Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 30 2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Agent Richard07
Admiral

How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

There are spoilers ahead for the episode of How I Met Your Mother that aired on April 21st, so consider yourself warned.

So anyway, as you know, Barney slept with Robin. Do you think they should get into a full blown relationship at some point? I'd love to see something like that. I've been hoping for awhile now that Barney would ultimately end up with Robin. What would be even more interesting is if we find out that Robin is pregnant with Barney's kid. That would be one hell of an eye-popping moment and would no doubt add something interesting to the show.

What are your thoughts on the matter of Barney and Robin?
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2008, 11:25 PM   #2
kitkat
Admiral

Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

My assumption would be that they stay friends. But you never know, even He-Whores have to settle down some time, right?

Definitely a lot of comedic potential in there though.

Past, present and future walked into a bar...it was tense.
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

This was a tragedy. Robin is forever defiled, now that she's done it with the sleazeball Barney. Now we really know why Ted will never marry Robin.

This is one of those things that can NEVER be made right again. Well, there is one way, but it would require Barney giving his life for Ted or Robin.
Old May 1 2008, 03:18 AM   #4
Small White Car
Rear Admiral

View Small White Car's Twitter Profile

They never stated it directly, but I always got the strong feeling that Robin and Barney are married in the future. Just the way that Bob Saget talks about both of them in the future. It's nothing concrete, but it always felt that way to me.

So this development didn't surprise me at all. I am a bit surprised to see that there are people here who felt very much the opposite.
Small White Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 03:28 AM   #5
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Did anyone catch Future!Ted's comment about Robin in Monday's episode?

Part of his realization that the goat wasn't there for his 30th birthday was that it ate Robin's bath towels. As he realizes it, he says, "no, wait, Robin didn't live there back then," implying Robin moves into the apartment Ted, Lily, and Marshall currently live in sometime over the next year.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 03:44 AM   #6
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Small White Car wrote: View Post
They never stated it directly, but I always got the strong feeling that Robin and Barney are married in the future. Just the way that Bob Saget talks about both of them in the future. It's nothing concrete, but it always felt that way to me.

So this development didn't surprise me at all. I am a bit surprised to see that there are people here who felt very much the opposite.
I never got the impression from Future Ted that they were married, but I was hoping that they were.

shivkala wrote: View Post

Part of his realization that the goat wasn't there for his 30th birthday was that it ate Robin's bath towels. As he realizes it, he says, "no, wait, Robin didn't live there back then," implying Robin moves into the apartment Ted, Lily, and Marshall currently live in sometime over the next year.
When I saw the episode, I didn't catch enough of what Ted said to deduce that Robin will move in with him, but I did catch the "oh, it was my 31st birthday" bit and knew that it meant something important. I like it when the show throws out hints about what's yet to come.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 04:58 AM   #7
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Barney and Robin hooking up didn't totally appear out of the blue. We know they have great chemistry together as shown in the Battleship episode when Robin suited up and became Barney's wingman, and that Barney thinks she's hot without makeup on. Neither of them want to get married and settle down, so they work great together in that regard; a monogamous Barney might be kind of a hard sell though...

Future Ted has never mentioned the marital status of Future Barney and Future Robin, so it's not that farfetched to think they end up together.

As for the baby idea posted above, two words come to mind: Hell no.
Old May 1 2008, 04:58 AM   #8
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

When I saw the episode, I didn't catch enough of what Ted said to deduce that Robin will move in with him, but I did catch the "oh, it was my 31st birthday" bit and knew that it meant something important. I like it when the show throws out hints about what's yet to come.[/quote]

Yeah, I caught that, but hadn't absorbed the (or any) meaning from it. Well, I doubt the two will be a couple (romantically) again. Maybe, by Ted's 31st birthday, Marshall and Lily get their new place fixed and move into it. And somehow Robin ends up as Ted's roommate. How or why, at this point, is beyond me.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 04:00 PM   #9
TGTheodore
Writer

I pretty much agree with Robin moving in to Ted's apartment, but somehow think that Ted, Marshall and Lily won't be there.

Baby idea: really bad for Barney & Robin, possibly okay for Marshall & Lily once they move out and into their own place. Marshall staying home, and Lily working.

Although a Robin pregnancy scare might work for an episode or two.

--Ted (but not "that" Ted)

Last edited by TGTheodore; May 1 2008 at 07:48 PM.
TGTheodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Scout101
Admiral

Yeah, it definitely implied that a year from "now", Robin will be living in that apartment. There wasn't anything to say that Ted was there, though. She's either Ted's roommate, or Ted moved out and Robin took the apartment. I'd imagine they'd want to keep it because it's right above their favorite bar, so convenient as a central location.

Don't think it implies they are back together...

As for Barney and Robin, could go either way, I guess. Please no baby scares, though...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 06:23 PM   #11
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Good news guys... Sarah Chalke will actually be appearing as Stella in the next episode.
Old May 1 2008, 07:14 PM   #12
Tomato
Rear Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Good news guys... Sarah Chalke will actually be appearing as Stella in the next episode.

Personally I love the story line of Barney and Robin I think it goes into the whole theme of HIMYM of late 20 somethings growing up. You know the womanizer who falls in love etc.

I think it will make a great story line of Robin teaching Barney how to be in a relationship.

But like I've said before if CBS cancels this show so help for the love XENU I will burn their head quarters down.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2008, 03:02 AM   #13
shivkala
Rear Admiral

As I pointed out to my wife, there could be a degree of comedy in Robin moving into the apartment while Ted is living there. Think about Ted taking back a girl to his apartment, only to learn his ex lives with him.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2008, 03:11 AM   #14
Sheep
Vice Admiral

As I pointed out to my wife, there could be a degree of comedy in Robin moving into the apartment while Ted is living there. Think about Ted taking back a girl to his apartment, only to learn his ex lives with him.
They've already covered that ground whenever anyone Ted's dating finds out about him and Robin. Her living in Ted's apartment isn't going to do much beyond what we've already seen.
Old May 6 2008, 10:26 PM   #15
DanCPA
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA

Allow me to say that I love this show!

As for Robin living with Ted, I don't think it will be romantically with Ted. From episode 1, it's the story of how he met their "Aunt Robin"

As for Stella, I loved last night's episode! FIVE!