New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 78 73.58%
Above Average 23 21.70%
Average 4 3.77%
Below Average 1 0.94%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 25 2008, 04:08 AM   #31
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lost 4x09: "The Shape of Things to Come"

That was an awesome episode. Immensely great.

My opinions on Ben are begining to shift toward that maybe he is a "good guy" or at least "less of a bad guy than we've been led to believe."

And let's hear it for Lostzilla who was just greatly awesome tonight. And it was so sweet to see Sawyer getting all protective of Hurley.

"If you harm one hair on his curly head..."

Great, fantastic, episode.
Old April 25 2008, 04:09 AM   #32
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

Nah, big brother now Charlie is gone.
Old April 25 2008, 04:10 AM   #33
The Habs Fan
Commodore

And here I thought no episode would be able to beat the Desmond episode this season...

I obviously gave this episode an Excellent.

The only parts I didn't like:
- how did Claire survive her house being blown up when she was inside?
- why would Sawyer all of a sudden want to leave just when it sounds like he'll be getting some answers?

But overall, this is an excellent episode and it actually answered some mysteries (imagine that!)
Old April 25 2008, 04:10 AM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

Also, we FINALLY got to see the underground tunnels! Also, we got to see Cerebus do a whole new trick! Was anyone else reminded of Passover, which was just last Sunday? That was gorgeous, a swirling black lightning-crowned maelstrom of vengeance striking down the un-chosen. Biblical!

Now, the obvious answer is Ben can summon/control Cerebus, but I'd wager it's more complicated than that. I'd say he did something to get its attention, so it knew the sonic fence was down and was free to come in.

Why did Cerebus only attack the soldiers? Because they were the most "bad". It went after the sinners first, leaving the relatively pure free to escape. Sure, Locke and Sawyer and Ben are murderers but nothing compares to the soldiers.

Old April 25 2008, 04:10 AM   #35
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And let's hear it for Lostzilla who was just greatly awesome tonight. And it was so sweet to see Sawyer getting all protective of Hurley.

Sawyer is becoming a softie in his old age. I guess now that he finally killed the Real Sawyer, he can move on from his pain and be a better person?

...NNNAAAHHHH!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old April 25 2008, 04:11 AM   #36
timmay2411
Captain

So how did Ben find Jacob the first time if Hurley is the only one who can find it?

Why can't Ben kill Widmore? Part of the rules?

How did Ben get to the Sahara?
Old April 25 2008, 04:11 AM   #37
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Excellent. I didn’t even have to think about it. That was one of the show’s best episodes.

- Ben is my favourite character on the show and he really shone this week as one of the all-time great super villains that he is.

- We learned how Sayid came to work for Ben, but that smirk we saw tells us that he’s up to something. He’s using Sayid and he probably even had Nadia killed.

- Seeing the smoke monster activated was a pretty awesome sight. Makes me feel like calling it “Cerberus” now. Gotta show respect ya know.

- I was surprised and saddened to see Alex killed. She was a great girl and I’ll miss her. Given all the weird stuff we’ve been seeing, I guess they had to hammer home the fact that she really is dead. The actress will in fact appear again, just not in the present. I can at least look forward to that.

- I didn’t care about Jack’s tummy ache at first, but toward the end when we saw him again, I started to get a bit concerned. Can’t wait to see how that plays out next week. Maybe that’ll play a role in getting him off the island.

- The biggest wtf moment in the whole episode is something I’m saving for last. What was it? It was so big that I can’t abbreviate it. I just have to call it a “what the fuck” moment. It was right after the teaser when Ben appeared in the dessert. He teleported there. That was a pretty big revelation for the show. Gotta know more about that. I spent pretty much the whole hour with that in the back of my mind. Cool way to get off the island and travel about too. Yeah, he’s a great super villain alright.

Old April 25 2008, 04:11 AM   #38
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I find the war between Ben and Charles interesting.

I was so upset about Alex's death though.
Old April 25 2008, 04:13 AM   #39
Geck
Rear Admiral

Wow. Definitely excellent. I have minor gripes, but in terms of the big picture story telling, this was fantastic...I hope the rest of this season can keep up this pace. That final scene between Ben and Widmore was bone-chilling.

My only real problem is with the red-shirting, which made me roll my eyes. I've been wondering for most of this season where everybody else on the island who isn't part of the main cast disappeared to. There seemed to have been no extras. We finally see three of them tonight, and they're all killed within five seconds of each other. And from later scenes, oops, that looked to be all of them living with Locke & Co.! While of course, Sawyer is able to completely evade their previous precision shooting. And back at the beach, it's as usual, all the regulars + Bernard (AKA, Captain Plot Contrivance this week). Where do the other 25 or so people hide all day?!

I'm also still slightly bitter about the entire Rousseau clan getting killed off, but especially with Danielle. Alex's death tonight was emotional and did huge things for the story. I still feel Danielle was a waste. I would have liked to have seen HER reaction to finally reuniting with her daughter after 16 years, only to witness her getting shot in the head.

All that said, I really hope Michael Emerson wins an Emmy one of these days....
Old April 25 2008, 04:15 AM   #40
Mr Light
Admiral

Ah, I got it. Ben and Locke only murdered to protect the Island from invasion. Ben, from Dharma (daddy). Locke, from Naomi. Sawyer killed the wrong man and repented for it. As we learned with Eko, Cerebus forgives you if you ask for forgiveness, but if you don't he ices you. Obviously the soldiers wouldn't feel guilt or be asking the towering black smoke monster for forgiveness so were killed.

EDIT: Also, Hurley is a murderer! He killed Ryan in the 3rd season finale. And Ryan was an Other. But that was self-defense I guess.

Old April 25 2008, 04:16 AM   #41
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
- We learned how Sayid came to work for Ben, but that smirk we saw tells us that he’s up to something. He’s using Sayid and he probably even had Nadia killed.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He just played Sayid to become his number one soldier in his war with Widmore by doing the very thing that is driving Ben.

- Seeing the smoke monster activated was a pretty awesome sight. Makes me feel like calling it “Cerberus” now. Gotta show respect ya know.
Yeah, I think I'll have to call it Cerberus from now on. Lostzilla seems unworthy now.

- The biggest wtf moment in the whole episode is something I’m saving for last. What was it? It was so big that I can’t abbreviate it. I just have to call it a “what the fuck” moment. It was right after the teaser when Ben appeared in the dessert. He teleported there. That was a pretty big revelation for the show. Gotta know more about that. I spent pretty much the whole hour with that in the back of my mind. Cool way to get off the island and travel about too. Yeah, he’s a great super villain alright.
I knew I forgot something in my big list of HOLY SHIT! We suspected that was the case with the polar bear, but this seems to prove it.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old April 25 2008, 04:18 AM   #42
label
Vice Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Why did Cerebus only attack the soldiers? Because they were the most "bad". It went after the sinners first, leaving the relatively pure free to escape.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Great Episode! Very intense and a few jaw dropping moments. Killing Alex was stunning the way they did it....I still can't believe it.....and Ben really had a chance to shine here. His reaction to when they shot Alex was spot on and his show down with Widemore raised even more questions while answering a few. Just brilliant.

I can't think of a single complaint....really, this was one of the best episodes of Lost ever.

5/5
Old April 25 2008, 04:18 AM   #43
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Sawyer is becoming a softie in his old age. I guess now that he finally killed the Real Sawyer, he can move on from his pain and be a better person?
...NNNAAAHHHH!
I think the producers might finally be moving more towards statements made at the beginning of the show, about Jack and Sawyer essentially swapping sides on the "good" / "bad" axis.

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
why would Sawyer all of a sudden want to leave just when it sounds like he'll be getting some answers?
He wants Claire and Aaron to be with the other 815ers and he can't let them go traipsing through the jungle on their own, so he has no choice but to go with them. He also, of course, needs to be there for the next episode since it looks like Jack is going down for the count.

timmay2411 wrote: View Post
So how did Ben find Jacob the first time if Hurley is the only one who can find it?
I'd imagine that's a new situation that only came into existence after Hurley first saw the cabin. Remember how John tried to find it before heading to the barracks, but couldn't?

timmay2411 wrote: View Post
Why can't Ben kill Widmore? Part of the rules?
Ben said the rules had changed, so it's probably something more than just part of the rules.
Old April 25 2008, 04:18 AM   #44
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

I'm waiting on the appearance of the Orchid station with all the cool time travel gizmos.
Old April 25 2008, 04:18 AM   #45
Mr Light
Admiral

Speaking of the magically disappearing extras, the funniest scene of the episode:

Sawyer yells at Extra #1 to GET DOWN! She looks up confused, gets killed. Extra #2 runs out to see the first one killed, gets killed, fall over on top of #1. Extra #3 then runs out, gets killed, falls over the other two.