Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old August 23 2014, 09:50 AM   #16
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: USS Titan in The Official Starships Collection

Yep, I saw this interview yesterday and was just coming back to find the petition.

I'm down for a Luna, a Vesta, and maybe if the designs are finalised, a Merian, a Theophrastus and a Mulciber.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2014, 10:02 AM   #17
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

SicOne wrote: View Post
8of5, great interview; thanks for sharing that with us.

Question for you folks; I have been ordering the ships via my local comic book store as I am ending up getting only about every other one (a tad pricey to acquire them all, and there are many I'm not interested in), but for those of you ordering directly through Eaglemoss, what number are they up to? The most recent one I can acquire is the Enterprise-E, though I can order a few more numbers past it (up to but not including the Oberth). One of you mentioned the Prometheus, but I didn't know if that meant it was being ordered, or if you had it in hand already.

Additionally, I am of the understanding that if you order 12 ships, you get the 3-nacelled Enterprise-D from "All Good Things". But is that 12 straight ships via subscription, or just 12 ships ordered in any order through Eaglemoss?

Thanks for any tips in the right direction, folks.
I'm doing pretty much the same, getting all the Fed ships, at the moment I have 13 of the regular ones and the two specials and will be getting the Vengeance when that's out at somepoint in the future. Any, I have no idea what they're upto outside here, but I did see yesterday issue 27 and the Enterprise Era Romulan Bird of Prey.

As for the Enterprise from All Good Things, you need to be a subscriber for it and to be honest, the one I've seen, it's not that great.

And yes, I also signed up for the Titan if and when it ever gets made.

There is a thread up in General Trek that was created to discuss the collection, I don't really follow it though, just seems to be people discussing if they got emails, deliveries and Eaglemosses supposedly bad customer service.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2014, 01:19 PM   #18
mindx2
Lieutenant

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
SicOne wrote: View Post
8of5, great interview; thanks for sharing that with us.

Question for you folks; I have been ordering the ships via my local comic book store as I am ending up getting only about every other one (a tad pricey to acquire them all, and there are many I'm not interested in), but for those of you ordering directly through Eaglemoss, what number are they up to? The most recent one I can acquire is the Enterprise-E, though I can order a few more numbers past it (up to but not including the Oberth). One of you mentioned the Prometheus, but I didn't know if that meant it was being ordered, or if you had it in hand already.

Additionally, I am of the understanding that if you order 12 ships, you get the 3-nacelled Enterprise-D from "All Good Things". But is that 12 straight ships via subscription, or just 12 ships ordered in any order through Eaglemoss?

Thanks for any tips in the right direction, folks.
I'm doing pretty much the same, getting all the Fed ships, at the moment I have 13 of the regular ones and the two specials and will be getting the Vengeance when that's out at somepoint in the future. Any, I have no idea what they're upto outside here, but I did see yesterday issue 27 and the Enterprise Era Romulan Bird of Prey.

As for the Enterprise from All Good Things, you need to be a subscriber for it and to be honest, the one I've seen, it's not that great.

And yes, I also signed up for the Titan if and when it ever gets made.

There is a thread up in General Trek that was created to discuss the collection, I don't really follow it though, just seems to be people discussing if they got emails, deliveries and Eaglemosses supposedly bad customer service.
A lot of that is discussed but I've seen many discuss the ships they've received, posted pictures and talked about design choices (or lack thereof) of the models. I do have to admit that most of these models are very well done. For their size the detail is rather good with the exception of the 1701 refit.

I signed as well as I would love to see some trek-lit ships made. However, doesn't this have to go through the gate-keepers at CBS since none of the ships have been seen on screen?
mindx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2014, 01:41 PM   #19
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

mindx2 wrote: View Post
I signed as well as I would love to see some trek-lit ships made. However, doesn't this have to go through the gate-keepers at CBS since none of the ships have been seen on screen?
Well, the Titan is seen on book covers and calendars as well as Star Trek Online. Thats more pieces of media than anything else that isn't in a show.

Technically, the Stargazer model they already produced was only seen on a book cover :P
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2014, 03:57 PM   #20
Markonian
Captain

I'm doing pretty much the same, getting all the Fed ships
Does that include the Vulcan, Andorian and Xindi ships, too? They've been established as Federation ships.
Old August 23 2014, 04:09 PM   #21
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Markonian wrote: View Post
Does that include the Vulcan, Andorian and Xindi ships, too? They've been established as Federation ships.
Established by whom?

Given that the only Vulcan and Andorian one's I can think of are from Enterprise and predate the creation of the Federation, they don't count as being Federation ships.

Anyway, you want to split hairs, I might get the Vulcan and Andorian cruisers, haven't decided yet and I'm mainly getting the Starfleet vessels.

Old August 23 2014, 04:26 PM   #22
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

I've also been getting mostly the Starfleet ships-- the only exceptions I've made so far are the K't'inga and the D'deridex, because I like them so much. Oh, and I guess technically the Dauntless isn't Starfleet. I will get the ENT Vulcan cruiser, though.
Old August 24 2014, 12:09 PM   #23
Markonian
Captain

Established by whom?
The Kumari-class serves Federation Starfleet following the founding. (ENT: Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel). Andorian and Tellarite Federation ships are still active in the 23rd century (TOS: Burden of Knowledge). Finally, in a timeline where the Borg weren't absorbed into the Caeliar gestalt, the Andorians and Vulcans are among the Federation members supplying their ships to Starfleet (STO).

I'm not splitting hairs for the sake of splitting hairs, just to point out that not to equate Earth Starfleet with Federation Starfleet.
Old August 24 2014, 12:35 PM   #24
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Established by whom?
The Kumari-class serves Federation Starfleet following the founding. (ENT: Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel). Andorian and Tellarite Federation ships are still active in the 23rd century (TOS: Burden of Knowledge). Finally, in a timeline where the Borg weren't absorbed into the Caeliar gestalt, the Andorians and Vulcans are among the Federation members supplying their ships to Starfleet (STO).

I'm not splitting hairs for the sake of splitting hairs, just to point out that not to equate Earth Starfleet with Federation Starfleet.
Ah, so in Chris's tosh that is Rise of the Federation. Well I'm sorry but one, they ain't canon and two, I thought they were shite (well the first one anyway as I have no intention of reading ths second one) and because of that, they're not even in my own personal continuity, same with that god awful game some harp on about it around these parts.

Old August 24 2014, 10:11 PM   #25
Technobuilder
Commodore

Admittedly, Star Ttrek Online has very little in the ways of storyline or character developments worth holding on to, but I have to disagree with your interpretations of the Rise of the Federation novels by CLB.

The books have been a nice continuation of Enterprise, showcasing the work behind building the Federation as well as the development of Federation Technologies and Ideologies.

Can't wait for the next one.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2014, 10:21 PM   #26
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
Admittedly, Star Ttrek Online has very little in the ways of storyline or character developments worth holding on to, but I have to disagree with your interpretations of the Rise of the Federation novels by CLB.
Which is your privilege, mine is that I don't like what I read, I'm glad they're not canon and won't be part of my own personal continuity.

Old August 25 2014, 12:14 PM   #27
Technobuilder
Commodore

I couldn't care less if you liked it or not. If you're going to lambast something at least give a reason. All you've done is name call one and cast aspersions on a second book you haven't read and don't plan to. All of which makes it difficult to understand your perspective.

Keep track of whatever you want to keep track of, but give reasons for your opinions, so others can follow along otherwise you're just tilting at windmills.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Old August 25 2014, 12:33 PM   #28
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
I couldn't care less if you liked it or not. If you're going to lambast something at least give a reason. All you've done is name call one and cast aspersions on a second book you haven't read and don't plan to. All of which makes it difficult to understand your perspective.

Keep track of whatever you want to keep track of, but give reasons for your opinions, so others can follow along otherwise you're just tilting at windmills.
I've said before, I said yesterday in another thread, but what the hell. It's boring, it tries to fill in all the possible gaps (which he does in what feels like all his books) it also tells the reader what is happening too much and doesn't actually show what is happening. I also personally believe that Chris should be removed from the rotation of writers and allow others, including KRAD who has a proven track record to be reincluded.

So yes, it's my privilege to be able to consider them not part of my own personal continuity. I don't plan on spending another £6.99 on a product I do not enjoy.

You want to take umbridge at that, fine, that is your privilege, I've not said you mustn't read or enjoy them, I've just given my own opinion on the matter.

Old August 25 2014, 12:50 PM   #29
Technobuilder
Commodore

Like I said, I don't care if you like them or not. It wasn't about the books at all, but more the lack of substance behind your usage of colorful metaphor that irked me.

I get the impression however that your dislike extends beyond just this particular series of his though so you might want to re-examine if it's the books or the author you have the issues with.

Anywho, yeah, just remember to include reasons for what you say and I'm fine with all of it.

And yeah, who wouldn't love to have KRAD back in the fold, but word is that the current management doesn't care for working with him. A shame considering his talent and ability.
Old August 26 2014, 02:42 AM   #30
Destructor
Commodore

DONE. I'm a subscriber too, I don't care what they make, I'll buy it.
Destructor is offline   Reply With Quote