Dead Stop

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by dub, Oct 29, 2014.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Rewatching this episode, I'm reminded of how much I enjoyed it the first time. I really liked the whiteness/monochromality (?) of the alien station. It felt like a throwback to 1970s futuristic. Very cool to see. And the station itself had this quiet creepiness. I would have enjoyed seeing this "character" developed. Perhaps a cousin of the Borg?

2. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good call on the "retro-futuristic" look of the station. That was pretty neat!

I'm not an actor, but it seems the Star Trek shows would be incredibly challenging and fun to work on, and this episode is a good example. I mean, getting into a heated argument with a wall panel? I can't see opportunities like that coming up very often on lawyer or cop shows!

3. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I rather liked it. I could imagine how it could have been done for other Treks --- Voyager particularly --- but it somehow feels less plausible for them. For Enterprise the setting was just right. And yeah, the 70s-futuristic styling tickled me, but I'm kind of socially programmed to be tickled so.

But please, no, no cousin to the Borg. The universe has more than six people in it.

4. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Definitely one of the better eps from s1-2, and I agree about the 70s feel. Hadn't consciously thought about that before. I should watch it again!

5. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

The Station had a cool 2001 vibe and was a great contrast to the mechanical ambiance of the Enterprise.
    It would have been nice to see them encounter another one of those Stations elsewhere (you know there would have been more than one built) and just blow it up from a distance preventing more innocent ships from being caught. It would have only taken a couple of minutes but it worth it I think.

6. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But I imagine some captains would think donating one crew member in exchange for vital repairs to be a fair deal (I can see the Vulcans, the Ferenghi, even the Klingons doing this). And the station was considerate enough to take the least important crew member ;)

7. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Vulcans: No way
    Ferengi: Maybe
    Klingons- No way, it would mean a very dishonorable fate for that crew member.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The odd part for me was the room we finally see, which one would think would be equally sterile clean due to its nature, is the dirtiest looking place on board.

9. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who's going to complain? :p

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Always liked this one. Roxann Dawson hit it out of the park.

11. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

I found it particularly creepy how the station started repairing itself at the end after Enterprise had left. I wonder if any later star fleet vessels encountered it and realised that it was the same station from the Enterprise logs or if everyone just assumed it had been destroyed and never realised it had rebuilt itself and was still out there?

Also i wonder why it bothered going to the trouble of staging Travis death when earlier it could have just grabbed Trip or Reed or both during their inept infiltration attempt and easily claimed they had been fatally vaporised by the stations security systems. That way it wouldnt have had to produce any fake body and risk being found out by phlox.

12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Who said anything about a crew member, or even that the Klingons would "volenteer" another Klingon. They'd just grab someone off a planet or from a passing ship.

:)

13. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

The Klingons wouldn't pay for it and try to take it by force.

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Wouldn't that be like trying to "force" a copy machine to do something?

:)

15. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

They're the sort of person who turns the TV off by shooting it.

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Then too, it could have been filled by Pakleds and the warp engines would be facing different directions.

What this do?

17. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought there was a Klingon in the Coma room.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pretty sure there was.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Then you may like my upcoming Enterprise novel Rise of the Federation: Uncertain Logic, coming in April.

20. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Yes. The Klingons wouldn't have moved on if they had caught on like Phlox did during the autospy. It would have meant that klingon would have lost honor, unable to enter Sto-vo-kor since he or she would have been denied a honorable or warrior death, especially if that person meant a lot to at least one of the senior officers.