Admiral Brukk's Lonely Hearts Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Emher, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you like baseball? ;)

2. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^nope, cant say Im interested in any kind of sports. :borg:

my family is like that with me too. The problem is with like more distant relatives, my sister's friends, or coworkers, where they dont know you well...it feels like I have to explain why Im not in the "norm" for my age group...

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

" For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love."

Sorry, I know that's really random, but it seemed relevant.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

A challenge, then... :evil:

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Nice. Where's that from?

6. Kestra

It's Francis Bacon, one of his essays, "On Friendship". Also Johnny Five quotes part of it in Short Circuit 2. :D

7. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm, I shouldn't post in this thread but I have never really felt lonely.

I am married and have been with my wife for 25 years.

If I can find a partner pretty much anyone can.

8. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was said right before he got a punch in the mouth for being a complete tool.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Thanks, I'll look that up. And maybe read some Bacon, too. :D

10. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mmmm... bacon.

Sorry. [that's why you're lonely - someone]

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I prefer to be alone. The friends I had either stabbed me in the back over nothing or just abandoned me when I was not working a few years back. My family is a train wreck and toxic, so I don't want to be around them at all. It never fails every woman I get involved with says "you are the nicest & sweetest guy I have been with" but the relationships end up being physical and I want something more...they just don't work out. I totally give up on meeting someone, getting married and having a family. Plus now that I am broke and have no hopes of finding anything...people act like they don't know me. Being alone is good.

12. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

You're never alone when the voices in your head are there to comfort you. :bolian: [Shut up - everyone]

13. Kestra

Well, you say being alone is good, but obviously things have been rough on you. I hope you either truly find peace alone, or you find people who can support you in the ways that you deserve.

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I agree

I must say I can empathize to some small extent. When things don't go well it's somewhat comforting to say the hell with it I'd rather be on my own where I don't have to deal with this crap. But for myself, even though I learned to be self-sufficient and can function well on my own the yearning inside for some connection never really goes away, and every so often it comes forth and can feel almost all encompassing.

It may be hard to believe but there are decent people out there, and it's a joy when you find them. Mind you, you also have to be willing to give something of yourself in exchange.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I hope so. I am always open to people I meet. I really want to move and go somewhere new and see where that takes me. I just know living where I am now...it's a lost cause.

I Thank you both for your words.

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I've moved into a new town and I'm feeling pangs for someone I left behind in my old town. We were not involved in the traditional sense (she's married :sigh:) but we've had some sort of odd connection for several years that I'm almost sure that if she weren't married I could win her over completely.

That said we had a bond and friendship that I find myself missing more than anything else. I think of her often, particularly as I look around at the new people I'm getting to know and wondering what (if any) friendships may come of it. Even being able to gab about similar interests will be welcome.