Never Can Say Goodbye; No, no, no, no... (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The telepathic interface that had his companions talking to him while he was dying in Let's Kill Hitler, or all those contingencies from Human Nature, so we could have a recorded message from Tennat were he keeps telling Martha how to react to regeneration, even though Clara is on the receiving end.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

You have to wonder at the extreme reaction a bit of throwaway saturday night TV elicits in some people...

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
  4. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even the slightest bit of Matt Smith is a welcome addition. I remain firmly unconvinced that Capaldi will be a good Doctor.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Why Capaldi? Is there anything in particular that makes you feel that way, Stig?

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I doubt that Capaldi will be I my top 3 doctors or anything, but I have a nice feeling that I might prefer him to Smith. As long as he's an improvement over Smith, I'm more than happy! Found Smith too immature.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I doubt I'll like Capaldi anywhere near as much as Smith, but who knows, he could break into my top three, squeezing out Smith/Troughton or Davison, or he could raise Colin Baker off the bottom of my list...until we see him in action it's hard to know.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I was a big fan of Smith and all his crazy antics and mannerisms... but I'm also very much looking forward to a calmer and more "mature" Doctor with Capaldi as well. I just don't see why a person can only like one kind of Doctor.

9. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Never was a big fan of Smith. I only began to slightly gel with him in the second half of series 7, and that wasn't by much. Granted is mainly Moffat which has made me dislike Smith's doctor so much, but nonetheless, Smith is in the bottom three doctors for me. I think the only doctor lower than Smith for me is Hartnel and that's only because I never got to know him very well. If Capaldi is any worse than Smith then Capaldi would be a truly terrible doctor and it will prove that Moffat is incapable of casting without it being shit. I hope Capaldi is at least an average doctor if nothing else, I don't want yet another doctor that I'll have barley anything good to say about them by the end of their time on the show.

10. Andrew_Kearley

Andrew_Kearley Captain Captain

Matt Smith has been my favourite since the show came back, but I'm sure Capaldi will be fantastic. Maybe up there with Hartnell and Troughton. (Though obviously it's scientifically impossible for anyone to be better than Tom Baker.) I shouldn't think he'll be displacing David Tennant from the bottom slot anyway.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't anticipate liking Capaldi as much as I liked Smith, but I never imagined I would wind up liking Smith more than I liked Tennant, so who knows.

12. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

What a weird article; the captions on the photos try to make Capaldi seem like an old geeza struggling to learn his lines and being awkward around young ladies, and then part way through there's an ad for buying the outfit that Jenna's wearing!

13. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since way back when I heard that Christopher Eccleston was leaving and this new guy David Tennant was replacing him. I've learned my lesson. Every incarnation of the Doctor is a revelation and you end up liking them all. Right now. It's a bit of separation anxiety because there is a comfort factor with Matt Smith and I am certain that by the end of Peter Capaldi's first episode he'll be The Doctor.

14. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a huge fan of both Tennant and Smith, but I'm surprised at how much I'm looking forward to a mature Doctor too. That's thanks in large part to John Hurt whose Doctor highlighted their crazy antics through his reaction to them.

I don't expect Capaldi's Doctor to be just like the War Doctor, but I liked that change to a more mature, no nonsense, less frilly Doctor. Hopefully this will be a nice change like that was.

Mr Awe

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, that's the way it always is for me, too, I love them all, all the way back to Hartnell. Though, some Doctors just never do gel for some people.

Like others, I too am looking forward to a more mature take for a change

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Assuming he's a mature doctor.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe not, but judging from that set video he at least walks around like a normal, mature adult once again. ;)

18. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Maybe it'll be a twist of expectations and Matt Smith will call and say, "Fuckity bye!"

19. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe there's a reason we're being reminded about Matt. I'll be very interested if he makes yet another cameo after this.

20. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, in the two roles that I've seen him in (Torchwood and Fires of Pompeii) I never got that sense that he was a performer who could pull off The Doctor. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I am not impressed so far. I had a very good impression of Matt Smith from the start and felt that he nailed the post-regeneration scene marvelously. Capaldi, not so much.