other ways for Kirk to die on Veridian III

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Khan 2.0, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

#1 After defeating Soran Kirk and picard make their way to the crashed Ent D when kirk suddenly slips on a rock and falls hitting his head. he dies in Picards arms..

#2 Kirk and Picard get to the remains of the crashed Ent D and are beamed up to the obiting ships. Unfortuantly Kirks 23rd century DNA structure dosnt tally with the 24th century ships transporters and the computer recognises him as a virus and beams him into open space..

#3 Kirk and Picard defeat Soran, Kirk thinks for a minute and realises they must still be in the nexus.. He picks up sorans gun and shoots Picard in the head and then himself...

#4 (ammended original ending of Kirk being shot in the back) - Kirk realises he is in over his head and runs away in fear from Soran, then is shot in the back - then Picard shoots soran and cradles a weeping Kirk in his arms who begs Picard for urgent medical assistance and keeps repeating 'i dont wanna die please dont let me die!' Picard then leaves Kirk saying ‘i will come back for you’...he gets back to the Ent D and is so shocked/angry at his ship having crashed he forgets all about Kirk who he left ontop of the mountain...the last shot of the film we go back to Kirk atop the mountain..his breathing gets shallow and he mouths 'oh no!' then as he breathes his last the camera pans up above the clouds as the beginnings of the original star trek theme is heard gently in the background and then we go into the stars as the main TNG theme kicks in. the end

#5 kirk and soran are locked in mortal combat - fighting hand to hand. picard stops working on the rocket to assist kirk..he sees sorans phaser and picks it up and aims it at them...he shouts out "Soran!...Stop!"..they continue fighting...Picard carefully takes aim...he has to get this right...he fires...

Kirk falls to his knees he looks down in shock at the gaping wound in his chest...He keels over

Picard drops the phaser in shock

Soran laughs, 'Thank You Captain!' he shouts...'Now if you will excuse me..i have to be going...after all, time waits for no man..'

Soran runs to the scaffolding and begins his ascent up the ladder.

Picard runs to Kirk and moves him on his back – "who...taught you...to shoot?" kirk gasps.

"try not to talk Captain," Picard says.

"i..told you.." kirk says getting weaker, "my name...is Jim..."

"just hold on" Picard says

"oh my"...Kirk dies. Picard hangs his head in shame

the rocket blasts off and seconds later destroys the sun sending everything into darkness..the nexus arrives and claims both Picard and Soran once again

in the nexus Picard decides to stay in his Christmas Tale .

2. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just have the entire bulk of the Enterprise-D's saucer crash land right on top of him. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. ;)

3. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Death by beheading.

Or, in a pinch, eyes gouged out in a shockingly disgusting way.

Those may be a bit too shocking, but they'd be effective. ;)

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The cause of Kirk's death was fine. I liked how Kirk chose to risk death, rather than having it actually be up to Soren. When the bridge broke off and kind of spun in mid-air was really cool looking and when it winged past the camera, you knew Kirk was going to be in very bad shape, if he'd lived at all. What made Kirk's death scene suck was Shatner ... his acting is what did it. He was just laying there, not even grimacing in pain, or anything. That and how self-serving it was. And Shatner has always been that way, let's face it. But here, it's rediculous:

"Did we ... make a difference?"

Oh, just die already! He has to be such an asshole about it ...

5. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And then he steals Takei's catch-phrase into the bargain: "Oh my!" :D

6. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

Especially when you consider how it damaged Picard's reputation.

After all, Kirk had to give his life because Picard couldn't be a hero on his own...

7. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, one bulk taking out another. :devil:

8. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nibbled by Tribbles.

Bored to death by the Borg.

Smothered with a Cardigan by Cardassians.

Killed with Kling-Film by a Klingon.

Reamed by a Romulan.

Filleted by a Ferenghi.

Thoughtlessly thwacked by a Tholian.

Ended by an Andorian.

Blown up by a Betazoid. Or Bifurcated by a Bejoran.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Kirk didn't have to die at all. Everyone already thought he was dead 78 years before.

10. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Without a doubt, I want to argue and.or debate this with a Passionate Heart! And yet ... there it is. On the Silver Screen, for all to see:

Soren isn't Super-Human, or possessed with Mega-Strength, though his character has, indeed, been furnished with a weapon. A LASER pistol which sort of cocks sideways, so that he always shoots it like a thug. However, it doesn't seem to be anymore or less dangerous than a standard hand phaser "used" on the show. In short, he's just a regular guy. And now, to defeat him, Picard must break every Law of Physics and even The Fourth Wall to go fetch Jim Kirk so as to defeat Soren and his thug pistol.

More than anything, I hate that about this feature: the pandering to William Shatner's ego, at the expense of "my" show! Couldn't just be a part of the ensemble. Couldn't just come on as a Special Guest Star ... no! He insists on a Laundry List of demands that diminish Captain Jean-Luc Picard, in order for Kirk to have any chance of looking "good." If it's an ego-stroking Shatner wanted, well, then ... I sure hope he got it. Because, in The End, he even made himself look foolish - despite all of his agent's many precautions against it.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Soran is defeated and the galaxy saved. That night, Kirk beams up to the Enterprise-D, slips on a bar of soap, goes flying and dies in the shower.

12. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

sonic soap?

13. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

I fail to see what Shatner's ego has to do with the script by TNG writers?

Did he ghost write Generations?

As I understand, it was the TNG writers who came with the Kirk storyline and then approached Shatner with it?

Or maybe you're letting your Shatner hate distort the facts?

14. eyeresist

^ Don't all TNG fans hate Shatner? :rolleyes:

Sonic soap! It has multiple uses... ;)

15. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

That's why he's The Captain.

16. eyeresist

It's good to be the Captain.

17. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Who looks at soap and thinks 'this should be more sonic'?

18. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

My soap is sonic, I knock it against the wall of the shower and it makes a noise. No rope necessary.

I like what Leslie Neilson said in Naked Gun:

19. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

A shadow appears over him. He looks up. You can leave in the, "Oh, my!" line.

20. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Kirk is dead by Starfleet records. I say we use that technicallity and instead of killing him off perminently, we go an alternate route:

The battle on the mounain top continues, only this time Kirk orders Picard to get to the controls and that he'll handle Soran. Kirk depthly hands Soran his ass. They win.

There is some banter between the two. Picard says something like, "Come with me," persuading him to return to the mortal human plane of existance. For a second Kirk looks like he might, but the look quickly fades from his face and he smiles, looking at Picard

"Captain, you got things here. Go, take care of the Enterprise."

P: "But what about you?"

K: Big smile, "I'm going home," he hesistates, "maybe Antonia will have my eggs done. You should come -- best egg shaker this side of the galaxy, aside from me of course."

P: "Maybe another time."

K: "Your lose..." and he disappears into the white flash of light back into the Nexus. Proving, as Picard looks on, that the draw and appeal of the Nexus is so strong that even when you realize it for what it really is, you just want to go back.

A happy ending and a door left ajar to bring Kirk back to life.