Just for Humour... Can JJ Make a good movie based on SPOCK'S BRAIN?!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Patrickivan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Like I said- this is just for fun... What would he do to make a movie based on Spock's Brain, if he were to?

Would it be serious, or a comedic movie like TVH?

One thing I would still insist on, is space women in scantily clad clothing.

2. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Just for Humour... Can JJ Make a good movie based on SPOCK'S BRAIN

I've always said that whether a movie is good or not depends less on the plot and more on the execution of that plot (story pace, dialogue, acting, etc.)

I've seen great plots turned into very bad films, and I've seen very pedestrian/unremarkable plots turned into very good films, just because of the way the film was executed.

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Somebody is going to say it eventually anyway so we may-as-well get it over with now - Brain and brain, what is brain???

Just for shit's and goggles - If anyone could pull off removing someones brain but keep the body functioning it'd be the Borg... or maybe Dr. Soong?

4. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.

Right. Spock's Brain wasn't the first bit of scifi to tackle the subject, it just did it so spectacularly badly.

Since we know Vulcans can have their katra moved around, that would be the better way to go in the future.

Hmm, just had a thought when typing that bit: one of the problems with Spock's Brain has been the extreme-ness of the removal of Spock's entire brain from his body and how the rest of his body didn't completely shut down. What if, his katra sensed what was going on and moved itself to a different part of his body, like the central nervous system and that's what kept his body from completely going down?

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, are we actively fishing for ideas to kill off the franchise? :p

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be an exercise in futility, as Spock's Brain is perfect as it is and cannot be improved. This is truth.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm more interested in seeing how Abrams could handle that piece of televised art that is And the Children Shall Lead. Or perhaps that's what Into Darkness is. Is Cumberbatch Gorgon?

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps the beanie was keeping him alive but why would they bother caring about that?

SB and ST lll have one thing in common. In SB, when they eventually found Spock's consciousnesses in the computer, he made sense, was able to converse normally.

In ST lll, while McCoy was carrying his Katra, Spock could momentarily come across as normal, ("Scanning... indications are normal at this time.") This ability for normal thinking/reacting in both instances is proof enough for me that his Katra (marbles, as McCoy called them) was with his brain in SB.

No, I don't think that is going to get the writers a pass on this one. It's just stupid writing, plain and simple.

9. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

This actually made me laugh out loud at 0536. Thanks!

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spock's Brain is camp and camp is hip. This is quite doable.

If you want a challenge give him The Alternative Factor.