DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not that often that you get that combination along with him remaining single. IRL there'd at least be every kind of rumor about his sex life in the tabloids all the time. In real, real life just about anyone in his situation is married, often has been more than once, and women are fucking him on the side anyway.

Bruce Wayne is as plausible as Clark Kent. :lol:

On the subject of random sigs around here - I give a damn about Action #2. Enjoyed the hell out of it and thought it was pretty special. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

The Man of Steel series was pretty good in that regard - Lex and Luthor have launch and he's the complete asshole playboy (who if I remember correctly misleadings Lex into thinking that bruises on his face are due to some kinky sex game he was playing the night before).

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There probably is but the comic book stories simply choose not to focus on it.

I don't know. Look at George Clooney. I think he MIGHT have been married once, when really young, but now he's about fifty and been single nearly all (if not all) his life. He's pretty much the real life Bruce Wayne (albeit a shitty movie one).

4. Admiral Buzzkill

I've got to say that it would be hard to find "reviews" of comics any more brain-dead and pointless than what they do at Comic Book Resources. I find modern comics sometimes narratively confusing (I admit it!) but the people at CBR seem to be reading-challenged. I didn't quite realize before just how smart the AICN @$$holes are by contrast.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This Bruce Wayne is probably in his late 20s/early 30s. He currently has a young boy living with him, and over the last decade has adopted other teens, with them moving on when they hit 18. Then he gets another.

People will be talking about his sex life, but it won't involve a woman.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, that's always been kind of a traditional part of the whole Wayne/Grayson thing. Paging Doctor Wertham. :lol:

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

One punch!

8. Zaku

Zaku Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know. Usually gay celebrities that aren't out of the closet don't lead a playboy life like Bruce... I believe...

Any exception?

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Rock Hudson. Liberace.

10. Zaku

Zaku Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Right :(

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

:lol: They weren't making out, they were FUCKING.

I don't think it's the depiction of Catwoman as sexy and sassy is the problem. I think it was the depiction of Catwoman as basically just tits and ass. How many pages in before we see her face?

12. Admiral Buzzkill

When I think of Catwoman, I think T&A. Must have been Julie Newmar.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I'm an Eartha Kitt man, myself. T&A and that voice...

14. Admiral Buzzkill

1960s television was...memorably strange:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ShixDbF_js[/yt]

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Between the two issues I actually like the Catwoman book and find her to be a rather interesting character. Sure the books overplay her sexuality but isn't that what Catwoman's always pretty much been about? Hasn't she pretty much ALWAYS just oozed sex?

16. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Hard to say. The pre-Flashpoint Batman was probably around late 30s (or early 40s going by this estimate). Batman does seem pretty much unchanged, with the exception of things like his relationship with Catwoman. The Killing Joke still happened (3 years previously) and so did all of the Robins. (Dick Grayson and Tim Drake are confirmed by name, and Batman makes a quip to Batwoman about sidekicks going insane.) I reckon that that he's within a few years either side of 35.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is difficult to determine Bruce's age in "Catwoman" without knowing the time in the New 52 that it takes place in. The Batman, Inc Bruce has been suggested to be about 39 by the old DCU timeline.

18. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This week I really liked the Batman related books. I think Batman and Batman & Robin both got significantly better with their second issues. I thought Nightwing had a nice revelation and I thought Catwoman was an enjoyable read.

Also picked up Wonder Woman and Supergirl, no complaints. I thought Justice League looked good as usual but once again the book was too slight in the page count department. I also thought it shifted too awkwardly from the main action to Vic Stone and his dad. With Green Lantern Corps, I don't like the new vengeful attitude of some of the Lanterns, but the issue itself was okay.

19. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Not since Brubaker's run on the book.

This is actually a step backwards, but not very surprising from Judd Winnick.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

I'm pretty happy not to have been paying much attention these last few years - a lot of the stuff that's being overwritten right now doesn't sound all that interesting.

Forty year-old Batman? Okay, I guess if I can believe he swings around on lines through skyscraper windows I can believe he does it at forty. But it's still ridiculous.