Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old May 7 2008, 07:11 PM   #391
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Re: Ratings are in !

stonester1 wrote: View Post
Don't care.

Yeah, me too.

Don't care.
Old May 7 2008, 08:59 PM   #392
Darth_Pinche
Captain

Here here! Call it selfish, but as long as the rest of the episodes are aired and later on dvd, I don't give a shit what the rating are. The US public are dipshits mostly so they will never really watch quality programming. It is easier to forget about the war going on by watching dancing competitions.
Old May 8 2008, 09:05 PM   #393
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Cyrus wrote: View Post
These ratings are not good. But it doesn't matter. It may not bode well for any potential spin-offs, but they will finish the BSG series as planned.
Caprica is getting the Green light

How's nuBSG doing overseas ?

Its a Great British flop

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...rss&feed=media
The eighth episode of the new series of the BBC1 crime drama, starring Trevor Eve and Sue Johnston, attracted 6.1 million viewers....
..Channel 4's Grand Designs Live attracted 1.9 million viewers...BBC2's documentary Age of Terror attracted 1 million...US drama Battlestar Galactica brought 236,000 viewers and a multichannel share of 1.2% to Sky One in the 9pm hour
Old May 8 2008, 09:15 PM   #394
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

c'mon MOO
at this point in time does it really matter what the ratings are?

I have the answer for you right here:

NO!
Old May 8 2008, 10:06 PM   #395
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

The Master of Omission strikes again.
Old May 9 2008, 09:40 AM   #396
Bishbot
Fleet Captain

TheMasterOfOrion wrote: View Post
These ratings are not good. But it doesn't matter. It may not bode well for any potential spin-offs, but they will finish the BSG series as planned.

Its a Great British flop

The eighth episode of the new series of the BBC1 crime drama, starring Trevor Eve and Sue Johnston, attracted 6.1 million viewers....
..Channel 4's Grand Designs Live attracted 1.9 million viewers...BBC2's documentary Age of Terror attracted 1 million...US drama Battlestar Galactica brought 236,000 viewers and a multichannel share of 1.2% to Sky One in the 9pm hour
Dude, shut up! No-one here cares. No-one. If there was a chance at Season 5 we might be watching the ratings, but there isn't, we know there isn't, the show is ending in 15 episodes time so the ratings mean absolutely fuck all. I'm just happy that enough people I know like and appreciate the show both here and in real life that I get to talk about it each week, that's enough.
Old May 9 2008, 08:13 PM   #397
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

Bishbot wrote: View Post
TheMasterOfOrion wrote: View Post

Its a Great British flop

Dude, shut up! No-one here cares. No-one. If there was a chance at Season 5 we might be watching the ratings, but there isn't, we know there isn't, the show is ending in 15 episodes time so the ratings mean absolutely fuck all. I'm just happy that enough people I know like and appreciate the show both here and in real life that I get to talk about it each week, that's enough.
BBC1 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

BBC2 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

ITV1 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

C4 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

C5 - in 95% OF UK HOMES

Sky One - is a paid-for cable/broadband service, and it's coverage is even smaller now Virgin Media is no longer showing this channel due to a falling out (just after BSG's "Unfinished Business").

C4 has consitantly been getting Sky's cast-offs (SG-1 and Atlantis after Sky has shown them) and even though officially repeats, the figures for these shows are higher on Channel 4 than Sky, the same for Heroes, which was shown first on Sci-Fi channel (UK), then "repeated" by BBC 2.
Old May 9 2008, 11:27 PM   #398
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Now, I don't care much about ratings but it looks to me that this season is doing better than last season. I'm glad to see that more people are getting to see this excellent show.
Old May 27 2008, 01:14 PM   #399
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Never Cry Werewolf 1.3
Aztec Rex 1.2

Battlestar Galactica 1.2
Ghost Hunters 1.1
ECW 1.1
Hybrid 0.9
Doctor Who 0.9
Children of the Grave 0.9
Eureka 0.8
Resident Evil: Apocalypse 0.8
Old May 27 2008, 03:27 PM   #400
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

oh wow monkeys!!!!!
Old May 27 2008, 06:59 PM   #401
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

I had a feeling this thread would get bumped after the post I made in that "Does Season Four suck?" thread.

Anyway, BSG is now back to the same level as season 3. The new viewers who were sampling the show are gone, so it's just us hardcore dudes left.
Old May 27 2008, 08:05 PM   #402
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

So this thread was brought back up to show Monkeys? Yeah, it's time to close this damn thing down.
Old May 27 2008, 09:02 PM   #403
sidious618
Admiral

MasterofOrion seems to think that ratings=quality. If that's true then I'm sure he'll agree that Farscape sucked as it was canceled due to low ratings (and don't give me any BS stories about why it was canned).
Old May 27 2008, 09:03 PM   #404
sidious618
Admiral

I had a feeling this thread would get bumped after the post I made in that "Does Season Four suck?" thread.

Anyway, BSG is now back to the same level as season 3. The new viewers who were sampling the show are gone, so it's just us hardcore dudes left.
Accoding to SyFy Portal ratings are up a bit, actually.

Not that it bloody matters.
Old May 27 2008, 09:07 PM   #405
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
MasterofOrion seems to think that ratings=quality.
He doesn't think that.

He just tries to find anything negative towards BSG, no matter how irrelevant or obscure, and then uses it to bump old threads (the more negative the title of the thread, the better).

My earlier thread (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=54328&highlight=ratings) demonstrated that most fans do not care about the ratings. This thread is just for Masterof Orion. This is how he gets his kicks.