X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I had thought it was coming out here on Dec. 3. At least that's what Amazon says.

But I just looked in the Thanksgiving ad for Walmart and they're advertising it as if it's on sale tonight. For a whopping FOUR DOLLARS. :eek:

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweet, there is an Extended cut?

Edit: And there goes my excitement. Wolverine has an extended cut, but it's only available as a bonus feature on the 3D bluray while the extended cut itself is not even in 3D!!!!!

Is the 10 bucks extra worth investing in the 3D edition (not that I have 3D equipment)?

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I think that is the case, but here in Australia it was released a few days ago.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Walmart ad is in error. It's X-Men Origins Wolverine that's on sale this week.

5. Set Harth

Yeah, but they put The Wolverine in the ad... doesn't that mean they would have to give customers a rain check for the product at that price if they came in with the ad?

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

There are exceptions for legitimate human error. I remember working at a store that had accidently advertised a $299.99 lawnmower for $2.99 and they weren't beholden to it.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Legally, probably not.* Generally, as a customer service thing, it's usually a good idea to give them the offer so as not to piss them off. It might make them a repeat customer and you'll be happier at the end of the day.

* Ads are generally not contracts and can be revoked at any point before agreement. However, if it was something like "Half off to the first customer to enter the door," the inducement to arrive first is enough that the contract is complete and binding at the time of entry.

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Rogue will no longer appear in Days of Future Past as her only sequence in the movie has been cut in the editing process. EW has the story here.

9. Turtletrekker

:(
    Hopefully, we'll get an extended cut on Blu-Ray/DVD.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well that's a shame. I really didn't like how the character was treated in X3 and now it looks like she's just going to fall between the cracks.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

A shame but, meh. She never "felt like" Rogue to me.

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

She felt like a fusion of Rogue and Jubilee actually. I understand why they wanted to use Rogue in the first film but if they just went ahead and made her Jubilee instead I think the relationship would have made more sense. Jubilee and Logan's relationship in the comics is something I always liked.

It is a shame she was cut though, like the poster who said this up thread, I also really didn't care for how she was treated in X3. to me it felt like character assassination, but eh...what are you gonna do?

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, after X3 I'm not really sure they could have done much with Rogue anyway. The "cure" aside they really tarnished the character. Agreed she would have worked much better as Jubilee but I guess Rogue was more popular/known so they used her. Which is a shame because, DAMN, Rogue should've been a vivacious, adult, red-haired hottie with a terrible Southern accent.

Not a dark-haired, teenage girl who's sorta-cute with a terrible Southern accent. ;)

14. Turtletrekker

Obviously, as Magneto shows, the "cure" isn't permanent.

There was an alternate ending to X3 where Rogue kept her powers that I liked SO MUCH better.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rogue isn't a redhead.

Auburn at best.

But it's all a dyejob, so if she wanted to be a red head she could be, but she hasn't.

16. Set Harth

I don't like this, if only because it implies we're getting a bit less "future" and a bit more "past".

Nothing against 1973, but I'd like to see as much of the post-X3 time period as possible.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  17. Turtletrekker

Singer has already said that the majority of the movie is set in '73.

18. Set Harth

I know, that's why I'd like to see the running time of the future scenes not get any smaller.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Disapointed to see Rogue go. I'm a big fan of Anna Paquin's so I was looking forward to seeing her return to one of the first roles I saw her in.

20. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

This sucks, it had been all good news up to now. :( Agree that she already got pretty shafted in X3 after being one of the mains till then (in favor of my favorite new character, but shafted nonetheless), so I hate that she won't even be in this one.

Sorta-cute?