Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2008, 09:45 PM   #31
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

jon1701 wrote: View Post
Ok, Worf added as well as the Knight Rider L.E.D. light at the front. I think we are getting close now. I think this is what we are going to get in the new movie. The deflector dish is in front of Worf's face, but I didn't want to run without the deflector. I'm not sure whether it would be safe.

Can Worf's face deflect asteriods and space debris?

I'm thinking of submitting it to the Trek Art Forum

Can we move the deflector dish down a bit? Like Worf is holding it with his teeth?

And can we have an actual Pez candy (or approximation) being shot out of Shatner's mouth (but not obscuring his face?).

This is really coming together.

Thank God we still have a year until the movie comes out. I only hope it's enough time to get this right.

Last edited by M'Sharak; May 22 2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: stretchy
Old May 22 2008, 09:49 PM   #32
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

This is why fan input is so vital!
Old May 22 2008, 09:52 PM   #33
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

^ I think it would be nice if we hung some Christmas lights around the edges of the saucer section. You know - give it that festive touch.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
Old May 22 2008, 10:14 PM   #34
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

PKTrekGirl wrote: View Post
^ I think it would be nice if we hung some Christmas lights around the edges of the saucer section.
Let's run that through Canon-Check (TM):

"The energizer is bypassed like a christmas tree, so don't give me any bumps." - Scotty

Yep. We're good. Add them.
Old May 22 2008, 10:17 PM   #35
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Moving the deflector into Worf's teeth makes him look rather shocked, which isn't very becoming of a warrior. Other ammendments as suggested. Expect an update with legs and vectoring nacelles.

[EDIT] PICTURE REMOVED AS GEP MALAKAI'S WAS BETTER

I have printed out my design and sent it off to J.J. Abrams. C/O Paramount Pictures, USA.

I have written a very nice letter which I have signed in my own blood. Its slightly threatening in tone, but I think I get my point across.

Last edited by Jon1701; May 22 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old May 22 2008, 10:23 PM   #36
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

What if you moved the deflector dish over so it looked like an eye-patch. That's tough, right? Like Chang?

I have written a very nice letter which I have signed in my own blood. Its slightly threatening in tone, but I think I get my point across.
I'm filling out a writ of habeus corpus for you right now, so we'll be ready if anything goes wrong. As long as you don't end up in Guantanamo Bay, you're good.

I'm just going to assume that jon1701 is your real name...

Last edited by Samuel T. Cogley; May 22 2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old May 22 2008, 10:35 PM   #37
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Its Jon "Danger" 1701.

Yes, danger is my middle name. My mother got a very strange look when she registered my birth.
Old May 22 2008, 10:38 PM   #38
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Moving the deflector into Worf's teeth makes him look rather shocked, which isn't very becoming of a warrior. Other ammendments as suggested. Expect an update with legs and vectoring nacelles.

I have printed out my design and sent it off to J.J. Abrams. C/O Paramount Pictures, USA.

Oh bloody hell, you beat me to it.

Oh well. Here's my take on it, at any rate:

Now with flames! Because flames are kewl.
Old May 22 2008, 10:41 PM   #39
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

I think we need to color-coordinate those Christmas lights with the nacelles and pez pellets. Lets see some of those colored light strings...and give us a little loop to them. It would rock if they glittered...but I don't know how talented you are with animated .gifs

Perhaps we need to move back the submission date to the Trek Art Forum? It's tough to find good Christmas lights in May.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
Old May 22 2008, 10:41 PM   #40
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Gep, that shits all over mine.

Much better.

Just need the legs now. And can someone animate the vectoring nacelles? As a gif perhaps?

Really starting to come together now. We'll show those bastards at paramount.

Last edited by Jon1701; May 22 2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old May 22 2008, 10:45 PM   #41
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post

Oh bloody hell, you beat me to it.

Oh well. Here's my take on it, at any rate:

Now with flames! Because flames are kewl.
There you go! That's what I'm talking about!!!

The flames look kewl. Let's let Cogley run 'em through the Canon-Check ("Captain! The engines are on fire!" ought to do it....but he's the expert on TOS canon. I'm the DS9 Babe....)...but we are making progress here, I think!

Old May 22 2008, 10:47 PM   #42
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Gep, that shits all over mine. I rushed the last update.

Much better.
Why, thank you. *wishes we had a blushing emoticon*

I saved the .psd file of it, which I could host if anybody wants; that way, we could all work off a master file without further .jpg degridation. You know. Like the pros.

Edit: What the hell. Here it is.

Just need the legs now. And can someone animate the vectoring nacelles? As a gif perhaps?

Really starting to come together now. We'll show those bastards at paramount.
I've never done an animated gif, but I'm game if somebody could point me in the direction of some tutorials.. Let's get those revisionist Paramount bastards!
Old May 22 2008, 10:49 PM   #43
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Flames are definately canon. Deflector dishes protruding through the face of a lead cast member are borderline I would think.

I'm not sure about the Pez dispenser. I think I saw McCoy use one in "A Private Little War", but my TOS Season 2 knowledge is a little shaky.
Old May 22 2008, 10:50 PM   #44
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

[quote=Gep Malakai;1666790]
I've never done an animated gif, but I'm game if somebody could point me in the direction of some tutorials.. Let's get those revisionist Paramount bastards!
Where the hell is Belar (NCC-1701)when we need him? That guy is the friggin' MASTER of the animated .gif

Someone needs to round him up and get him in here. We MUST have twinkling lights and vectoring nacelles!

Last edited by CindyLouWho; May 22 2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 22 2008, 10:53 PM   #45
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Flames are definately canon. Deflector dishes protruding through the face of a lead cast member are borderline I would think.

I'm not sure about the Pez dispenser. I think I saw one in "A Private Little War", but my TOS Season 2 is a little shaky.
Well, it turns out there was a PEZ dispenser gun. It's entirely possible the landing parties were outfitted with PEZ dispensing phasers and tricorders, too.

Just something to keep in mind.
Closed Thread