Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old March 24 2008, 11:34 PM   #46
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Re: Universal Homesexuals?

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
Non-Trekkie Trekkie wrote: View Post
Belar wrote: View Post
Oh boy ... I'm at a loss for words.

Why? Personally I think it's a completely rational view (Especially through our Trek eyes)...A person is allowed to have such views after all, and I find merit in both, equally...Rolly-Eyed-Guy attack (As is the case against those with his or her views are usually met), or not.

Personally I see the world of Trek ridding homosexual tendencies (Via genome and/or psychological altering, however you view it) like they most certainly would rid the tendencies of those attracted to children. After all, can't a case be made that one who is attracted to children is "Born" with the tendency? Or at the very least cannot control being attracted to children (As many of them state)? (And no, before the flames break-out, I'm not talking about acting on those tendencies which clearly cannot be compared due to the obvious adult-adult relationships in one and a potential adult-child relationship in the other).

If it can be treated, and like cancer has been eradicated on Trek, I think it will be, or would be, in the Trek universe. Or if a person choses to keep the tendency, they can...It's a Free Trek World after all.

Stupid fucking moron. And before any of the mods give me an infraction, this stupid little idiot has basically called every homosexual person on Earth, a 'mistake', one that needs curing. I hope you can understand my little outburst.

Comparing homosexuality to cancer and paedophilia? Grow up you small minded, pathetic little man. And I'd love you to say all that to my face.
Sorry, one warning for flaming. Don't start going into personal attacks of other posters, no matter how stupid or wrong that poster's post may be. Send comments via PM.
Old March 24 2008, 11:39 PM   #47
Non-Trekkie Trekkie
Captain

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Sorry, one warning for flaming. Don't start going into personal attacks of other posters, no matter how stupid or wrong that poster's post may be. Send comments via PM.

Or better yet? You may think it be??
Old March 24 2008, 11:41 PM   #48
Kpnuts
Commodore

No, he meant what he said, 'may' be.

Shame you're not able to go off on your little rant in front of my face.

I see you're also a subcriber to the hypocritical 'as long as it's two girls it's all good cause that turns me on... but two men is wrong and evil'. How I pity you.
Old March 24 2008, 11:42 PM   #49
apostle83
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to apostle83 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to apostle83 Send a message via Yahoo to apostle83

Non-Trekkie Trekkie wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post

Or better yet? You may think it be??

I can hardly tolerate the insensitivity towards opinions some folks have. Non-Trekkie Trekkie, as someone with an opinion outside the mainstream, what is it like being discriminated against?
Old March 24 2008, 11:43 PM   #50
StolenThunder
Poster

The speed at which this thread asploded really is quite impressive. Can't see much of a benefit in leaving it open now - some decent discussion happened earlier and there were some funny jokes but things appear to have reached an irrecoverable state.

Closed.
Closed Thread