especially NCC-1701, who knocked it out of the ballpark.
We'll have to remember to get our tuxes pressed for the inevitable call to the Photoshoppy Awards.
Old May 23 2008, 09:28 AM   #98
M
Vice Admiral

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
We'll have to remember to get our tuxes pressed for the inevitable call to the Photoshoppy Awards.
So we're not going naked?

especially NCC-1701, who knocked it out of the ballpark.
Well, there wouldn't be an animation without the input of all of you guys. And I thank you for that. (Note to self: Incorporate that sentence in the acceptance speech at the Photoshoppy Awards.)
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
Old May 23 2008, 09:38 AM   #99
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

especially NCC-1701, who knocked it out of the ballpark.
Well, there wouldn't be an animation without the input of all of you guys. And I thank you for that. (Note to self: Incorporate that sentence in the acceptance speech at the Photoshoppy Awards.)
At some point, we'll have to break it down as to who is responsible for each individual element, because history will want to know.

But for now, it is a product of all of our love of Star Trek.

I think we will all be getting a PM from J.J. Abrams within the next 24 hours.

Not only will he see the error of his ways for not allowing this movie to be made by committee, but most importantly, we have found a way to include Shatner in the film without violating canon.
Old May 23 2008, 09:47 AM   #100
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

I think we will all be getting a PM from J.J. Abrams within the next 24 hours.
I can guarantee it. I have connections on the inside. As you well know, "Sam." BWAHAHAHAHA!
Old May 23 2008, 10:06 AM   #101
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Wait, what was I thinking?

If I'm assuming the Gene Roddenberry role here, I will be handling the acceptance speech. Please, the rest of you, get out of my way.

"I, Samuel T. Cogley, want to thank all of you for this lovely award. I can honestly say that the entire thing was my idea, and I did it all myself, with no help from anyone. It represents my unchanging vision of the future, which will not change. Also, you can buy pins featuring this design in the lobby. My wife makes them in her spare time. Now, can I get a drink already? And who's that hottie in the front row..."
Old May 23 2008, 10:15 AM   #102
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Wait, what was I thinking?

If I'm assuming the Gene Roddenberry role here, I will be handling the acceptance speech. Please, the rest of you, get out of my way.

"I, Samuel T. Cogley, want to thank all of you for this lovely award. I can honestly say that the entire thing was my idea, and I did it all myself, with no help from anyone. It represents my unchanging vision of the future, which will not change. Also, you can buy pins featuring this design in the lobby. My wife makes them in her spare time. Now, can I get a drink already? And who's that hottie in the front row..."
And I'll be writing a searing expose about you 40 years from now. Plus, the next time you take a vacation to the beach at employee insistence? Expect phone calls implying you fathered an illegitimate child.
Old May 23 2008, 10:18 AM   #103
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

People, we'll be famous!
Dude, the word you're looking for is "infamous"
"...Infamy, Infamy...they've all got it infamy...."
Old May 23 2008, 10:18 AM   #104
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

AlboOfBorg wrote: View Post
Should the "re-imagined" NCC-1701 have blue warp nacells as the Enterprise NX-01 and C through E have? I'd personally like to see it.
Yes.
Old May 23 2008, 10:19 AM   #105
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

I've hardly done any work this morning.

Its a good job its friday.
Closed Thread