Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 1 2014, 04:00 AM   #1156
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: Power Rangers

I've now watched up through Weight and See, and I really didn't notice many of the issues that I remember picking up on the first time I watched the episodes. There IS a tiny bit of clunkiness when it comes to Built for Speed's 50s stunt show plot, Kat working with Justin on his homework in Glyph Hanger (and being concerned about him doing his homework in The Whole Lie), and Porto feeling unappreciated and deciding to go on a rampage in Rally Racer (BTW, in case anyone's interested, I hit on a workaround for said clunkiness that I plan on using should I choose to watch the season again in the future, which is to use the following viewing order for the first 13 episodes of the season: Turbo Movie - Shift into Turbo - Shadow Rangers - Bicycle Built for the Blues - Transmission Impossible - Alarmed and Dangerous - The Whole Lie - Glyph Hanger - Built for Speed - Weight and See - Rally Ranger), but, otherwise, I found myself enjoying the first dozen episodes of the season far more than I remembered.

Before I move forward with reviews of the remaining episodes in Turbo's first half, I'd like to take a moment to list my favorite episodes so far:
Turbo Movie
Shift into Turbo
Shadow Rangers
Bicycle Built for the Blues
The Whole Lie (despite the above-mentioned clunkiness)
Glyph Hanger
Weight and See

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2014, 04:39 PM   #1157
Christopher
Writer

This week's Super Megaforce episode, with the team chasing after an amnesiac Tensou, was kind of fun. But they really aren't trying anymore to pass the setting off as America convincingly. The bus had its passenger doors on the left and was driving on the left, making it clear that it wasn't in the US; and the shot of the Q-Rex Megazord launching into space to strike at the asteroid clearly showed it rising up from Japan. Oops!

Also, um, Rangers, if there's A) a giant monster of the type you take out with little difficulty on a weekly basis and B) an asteroid within minutes of striking the Earth and wiping out all life, you should tackle the asteroid first. Not to mention that breaking it into a bunch of little pieces wouldn't actually save the Earth, because then you've just got a shotgun blast hitting the Earth rather than a rifle round. It might even do more damage that way.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2014, 10:31 PM   #1158
Stephen!
Captain

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
I had never seen Shadow Rangers prior to watching it (it's one of the few Turbo episodes I never saw during the season's initial airing, with Rally Ranger being another), and I really enjoyed it, to the point that I'd say it's one of the better-written episodes in the franchise.
As soon as Zordon's back is turned (so to speak) the "never escalate a battle" rule goes out the window. First in "Green with Evil" part 02, with calling the Megazord to fight Tommy and again in this episode with the Chromite
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2014, 09:59 AM   #1159
Stephen!
Captain

Power Rangers the Movie figures - more accurate looking ones

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/09/m...ers-movie.html
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2014, 02:23 PM   #1160
Christopher
Writer

^Ugh... the movie costumes were hideous.

This week's "Love is in the Air" was silly, and kind of disquieting. The new monster "butler" essentially tries to slip Levira a roofie, and she ends up falling for him. What kind of message does that send to the kids?

Although it was fun to see Jake trying to talk the giant monster down by encouraging him to ask out his sweetie, rather than just going straight to the usual fight. I was kinda hoping it would work and we'd bypass the usual battle.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote