Trek Actors Get A Raise
By: T'Bonz on Jun 26

San Diego Comic-Con Star Trek Uglydolls
By: T'Bonz on Jun 25

Trek 3 Vancouver Filming
By: T'Bonz on Jun 25

Yarnall’s Cancer Battle
By: T'Bonz on Jun 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old July 28 2014, 04:55 PM   #76
ITL
Vice Admiral

Re: F1 2014 Championship Thread

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Well to be fair Lewis said he would let Rosberg pass, but that he wouldn't slow down to do so.
True, but they shouldn't have asked him in the first place. And yep, Lewis has done remarkably well considering the roller-coaster nature of his season so far!
Old July 28 2014, 05:09 PM   #77
MacLeod
Admiral

True, it is also possible that they actually cost Lewis a position or two by not switching him to the option tyres and brining him for a third pit stop like they did with Rosberg.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2014, 05:15 PM   #78
ITL
Vice Admiral

Yeah, if they would have both been on new tyres Alonso would have been toast!
Old July 28 2014, 06:24 PM   #79
MacLeod
Admiral

Still we've had a few decent races in a row.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old July 28 2014, 07:33 PM   #80
Pingfah
Admiral

MacLeod wrote: View Post
But thanks to two great drives in Germany and Hungary Rosberg should go into the summer break worried that his lead is so small despite all the issues Lewis has had.
Yes, and that's the real key. Hamilton is running away with the most valuable driver award. In straight head to heads with Rosberg, where neither driver has been hindered by circumstance, he has consistently beaten him.
Old July 28 2014, 08:22 PM   #81
MacLeod
Admiral

Well along with Alonso, Lewis is generally rated to be one of the best drivers on the grid.

But what has happened to Vettel this year, what is this year Ricciardo has beaten him 6/7 times when both cars have finished? Or is it siply a case he hasn't been able to adapt to these new spec cars as well as some of the other drivers.
Old July 29 2014, 07:26 PM   #82
MacLeod
Admiral

Looks like they might finally be seeing some sense.

The standing restarts planned for 2015 might be scrapped

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...grid_restarts/

Next they need to get rid of this double points race, if they must have it. I would say go with a Joker system where the driver can nominate a race that counts as their double pints race.
Old August 25 2014, 12:33 PM   #83
Pingfah
Admiral

Fuck. Nico. Rosberg.
Old August 25 2014, 12:49 PM   #84
Ganja Tea
Rear Admiral

Don't tell me you think he hit Hamilton on purpose because that's ridiculous.
And I get just as HIGH as I want to be
Ganja Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 02:02 PM   #85
Pingfah
Admiral

No of course he didn't run into him on purpose. Easily avoidable accident though, completely his fault.
Old August 25 2014, 02:28 PM   #86
Ganja Tea
Rear Admiral

They're both fighting for the championship, I don't expect either to give the other an inch. Hamilton almost in tears though at the end almost had me rolling. Rosberg lives rent free in Hamiltons head at the moment. He might not be the better driver but he has made Hamilton his bitch in the mental aspect. He is totally mind fucking him. If he walked up to Hamilton at the start of the next race and whispered in his ear that he was going to take him out Hamilton would lose his shit. I live with a Hamilton fan and this season has been glorious. It's also awesome that Riccardo has been in the perfect spot to capitalize on this beef with the merc boys.
Old August 26 2014, 08:34 AM   #87
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Rosberg is just poor at wheel-to-wheel racing and always has been (albeit not usually in a dangerous way like a Maldonado or a 2012 Grosjean),

I'm surprised the same thing didn't happen in Bahrain, Spain or Hungary. The 'oh I did it on purpose' thing is probably just to avoid admitting to his bosses that his racecraft sucks balls and that he doesn't deserve to have a top car.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999

Last edited by Geckothan; August 26 2014 at 10:35 AM.
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 08:54 AM   #88
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

The evidence seems to support the idea that Hamilton is a lot better at passing without causing damage than Roseberg. Also the idea of making any kind of risky pass in the second lap of the race suggests Rosberg's judgement is poor.

I don't know how much of it is posturing but Mercedes don't sound happy.
Old August 26 2014, 09:21 AM   #89
Pingfah
Admiral

Ganja Tea wrote: View Post
They're both fighting for the championship, I don't expect either to give the other an inch.
It has nothing to do with tight racing, it was a schoolboy move on the second lap that nearly took the whole team out of the race. There's no defending it, it has nothing to do with mind games, it was just plain poor racing.
Old August 26 2014, 12:28 PM   #90
Ganja Tea
Rear Admiral

Pingfah wrote: View Post
Ganja Tea wrote: View Post
They're both fighting for the championship, I don't expect either to give the other an inch.
It has nothing to do with tight racing, it was a schoolboy move on the second lap that nearly took the whole team out of the race. There's no defending it, it has nothing to do with mind games, it was just plain poor racing.
What I ment by that was that I don't blame Rosberg for taking a shot. When it was clear he couldn't make the pass and tried to move back in he misjudged. That is certainly his bad but if the situation was reversed Hamilton would of done the same thing. As for the mind games that was in regards to Rosbergs comments in the team meeting. Hamilton while a very talented driver does not deal with his frustration and anger well. I can't wait to see how he implodes next race.