AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah...I have all of Phase One on Blu-ray except for IM1, and I'm still considering getting that. :lol:

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The only ones I own so far as the two Iron Man movies. I'm wondering if there will be an even bigger uber mega ridiculous boxset once all the sequels to all these movies come out in the next several years.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Such a release is without doubt, I would think. The question is, if you want to own these movies, do you want to wait for such a release?

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I already don't own them. I can keep not owning them for a while.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

My guess is, if that box art text is to be taken literal, is that this group of films is PHASE ONE.

So PHASE TWO starts with Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, unnamed MCU movie on May 16,2013 etc, etc till Avengers 2. End Phase 2. That would then be a box set.

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saw it for the second time today, this time in 3-D. Noticed a lot of little things I missed before- like how freaking tired Hawkeye looked before getting knocked out by Black Widow. I wanted to tell him to go to bed! :lol: Also heard some things I missed before, but a few bits of Widow/Banner and Widow/Hawkeye dialog I still couldn't quite hear. :(

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same with the James Bond movies. They make a box set for all the movies yet more movies are on the way.

Anyone remember the complete Star Trek DVD box set? It was Star Trek 2-10 standard edition DVDs and the Star Trek I special edition DVD. Then they released the Star Trek II special edition DVD so out came the box set with two special edition movies and eight regular edition movies. Then the Star Trek III special edition DVD gets released and out comes the box set with three special edition movies and seven regular edition movies. This kept going until all ten movies had special editions.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't have a BluRay player. Otherwise, for a good price, I'd get the box set. Even if they are making other movies, there's still a sense of all roads lead to the first Avengers movie. So it makes sense to get them all together.

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

You should probably go ahead and get a BD player, they can bought for less than $100 now.

10. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Just looking at the images in the link Trekker sent, found one or two sites before that had similar images but those are awesome.

Also, one of the graphics gives a front, top and side graphic of the helicarrier, while looking I noticed a time tab at the top left. It says "12.02.2012".

Now is the helicarrier using the American or international dating system? it either means most of the film happens around 12th of February or 2nd of December.

Although since it also his login underneath as "Samuel J. Fury" I think it's not meant to be taken seriously.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

And don't forget the Indiana Jones trilogy with a fourth movie on the way. I can understand why studios release these things, but I don't know why people actually buy them. Who wants an incomplete set? With these Marvel movies though, I suppose you can make the case that The Avengers and the movies leading up to it constitute a series.

12. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And don't get me started on the Harry Potter series!! There was an increadble box set with all kinds of do-dads and trading cards included when there were still 3 movies to go. I got it for my daughter for Christmas because it was Christmas and I was being a softy, but it wasn't something I'd have done for myself, knowing there were more movies coming.

I think the movies up to Avengers at least comprise a subset, and depending on the included extra scenes, hopefully a complete collection.

Do they include the shorts like Coulson's donut adventure?

13. Trekker4747

A fan-made timeline I like to refer to (as opposed to the official one put out by Marvel) places the events of the movie in February, which would agree with that graphic if its using the international dating system.

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Haven't seen that timeline but that puts the film at around 10-12 Feb overall, I think.

15. Trekker4747

I've linked to it a few other times in the thread but here it is again:

LINK

Actually it seems they've updated that time line since I last looked at it to include events from The Avengers (as well as the Prelude books) and now has The Avengers in May.

16. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Our heroes now face their toughest challenge yet. I am speaking, of course, about James Cameron.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I don't see it breaking the 2 billion mark at the box office though. Still, 3rd highest grossing film ever made is a great achievement.

18. Trekker4747

The movie's momentum has throttled down quite a bit since release, I don't see it taking on Titanic let alone Avatar.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I still think it'll manage 1.5 before it leaves the cinemas.

20. Trekker4747

I'm sure it will, it might even knock on the door of or make it to #2 domestic.