Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old August 26 2014, 03:08 PM   #1141
jamesmc
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Axanar

There are NO PLANS to shoot any part of Axanar, or any vignettes at The new Phase II studios in N.Y.. I found out second hand that they would not be coming here a few days ago.

Last edited by jamesmc; August 26 2014 at 03:23 PM.
jamesmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 03:58 PM   #1142
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Well that kind of makes sense, especially since it could be assumed that the Phase II sets are all Kirk-era in look & feel, and Axanar sets will have a distinctly older-looking Pike-era (or even Robau-era) appearance.
Old August 26 2014, 04:35 PM   #1143
Bixby
Commander

137th, the stated plan was for the vignette to occur a short time after the TOS episode ''Whom Gods Destroy'', and not during the Four Years War period.
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 04:38 PM   #1144
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Ah! Gotcha, thank you...
Old August 26 2014, 05:29 PM   #1145
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

Most of the Axanar people are sleep deprived. They finished the Kickstarter, and moved their offices over the weekend. And many of them have jobs, too! I wouldn't draw any conclusions from what any ONE of them says. Give them a few days to catch their collective breaths. They have updated their 'donate' button on their website, but I suspect that this is not the 'final' version of continuing donations. I'm "press" in this community, I have sources, and I am not at liberty to share everything I have heard. I strongly advise against jumping to conclusions right now. I believe things are in flux.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 10:12 PM   #1146
jamesmc
Lieutenant Commander

Barb,
I don't know what conclusions you think I am jumping to? I own the Phase II sets and project and I can assure you that there are no plans for them to shoot here.
jamesmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 11:42 PM   #1147
scifib5st
Commander

jamesmc;
As a kick starter contributor, thank you for the digital download of the Holiest Thing. I see no other entry on this, so I want to thank you and the crew for this again!

Enjoyed it and think all cast and crew did a bang up job! I rate it 5 Starships out of 5.
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2014, 02:13 AM   #1148
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

jamesmc wrote: View Post
Barb,
I don't know what conclusions you think I am jumping to? I own the Phase II sets and project and I can assure you that there are no plans for them to shoot here.
James, not to speak for Barb, but I definitely got the feeling those comments were aimed elsewhere.

All the best to you and the crew!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2014, 04:44 AM   #1149
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

Ithekro wrote: View Post
Avro Arrow wrote: View Post
One thing is, that in additon to the Ares-class, Constitution-class, and the four Kelvin based ships, there is the tease that we will see a FASA based ship. USS Xenophon (a Marklin-class destroyer). This ship was only see as a top view in the Four Years War suppliment by FASA for their Star Trek roleplaying game.

It is almost certain this ship will be in Axanar as a CG ship.
"Almost certain"? Just out of curiosity, is this based on inside information? In Prelude Garth mentioned that he was captain of the Xenophon earlier in the war, but I guess I just assumed the full film would take place after he had taken command of Ares. Like I said, though, that's just a guess, so I was just wondering what you were basing this on.

They have been teasing stills of the CG of the Marklin-class Xenophon on their main public Facebook page. It could show up in Axanar itself, or perhaps on the DVD or BD of Prelude. They did just barely get that to the release date, so perhaps they decided to do cleanups.

Also there is the old "show not tell" to film scripts. Instead of just having Garth tell us where he was when he heard Admiral Ramirez speech, instead show it.
Oh, OK, thanks for the info. I'm not on Facebook, so I haven't seen that.

In a related vein... does anyone know if Michael Hogan is still associated with this project? I read the announcement that he had joined in this very thread, but he wasn't in Prelude, and he's not mentioned as part of the cast on the Axanar website. I suspect that if he left, it was mentioned on Facebook, but like I said...
Old August 27 2014, 05:23 AM   #1150
RCAM
Lieutenant Commander

Seems pretty passive-aggressive to throw in "second hand," but an interesting update nonetheless. I suspect whoever suggested these vignettes were designed to drive subsequent Kickstarters is correct.
RCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2014, 05:48 AM   #1151
Ithekro
Captain

Michael Hogan is still listed as being on for Axanar, but was not availible for the two day shooting for Prelude to Axanar.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2014, 07:32 AM   #1152
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

^ Cool, thanks!
Old August 27 2014, 01:35 PM   #1153
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

jamesmc wrote: View Post
Barb,
I wasn't specifically addressing you, James. Sorry. I'm sure you wouldn't speak without knowledge. I just hear a lot of churning from them and people jumping to conclusions. I know that the Axanar people have been running around without sleep. Obviously, they are very happy about the Kickstarter, but I created trouble on Facebook by restating their posts... I substantially repeated two from the Kickstarter and one from the post that started the thread in which I paraphrased it. I started a big fight! I took the posts down but ... this leaves me feeling they are not thinking things through yet.

Obviously, they can't use your crew or sets without your clearance. I apologize. My comment was based on the following, not your comment:

Parallel from the Joe and Sally Show:

Joe: Red is green!

1. reply comment

2-45 reply comments.

46. Me: I believe they are going on the theory that Red is green. Also... [two paraphrases from the Joe and Sally Show Kickstarter Updates Page].

47. Sally: Who in heck told you THAT? Where did you get that from?

That's a simplification (and obviously, Axanar is not the Joe and Sally Show and nobody said red is green) but it is almost exactly what happened. This leaves me with the belief they need to sleep and talk to each other... after they sleep. And comment 46 has been deleted, along with the comments that followed in which I changed my paraphrases to quotes and got into even MORE hot water.

Last edited by Barbreader; August 27 2014 at 06:16 PM.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2014, 02:58 PM   #1154
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Michael Hogan is still listed as being on for Axanar, but was not availible for the two day shooting for Prelude to Axanar.
Wasn't he supposed to be playing Pike? Or maybe it was April. Can't remember.
Old August 27 2014, 04:53 PM   #1155
Ithekro
Captain

Hogan was to play Robert April, USS Enterprise.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote