RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,701
Members: 24,832
Currently online: 476
Newest member: eltonlight

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old August 26 2014, 12:40 PM   #91
Pingfah
Admiral

Re: F1 2014 Championship Thread

No, that's true. When he came out exclaiming that Rosberg had said he did it on purpose, well, that sort of thing makes him look hysterical.

Obviously Rosberg said something that could potentially be taken that way, but it's clear from the facts (and from common sense) that Rosberg is not going to deliberately take out his team mate using his own front wing. He stood as good a chance of ending his own race as Hamilton's.
Old August 26 2014, 01:02 PM   #92
Ganja Tea
Rear Admiral

I bet Mercedes is regretting that statement they made at the start of the season saying there'd be no team orders and that they'd let their boys race. Hamilton must be seething. This was his year. Mercedes pace is unmatched, Vettel can't come to grips with the car, Alonso is struggling because ferrari can't get their act together and when he should be dominating he's being screwed over by car problems or his less talented teammate.
And I get just as HIGH as I want to be
Ganja Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2014, 03:31 PM   #93
MacLeod
Admiral

I was on holiday so I didn't get to see the Belgium GP, I have since caught it and yes Rosberg made an error of judgement in his attempt to pass Lewis it was a clumsy move.

But whilst Rosberg has a 22 point after Monza, let's remember that Lewis still has 2 more retirements than Rosberg, Rosberg should have a far bigger lead but some stellar drives from Lewis such as Germany and Hungary have helped keep the points difference to what it is.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2014, 12:40 AM   #94
MacLeod
Admiral

Whilst I do tend to agree with this latest FIA directive regarding banning communication to the drivers about performace during a race

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29161931
Whiting writes that the FIA intends to "rigorously enforce this regulation with immediate effect. Therefore, no radio conversation from pit to driver may include any information that is related to the performance of the car or driver."

ne senior figure said that all the potential problems raised by the letter could be removed by changing the last clause to "any information related to the performance of the driver".

Which I think is the right way to go. i.e. you can't tell Driver A that they are slower than driver B in a particualr corner.

Not sure if they can enfore it though, teams might just use coded messages.

i.e. "Fernando is faster than you" translation be a good boy and move over and let him pass.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old September 12 2014, 02:51 PM   #95
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Bit harsh, and probably impossible to enforce, but at least it's a step in the right direction. The amount of micromanaging the drivers get from the pit wall these days is just ridiculous, almost like having two-way telemetry.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2014, 03:43 PM   #96
MacLeod
Admiral

So if pit to car communication is banned what about car to car communication. Could they not just get the two cars to exchange communication and show on the LCD (for those that have them) where each car is performing better.

What about the pit board can they show something like

C3 -0.1 B10L

or translated Corner 3 -0.1 seconds Brake 10 metres later.
Old September 18 2014, 12:48 PM   #97
Pingfah
Admiral

Race of the year on Sunday. LOVE Singapore.
Old September 18 2014, 12:56 PM   #98
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Anyone seen the Formula E opening race in Beijing? Apparently it was quite the spectacle.

Old September 18 2014, 02:02 PM   #99
Pingfah
Admiral

No, I forgot it was happening becasue it's on "the light channel". But it's on ITV Player, so I'll probably watch it this weekend.

Quite the lineup of F1 rejects they've got racing
Old September 18 2014, 02:09 PM   #100
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

I love how Danny O'Dwyer called the race "Wipeout's origin story"
Old September 20 2014, 10:38 PM   #101
MacLeod
Admiral

Well that was a close qualy session.
Old Yesterday, 03:11 AM   #102
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

I thought that maybe we seen someone else on pole,with the Mercedes struggling on the weekend,will it be a other mecedes 1-2 again?.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #103
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Not a good start for Rosberg. Stalling on the parade lap...

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Zulu Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #104
MacLeod
Admiral

Well that result certainly makes the Championship more interesting, with Lewis now only three points pehind Roberg, though it's still two DNF's for Rosberg comapred against Lewis' three DNF's
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM   #105
ITL
Vice Admiral

Three points ahead of Rosberg.